Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 10 Me3 Life Education Program - Physical Fitness Exam & Communications Lecture Pt. 2



















































Michael

We basically had 2 lectures today. One was the continued part of Social Intelligence and another one was about camping. The objective today was the PT test in the Two-good Pond in Unionville. We all past and set up a record of finishing 7 km, 30 push ups and sit ups in 49 minutes. Therefore, we all were rewarded for having Japanese buffet for dinner tonight (though I missed it for some reasons☹).
Today, the most important objective I’ve learnt is teamwork. If Owen hadn’t made through the PT test, sure we wouldn’t have sushi tonight! Thanks everybody! Besides, we learnt about communication in a great depth – it’s not about your own intention, but to care about other’s feeling. Anyway, to sum up, I got so much enrichment today, and I expect to have more in the future.

Anthony

Day 6: Today was social intelligence part 2 until we had lunch. For lunch we went to FMP to each from my 2nd Calvin’s shop. After that we won’t to 2 park to do PT and ran 7 km with 30 push-ups and sit-ups in 49 mins, record time for Monticle so far. Since we beat the 1 hr mark, we enjoyed a nice sushi dinner, had a lot of fun and had a lot of fun… teehee… At around 10:30 p.m. we arrived at Monticle HQ to write our blogs and take showers to prepare for tomorrow’s day.

Owen

Today, was a exam day. But, I still woke up late at 7:10 am! Poor me! Next, we went t the office. After we arrived, I found that I have forgot to bring my lunch box. What a shame! Then, we have a class about Social Intelligence in Leadership. After that, we had a test. Luckily, I have passed it. Yeah! Next, was the PT exam. We had to do 30 put-ups, 30 sit-ups, and ran 7 km in a hour. Oh man! Although it was hard, we still finished it in 49 mins. We broke the record of Monticle! Yeah! Finally, we had a sushi dinner. The food was very yummy! I ordered two ice-cream. Ha!
P.S Jeff, were you jealous?

Jacky

Today was an interesting day, I had a wonder haircut by a famous hair cutter named Anderson. He messed up at first but he fixed it. We than had a long social intelligence activity. We than ate lunch and saw an akward sight, a future self of me! O.O We than had a lesson of putting up the tent. When we were done we had a blast at dinner.

Alastair

PT – Physical training. The combined “enthusiasm” of the instructors shaped into the form of a PT or in today’s case, a PT test, fun…. Any ways, today we started with a lesson on social intelligence, after a nice breakfast of boiled eggs. On a side note, I’m getting used to sleeping on the floor, and it’s starting to look comfortable. I’m not so sure it’s a good sign. So today, after the lesson, and the “enthusiasm” of the instructors, we learned how to setop tents, and got to see all of Billy’s survival gear. Back on the topic of PT test, we went for a 7km run in 49 mins apparently, it’s a great record.

Scarlett

Today is fun and I learnt a lot of things. In the morning we went on the social intelligence class. We know a lot about like communicate, symmetry, Action & reaction…. It’s kind of fun! Then we went to the P.T. Exam. I always hate P.T., but fun because it let me learnt how a team work. You support each other when they almost give up. And we broke the record of the P.T. exam. It feel very successful! After that we learnt many things about the camp, it’s amazing! Finally, because we finished our P.T. Exam, so we can ate sushi for dinner. It’s delicious and we have lots of fun there! There one more thing, today our lunch is not sandwich anymore! Thank you Billy! I enjoyed today’s planning very much!

Calvin

Today we had an in-class session at Monticle, then we had a P.T. Test with 30 sit-ups, 30 push ups, and 7 km in one hour. We also had a fin time with Aasta and Tammy again learning more about Social intelligence. After we had a little lesson about camping and setting up the tents, we then had dinner of an all you can eat sushi. We start kayaking tommorrow.

Margott

We had the Social Intelligence in Leadership lesson again today. I have learnt more about the good ways to communicate with others. ‘It’s not what you say. It’s how you say it.’ From this sentence, I understand that the attitude and the speaking tone is very important while communicating with others. The attitude and tone can totally affect your own image and the feedback from the others. If you ask someone to help you in a soft and polite way, the chance that you can get a help from others is much bigger than you ask for help in a rude way. I found that communicating skill is really important as it can help us to build a good social network. Hope I can be a person with well communicating skill in the future days. The lesson was divided into 2 parts, between the 2 parts of the lesson, we had the PT exam! :S We should finish 30 push-ups, 30 sit-ups and 7 km walking/ jogging/ running within 1 hour. And we finished this exam in 49 minutes! ☺ It’s great, isn’t it? :P But PT is quite tiring in fact. ☹ However it can help me to reduce fat and maintain a healthy body. ☺ Nice! ☺ As we did well in the PT exam, Billy brought us to eat Japanese food tonight! ☺ We had lots of food and everyone was full! :P HaHa :P So exciting :P Looking forward to the kayaking and the camping! ☺ Btw, a little bit homesick today. ☹

Ryan

Today was full of fun and excitement. During communication we learned about how people read in conflict and how we can see it. Many examples were shown and the lectures were well and descriptive. After that we went to a place called 2 point and had to run 7 km do 30 push ups and sit ups. It was extremely tiring and challenging but after I feel that I have achieved something. After we were able to celebrate by going to first markham place for lunch. after we went back to monticle headquarters to finish our communications lecture. Once we were done our exams for ommunications Anderson, Jerome and Billy taught us about the differant urvival equipment we would use during our differant expeditions. That pretty much sums up the day but I cannot wait until tommoroow.

Sally

Today we did a pt test is was so hard working. We had to run so km and I think we need to do 20 push ups and 30 sit ups. I like the sit up better cause it was eazyer for me and for running. I had to lead and I was keep going ahead of the insiters and we also the our social intelligale test to that was easzyer then the PT! at the end everyone get suhi!

2 comments: