Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 13 - 14 Me3 Life Education Program - Camping at Algonquin Park


























































































Margott ☺ - July 11, 2011

I packed up my stuffs this morning and went to HQ to pack up the other equipment. We are ready to go camping! We travelled about 4 hours in the care and arrived the Algonquin park at about 2 in the afternoon. We didn’t have lunch driving the way to the park! So we had lunch and dinner together! I ate two instand noodles! I was so hungry :P after the meal, we had steak to eat! ☺ yum ☺ btw, this camp site provide hot water to let people take shower and I had a good shower tonight ☺ Good Nite! ☺

Margott ☺ - July 12, 2011

Oh the stone under the tent hurted my back all night long! I hate you STONE! .V. Today we had the first aid lesson after the wonderful breakfast. ☺ Edwin was so brave to do the demo, of being put a soft tube inside his nose! Good Job dude ☺ after the lesson, Canji gave us a big challenge- everyone use one finger to hold a irregular stick together and transfer it from one tree to another. We thought that was so easy but we found that it’s very difficult after we tried for some times. But finally we finished it cuz we learnt how to communicate with others and how to cooperate. The team spirit is important too. We then went hiking at the Bat Lake Trail. The view of the lake is really nice. Moreover, the hiking trail in Canada is quite different from Hong Kong. Hong Kong’s hiking trail mostly built with cement to form a road but Canada’s hiking trail is more natural, no cement but a bit of mud and some woods for building boardwalks. We finished the trail in 2 hours and 5 mins. It’s a good time ☺ hiking’s fun ☺ But I hate those annoying mosquitoes and flies! .V. Get away from me! .V.


Michael - July 11, 2011

We wrote the blog lately because yesterday was rainy and we’re quite busy all day, like setting up tents, campfire, cooking and taking showers. As this was the first time in Algonquin, I felt excited about the hiking trails and the wildlife features here. As I am the navigator with Anthony for 12th July, I’m excited with testing my navigation skills ☺ (though I’m not good at it.) though we’re not making marshmallow BBQ on the campfire, I’ve had a beautiful moon-late view around the night, wonderful steaks and instant noodles with ham, which is actually mixture of dinner and supper. Though it’s still cloudy and humid today, we will have enjoyed the hiking by tonight☺.

Michael - July 12, 2011

We almost lost connection with the ‘outside’ world, so we updated our blogs late. Excuse Me!  Well, after having oatmeal and eggs as breakfast, we had our first-aid lecture with Billy and Jerome. P.S. Edwin and Billy were so brave for the demonstration of OPA & MPA tubing~After that, we had our leadership training about holding our stick (wood) with index finger, then walking to another tree without anybody’s loosing contact with the stick. It sounds easy as we’re only having less than 8M to walk. However, we always failed after the first step-someone lifted it up subconsciously, someone went too quick… At first, we just concerned about ourselves whether about to touch the stick, but not unify all 9 of us. Then we stopped to have our first ‘timeout. We should do it step by step, making commands instead of blaming individually, changing our formations etc. Even though we still got failures sometimes, we made better communications and enhancing team spirit, which made us a reward~ lunch with Mac & Cheese. Followed by a hike in the Bat Lake Trail, we had our final dinner in the camp with mask potato, and we will probably arrive HQ by tomorrow’s afternoon


Scarlett - July 11, 2011

Today I tried many new thing .When we arrived at the camp side, we set up the tent. And it raining , it’s very hard to set up the tent . After that we set up the camp fire ,it’s very light ,we sing and danced around it .This my first time ,and it’s very fun !Then I went into the tent .we talked about the ghost together .It’s scare me .First time to talk about ghost story in the tent .Let me think of those movie .In the night ,the moon is the lightest I never seen before .It just like the painting ,so beautiful !Finally I went to slept in the tent .This my first time too !I am exciting about the hiking tomorrow !^_^

Scarlett - July 12, 2011

Today we went to hiking. It’s a new experience or me, but it made me feel exhausting. We went hiking , it is very different from Hong Kong the trees are bigger, the hiking trail is more difficult to walk, I almost fall some times. It’s lucky that always have somebody to catch me up, and we saw a bear scratch mark at the tree. It’s also made me felt disappointed because I didn’t see any animals like bears, wolfs…finally I went to the lack near our camp side. It’s so beautiful. I love it so much! I can saw the fish under the water. I hope the Hong Kong lack would seen like Canada’s too! I enjoy today’s adventure very much!

Calvin - July 11, 2011

Today was our first day going camping , however we had to get there first. The road there was very long and many people slept a lot. We stopped for one lunch break along the way, once we reached the campsite it started to RAIN and we had to build our tents then. All of us settled down pretty quickly and we had dinner and steak.

Calvin - July 12, 2011

Today we woke up at camp at 7:00 and prepared for the day .We first ate breakfast and then had a first aid lecture .Then we had a lesson on teamwork with Canji .After that we ate lunch and proceded with lunch and then the hike .After the hike we took showers and currenlly eating dinner.

Anthony - July 11, 2011

Day 9: These few days will be about camping and will continue for 3 days and 2 nights. Unfortunetly on day 9 we spent half the day getting to the campsite. After we arrived at the campsite, we started making the tents and setting up dinner/lunch. I loved the noodles but then we had to clean up and gather around the campfire for a nice evening.

Anthony - July 12, 2011

Day : 10 ,first day camping outdoor for whole day and started out with breakfast –my first time trying oatmeal – and then it commenced with 2 classes .First our is about basic first aid then leadership skills .After that ,we went on a 5.6 km hike in Bats Lake and took 2 hr and 5 mins the 3.5 hrs .Over the hike ,the camel bag was very handy in providing dean water to consume .EVERYONE had a nice , hot shower afterwards and going to eat dinner around the campfire.

Alastair - July 11, 2011

Today ,(or yesterday)we arrived at the camp site at around 3-5 in the afternoon .5 minuetes later ,3 mosquito bites were found on my in hands to toe wrists .When we were setting up the tents ,we were soaked hand to toe from the rain. A couple hours later, when we were going to the shower, another coupe mosquitoes decided to have a bite. That night, when going to the washroom, a literal swarm of mosquitos started to chase me, now I need to find a mosquito jacket, good bye…

Alastair - July 12, 2011

Today was a relatively uneventful day. In the morning, we attended a few classes, and in the afternoon, we went on a 2 hour hike. The hike was pretty easy, even with the terrain and the water. The camel bad back that Billy gave us really helpful during the trip. The thing that bothered me the most, however, was the constant barrage of bugs, black flies, mosquitos, etc…so anyways, this concludes my progressively shorter blogs. ☺ (Happy Birthday Clemens)

Edwin - July 11, 2011

Today, I learn a lot. Thought the tune, we make a tent in the rain I lear teamwork. I love my food. The tent is too nisen wet with is not good. We ate and we went to sleep. The best time is when we go to bath. We want to a bike trail and we were lose. We find our way back. To the station. We have a lot of good time.

Edwin - July 12, 2011

Today, I learn a lot. I learn that being a leader is very hard. I learn that being a leader have to know yourself first. Being a leader is required a lot of different thing such as good communication, think of other, and many thing more. The only thing that I need to change is to be more detil in doing thing and not being to mazzy. Today we have 2 hour hike. It was a quiet one but is faster that than it should be. I will do better tomorrow.

Owen - July 11, 2011

Today, 9 got up at 7:15. After y ate breakfast, we went to a very big park to start 3 days 2 nights camping. First, we had to travel 2 hours to the park. When we were building our tent, it was raining. Om my god! When, we had lunch. it was instant noodles and lunch meat. Yeah! ☺ After that we had a steak dinner, the steak was tasty and juicy! Finally, we had a campfire and went to bed.

Owen - July 12, 2011

Today, was a second day of camping. After the breakfast, we had two classes about first ait. When, we went hiking. There were too many flys there! I hate them! After 2 hours and 5 minutes, we finished. After , we broke the record again! Yeah! After that, we had dinner. It was totally, too. Finally, we had a campfire and went to bed.

Jacky - July 11, 2011

Today we had a long drive to Algonquin park. We took 4 hours to get there. when we arrived we set up the tent at our site as quick as possible we were all wet when we were setting up the tents. When we were completely done we were soaking wet and the Hong Kong kids were all in the boys tenet, because they didn’t like the rain. When were all finished some of the boys went to get fire wood. We than had lunch when the boys arrived back to the site. We all than went to take a shower. When we were all done we went back to collect some fire starter. I than realized I forgot my wallet but luckly I found it back. We than ate dinner and enjoyed the night view and went to sleep.

Jacky - July 12, 2011

Today was an exhausting day .We had a pretty good breakfast but we had some P.T to do and a lot of the lesson about first Aid .We learned a lot of the medical supply Billy and Jerome showed us .We than had a big lunch for our long Hike at bat lake .We enjoyed the beautiful view and used our came pack to hydrate us .We than decide to take a shower and than eat dinner .We had a long exhausting day today .

1 comment:

  1. You guys have totally forgotten the GIGANTIC 'inverted' portebello mushroom!!! Bet is nice to go with the steak, instant noodles, oatmeal, etc. etc...... Just kidding ~_@

    ReplyDelete