Monday, July 2, 2012

Alpha Group / Me3 Foundation Day 3

We started off today at 8:00 in the morning (which is a sleep-in by our standards), and headed to a soccer field on John street for some morning PT. We quickly got to our 3-point-win game of soccer (or football, depending on your nationality). The game was close, ending at a 2-3 win for the “Brazil” tea. After the match, we all had some delicious buns, (courtesy of Billy, yet again) and some soy milk drinks. After heading back to HQ, Billy started a lecture on water safety, which admittedly was a little advanced, but they all pulled through. Now we start the main event of the day, leaning how to assemble the kayaks! That event took most of the day, (or at least it felt that way) lasting about 3-4 hours. Meanwhile, Alpha team (Howard, Tiffany, Marco, and Christina) prepared an amazing two-course dinner without using a stove, and using leftovers as their only ingredients. While they were doing that, our newest instructor, Daniel Awadalla, arrived at the HQ, to help us during the camping trip. This took us to around 8:30 pm. Daniel gave them a short lecture on packing their bags, and had them set up for bed. However, for some of us, the day wasn’t over yet Alexandra, Howard, James, and Quince decided that they had too much energy to burn in at 10:00, so Billy decided to take them on a nighttime jog. Although we don’t have pictures of them, you all can be assured that they were amazing and outstanding students, pushing themselves even when they should be sleeping. Anyways, it has been a long day for all of us, and since we have to wake up early tomorrow (to go to our campsite) I’m going to end this here. Good-night, and stay tuned, remote campsites and a lack of Wi-Fi can’t stop this blog!


Crystal
Today is the third day of Monticle camp. This morning we had an early morning PT at a park with a huge soccer field. We played a game of soccer. After soccer we had our breakfast, buns and egg tarts. Then we went to HQ to listen to an important lecture about hypothermia. After that we had our lunch, fried noodles and rice. After that we learned about how to build kayaks. It took us 4 hours to finish building. The Alpha group cooked our delicious dinner with a surprise dessert! I can’t wait until tomorrow because we are going camping !!!

Kendra
Today we woke up early and did some PT before breakfast. We formed 2 teams and played soccer. The winning team would pick breakfast first. Apparently, my team lost, but it’s OK. I still got a good bun and eggtart. Then, we went back to HQ and learned about water safety. We did a team test on water safety, and my team got 1 wrong. We still passed though. We then learned how to assemble a kayak. It was 2 one-person kayaks, and 1 two-person kayak. It was fun on one hand, but hard on the other. Then, we had dinner, the Alpha group cooked dinner today. Today, yet another instructor came in. He’s called Danny and he’s also in the Canadian Force’s team. Just like Billy, their both in the medical study. Today was really fun, and I can’t wait till tomorrow when we go camping. We’re waking up at 6:00 tomorrow and playing water sports. I think we’re going to have a lot of fun tomorrow!!

 
Quince
Today we build two kayacks. One game of soccer and we build kayack perfectly. Today we are so tired also, we do 30 pushups and 30 sit ups. We have a fun day. Tomorrow is also OK.

 
Tiffany
Waking up 3 hrs early, I was lying down on my bed thinking about the past 2 days of awesomeness. I didn’t really have much to do, due to the fact that I packed before sleep. So I decided to go out of our room and sorted out the laundry. I found out my best friend Yereem “Accidentally” dyed my shirt pink! I freaked and screamed waking everyone up. Then we played a game of soccer determining the first team to choose breakfast! Fortunately out team won and we relaxed under the shade on the grass. When we headed back to HQ and took a water safety lesson, build a kayak then My group cooked dinner and put happy, surprised, awesome smiles on people’s faces. It was an wonderful day! I can’t wait for tomorrow!

Howard
Today, I woke up at around 7:15 am by the sound of the girls’ squealing. After awakening, we traveled to a soccer field for P.T. It was a thrilling and challenging match. Then we had a good breakfast consisting of bread. We returned to HQ to have a lesson on water safety and Hypothermia to prepare for the upcoming water drills. As well w had a lesson on how to build a Kayak. As part of group Alpha, it was our job to cook dinner. It was an okay dinner… Today was a day filled with experience and Knowledge.

Mike
Today, we didn’t really go anywhere.  It was more relaxing compared to the past days.  We did two main things, another PT and building a K1 and K2 kayak.  The PT was a soccer game.  Although we lost 2-1, it was still very fun.  Then we spent about four hours to build kayaks.  Tonight, we are sleeping at HQ and we will start camping tomorrow.

Alexandra
Today was the third day.  We built kayaks.  Our dinner was really good.  Tomorrow, I have to wake up at 5:30 to go camping!  Today, we also played soccer, it was fun.  I also met Daniel because I haven’t got to know him yet but I will.

Yereem
Today was the first time ever in my life to play soccer on a proper grass field and to assemble a kayak.  When I first saw the soccer field, I was shocked, because there are only a very few soccer fields in Hong Kong, but here in Canada, they are so common.  Although this was my first time, I had fun, and although our team lost, I was happy.  Also, I had lots of fun assembling kayaks.  It was pretty challenging, but through teamwork, cooperation and Calvin’s help, we finished our kayak.

Marco
Today we went to played a fun soccer match.  Then we ate breakfast.  This time, we did not cook.  Billy bought some bread and egg tart.  It was yummy.  After that we did an exam, but this is like a teamwork exam.  Our team got perfect.  Then it’s our next meal.  The lunch is fried rice, fried noodles and another noodles.  Our dinner was very special, because our team made the dinner.

James
The noise of the annoy girls started my day.  We played soccer game to determine which team gets to choose our brunch and I was the captain.  The game was annoy and long but we won.

Christina
It is the third day of camp! We stayed in the HQ (head quarters) but builed kayaks, in the morning we played soccer, and packed up for the camp tomorrow. Happy birthday MOM!! I did remember! I hope we have  a great day like today next time.

Geoffrey
Today, when we finished breakfast we went to a soccer field today soccer.  I was the captain when we play soccer, I said my strategy and we started the match.  Our team “Spain’s” strategy was to pass the ball to the right spot and kick far away to me which is the striker.  When we finished lunch in HQ, we had a water safety class, then we were learning how to build a kayak, which is different from Hong Kong’s kayak.  It took 5 and a half hours to built two kayaks because there’s many steps!  We ate dinner and a creative dessert.  I had a fun day!











































No comments:

Post a Comment