Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 6 - Boston, Cambridge, Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology School, Chinatown






















































Edwin
Today I have a good day. First we woke up late, we thought that we could go to gym. after that we went to Dunkin Donut to eat breakfast. Then we went to Harvard Square and Harvard University. At last we went to M.I.T. University.
I forgot my water at my apartment. Billy was really angry because I didn't take care of myself from little thing. Billy at last bought me a water bottle from Harvard. Today I learned that I should do thing better in studying than physical training. Tomorrow I have to go to gym with Billy, and we maybe stay in Boston for 1 more day.

Michael
Hurray! Boston has left its best impression in my mind! Again, I found this city so systematic, well-planned, so on so forth. Our first job today was to take a look of the Public Transport of Boston - Subway. We took the Red line Subway (they have green, orange, red and blue line). We bought a daily pass for each person, which cost $9 and allow us to travel everywhere, no matter how many times. The first station we got off is Harvard Station. Once we left the train and got on to the lobby, we could be able to taste the fragrance of architecture, academics, aesthetics and even the high-living standard of the Massachusetts. (Before going to the Harvard, we met a woman playing glass harmonica for us, that`s was absolutely amazing, especially when she played Mu-Lee Hua and Harry Potter`s movie feature-theme of music.) Entering Harvard for Business or Law is one of my greatest hope in my life, so I want to know more about this school. Unfortunately, we didn`t have any ID card to enter halls and libraries to have a deeper look of inside. Therefore, I wish I could enter this school 4 years later to get a student ID card and bring all the Family and Monticle members to come to have a visit. :) Well, just kidding anyway, but hopefully I will get a chance to do that.
After having a hefty lunch in Legal Seafood Restaurant, we headed towards MIT, another famous university in Cambridge. This is a totally different school, surrounded by sophisticated technologies, modern architecture, tons of government documents or even secrets and crazy-Albert-Einstein-like scientists. I always remember a motto told by Monticle - `Scientists magnify problems, while leaders reduce problems.` So, I somehow don`t really appreciate this school much, especially its factory-like labs and lecture centers. However, we could be able to enter the physics labs and even the main building hallways. Out of expectation, I found that MIT was so open to publicity. Well, anyway, I think I might probably get degrees from both universities, getting 2 ID cards in order to bring all my family and friends to visit these two top-seed schools at once :) Thank you Billy for bringing me to have a preview of my future! :) (So unwise to be ambitious, but that`s who I am! Come on, everybody wants to enter these schools! Further more, you might be able to enjoy a suite room again and having Clam chowder and Fish `N Chips Marathon with me here!)

3 comments:

  1. These pictures brought me lots of memories. BTW, do you know that statue is not the real John Harvard?

    Enjoy the atmosphere - there isn't that many places in the world like Boston! You guys are so lucky to have Billy taking you there by foot.

    Michael, to dream the impossible dreams.......to reach the unreachable star!!! You have all our supports~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandraca, it is my honour to work with your family. Michael is a very bright growing young man. I can see his future leadership is on the way to make this would better. Micheal, keep up with your good work. Monticle team will support you all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for updating the blog, through which just like I am travelling with you all.

    Billy, thank you so much for arranging such a wonderful trip for the kids.

    Thank you, Billy! Thank you, Monticle!

    ReplyDelete