Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 18 - Monticle Tactical Experience / Prep for Monticle Challenge

















































































Sally

Today we went to tacticial training same part were boring some part was fun like when we rode on the car it went so fun that I hit my head! Then we went shopping for the lunch for the monticle chnglle but some of us didn’t went cause there too much people.

Jacky

Today was a very fun day we went to a tactical police force for a nice little tour. We got to see very interesting stuff like ATUS, automatic firearms. We than ate a very heaty meal, it was very big. We than bought food for tomorrows. We were stuck in the training area making sandwichs. It was very interesting. Now I cant wait for tomorrow.

Scarlett

Today we did a lot of thing. First we visited the police place. I learnt a lot of thing about the guns and the clothes wear police. And I tried to wear it on too! Then we set on the armored vehicle, it’s really exciting! After that the breakfast is sandwich…and the lunch. But we didn’t know that Billy is taking us to the restaurant to eat lunch, so we all ate the sandwich before. Although I am full, I still ate a lot. It is so yummy! Finally we went back to Monticle HQ, to make the sandwich for tomorrow actives. We made about 90 sandwich! I never made that much food before! And it is fun to make food with friends. But tomorrow is the last day in Canada. I feel so upset about it! > <

Edwin

Today, we went to the police tanicko untie. I have a good time. They see the swat untie. We have a good time. I learn that the special police don’t us deadly toys. They show us a lot of cool stuff. I fice the armed police car. I learn a lot. One of they most cool thing
Is when the are going trammy they have to run 4 round and caring a lot of heavy stuff. We made sandwich for tomorrow.

Margott:)

Um… quite tired right now coz we have just finished making the breakfast and lunch for tomorrow and cleaning up. I’m really excited about tomorrow’s Monticle Challenge!:) It’ll be fun!!!:D
We woke up early in the morning today as we were going to visit the tactical:) The ride on the Armored Vehicle was cool!:) And I saw a lot of guns… AWESOME!:D I had a chance to shoot the rubber bullet gun! That’s really really great! Thanks Billy:) Thanks Raymond:)
Btw, we had 2 lunches today!:s You know what? We didn’t know we would go YumCha for lunch so we packed sandwiches for lunch. When we finished our sandwiches, Billy brought us to YumCha!:S OMG! I ate like a monstertoday!:S I’m getting fatter amd fatter!:( I want PT!:( Although PT always make me feel tired:p
After the 2 lunches, we went to supermarket to buy the food tomorrow’s Monticle Challenge and the Graduation Party. Calvin bought me ice cream as he damaged my bracelet! I’ll remember you FOREVER CALVIN!:p Hope the bracelet can be fixed!:(
We then went back to HQ and started making the sandwiches for tomorrow. We worked as a team again!:) It’s really great to be friends with all of you:)
Yo! Monticle Challenge I’m coming!!!:)

Michael

We met lots of friend today, some of them were new, some of them were past. Anyway, we went to a Police Station today, to have a dig into PTU (Police Tactical Unit), -Round), including their weaponary use (Rubber-round), pistol, rifles, tasers, etc.), armors, ramps, vehicles, and even their extreme physical training, which makes them carry 200 lb of armour while climbing and jogging continuously for 7 minutes!! (I am just like 110 lbs, I left hopeless of being a policeman or firefighter) T.T.
Finally, after watching their demonstration on gun-firing, Monticle presented nice certificates to the officers and we all had fun.
We left our friends, and went back to HQ have our self-packed lunch, which was just a piece sandwich, absolutely not enough for all of us. Billy, however, brought us to “Yum Cha” (being Dim-Sums), which made us feel almost want to puke! Then, we made separated sandwiches in zip-locks for tomorrow’s Monticle Challenges and Breakfast. Before that, we did some shopping in Costco for the challenge and also BBQ dinner for HK kids, which is kind of a graduation dinner. To make a touch-up for today, we are going to have a dinner in the apartment and probably have movie-watching. Work hard! Eat hard! Comrades! Wish ourselves a nice day tmr for the challenge.

Alastair Yu

We went to the Police Tactical Force training are today, the firearms there we automatic, so of course, civilians were not allowed to use them. Apparently, Margott was and will be one of the only civilians under 18 to use one of the non-lethal weapons.
Anyways, we came back to the HQ and made almost a hundred sandwiches for tomorrow’s challenge, the sandwiches may be soggy…
It’s a small world people, it’s a small world.

Owen Yip

Today was the second last day at Canada. WE will leave here in 18th day. I was looking forward to see my family in Hong Kong. But first, I needed to write my blog now. Today, we went to a police office. We first went to the “car park” of police in there. There were some guns. Although there guns were powerful, I got no chance to use it. :(. Next, we went on the car of police. It was really fast! Then, we went to the shooting range. They showed us how powerful were the gun was. After that, we went to the drink tea. WE all back to the office with a filling feeling, Finally, we went back to the apartment and went to bed.

Anthony Leung

Day 14: Tactical Police Force, OH YEA!
Learned so much about the police, from what they do to how they do it. I also learned that they get many other awesome perks but with the rewards always comes with a risk. Each day they risk their lives saving others, knowing they could die at any second but they still go with the saying, “To take a life to save a life.” This really changes my perspective of the military and officers and kinda make me spark the inner cop inside of me- wanting to be a cop- but I also want to persue my dream job of game designer and/or teach designer and/or businessman. Man, I’m so lost right now… or am I.

Calvin

It was an exciting day because we visited the tactical force. IT was a special event because not many people have a chance to go. WE learned that they had to pass a very hard test with all their gear on. This event took until 1:30 to finish so it was most of the morning. After the visit to the tactical unit we ate lunch and then went shopping for the Monticle event. Shopping took about 1 hour. WE then had to make lunch for the Monticle Challenge the next day.

2 comments:

  1. Kids, I am impressed by all of you! I can feel your eagerness to learn more and your willingness to go beyond your limits to push for excellency. Thumbs up to you all!

    You are our future leaders, and I can see how Monticle's program has successfully bond you all together and prepare you for this role. Thumbs up to Monticle!

    BRAVO kids!!! Have a great day tomorrow.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. COOL~~~ What's a great experience!!!!!

    ReplyDelete