Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 16 - Me3 Life Education Program - Shopping Day!





























Calvin

Today we spent our time at a mall, something that Monticle has not done before. Though we did have a fun time we did not learn anything. I feel that it was a useless day that someone had put on us. The locals just spent most of our time browsing. The only people who bought anything was from Hong Kong. We spent our evening watching Transformers. Then we ate dinner afterwards.

Edwin

Today, we went to a mall. We have a shopping in Monticle, which is not right. We are here for training not for shopping. There must be someone planning it. That night we watch a movie call “Transformer Dark of the Moon” this Movie teach me a lot about leadership. I learn a lot from that movie. That movie is the Best (:. I love transformer. This is what I think.

Anthony

Day 12! Apparently, today was a shopping day. This was really unexpected for Monticle, after all the other cool things they provided, I don’t think a training program would have a shopping day thus makes me think that there is someone else not from Monticle who wanted this day. FORTUNETLY everyone went to watch Transformers 3, Dark of the Moon which had extreme amounts of action and fighting which I absolutly LOVED. After the movie there was a big dinner which I learned that there’ll likely be a Transformers 4, 5 and 6 but we will see until then.

Scarlett

Today we went to shopping. I bought two shirts and a shoes. I went to many shops too! Although I like shopping, I don’t think that have shopping day in Canada is a good ideal. We should learn more thing and have more fun thing to try and to do in here. It will be more interesting than having a shopping day. After that, we ate ice-cream, it is so yummy! I like the sweet things! Then we went to watch a movie call transforners 3, this is not the kind of movie I like most. But I still enjoyed it! Finally we went back to the apartment, when we on the way back I saw the moon, it’s so bright right here. I guess when I back to Hong Kong I will miss this very very much!

Owen

Today, was a happy day. Because, we went to a shopping mall bigger than Disneyland. First, w went to a game station, which such as Hong Kong’s ‘adventure park’. Although the games were interesting, we needed to pay for it. One game one dollar! It… it was super expensive! Next, we had lunch at the food court I ordered a hamburger and French fries. Although the food was yummy, it wasn’t healthy to me. Then, I ate an ice-cream. Tasty! After that, we back to the office and rest a while. Next we watched Transformer. Dark of the moon (transformer 3). It was my favourite movie! Yeah! Finally, we went to drink tea for dinner and back to the apartment and went to bed.

Margott☺

Leadership training program has a shopping day?!! Whatever… -3- we hung around in the biggest mall in Toronto for 5 hours… we didn’t shop a lot but we played some games there to have fun together ☺ finally, we left the mall at about 4 pm and I bought a pair of grey shoes. ☺ in the evening we went to cinema to watch Transformers 3. we all were so excited as it’s more interesting than go shopping. We enjoyed the movie so much. And we had dinner at about 9:30 pm. today was not fun at all. ☹

Michael

Today, well, was absolutely the ‘emptiest day’ for all of us. We just walked through the Vaughan Mills Mall for almost 5 hours, but only Scarlett and Margot did some shopping and purchasing stuff. Today, was the most bland day for all of us, seriously. We got no games or any other specific entertainment like Go Kart in the mall, but playing token games, getting ourselves tickets and some squishy and bouncy rubber stuff. Hopefully, we will have a better and meaningful day before the program ends ☺
Last but not least, we watched Transformers 3 in FMP, thought it’s not a good movie, but it’s still worth to watch and at least make myself feel more ‘practical’. : )

Jacky

Today was a boring day because there was a non-Monticle personnal that suggested we could go shopping. As a Male I have no need to shop so the complete day was very boring. I didn’t do much but walk around the mall for 4-6 hours. The end of the day was OK because the movie we watched was very good. We watched Transformer 3, it was very exciting because the action scenes was very action packed. The movie was the only good fun part.

Sally

Today we went shopping!!! Yay!!! NOT it was so boring the only good part was lunch cause I was really hungry and I hate shopping! But after that, we watch a movie the trandformer moive it was ok because I already watched with my cousins in 3D. so today was like any other shopping day I went too.

Alastair

Today, we went shopping. Yes, Monticle challenge-shopping. Our Physical Activity for that day was walking around Vauga Mills mall, and strength training was carrying purchased items. Our track was inside the mall, and our lunch included the wide variety of fast food restaurants in the food court. Our Hong Kong representative enjoyed the trip very much, but that was the minority, well, she represents the Hong Kong side of Monticle so I guess that makes it a majority, a one person majority. Don’t you love democracy? Any ways, I spent most of the day leading team 1, and looking at the wide selection of Knives in the Bass Pro Shop, so I guess it wasn’t a total waste. The knives were all too expensive, and I just cannot spend upwards of $250 on a Knife, no matter how much gold there is on the handle…

4 comments:

  1. Hi Billy,
    It seems your students were not well communicated that your designed program included a shopping day. That's why they were so shock to have a shopping day! It is nice for us to experience the biggest mall in Canada but we (the Hong Kong group) is just a minority as compared to the Canada team and we are just the participants to follow what has designed and included in the program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Students,
    It looks you guys did not enjoy "shopping", however, there are still a lot of things that you could learn from it. You could learnt that Toronto has such a big shopping mall in which almost all sorts of different varieties are being sold there, including guns; you could learnt some of the products are at bargain prices that help you to have a better budget control in future; You could learnt different shops have their different design to attract customers; you could learnt how such a big shopping mall to attract customers by adding in many different playing games areas of which give you a creative mind how to run a business successfully....,.In fact, there are lots of things to learnt if you pay attention to it but not just "shopping".

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. grasping at straws, falling into the implied hole...

    ReplyDelete