Sunday, July 22, 2012

Bravo group Day 2


In the morning, the new students in the apartment returned to HQ to regroup with the others. We ate a mundane, but not at all boring, meal of Honey Nut Cheerios with blueberries. Our breakfast was simple because we needed to load up all of the food and equipment onto the Sprinters. We connected the trailers to the Sprinter, and loaded up a total of nine kayaks onto one of the Sprinters. To the other Sprinter, we connected our Zodiac rescue boat. We packed up all of our luggage, and loaded them on as well as safety equipment such as life jackets. Food was also packed up and loaded onto the Sprinters before we had a quick lunch of tuna-fish sandwiches and juice.

We cleaned up and rolled out, on the road after a few hours of packing. We arrived at Darlington Provincial Park and quickly doled out jobs and pitched up tents, sweeping the camping area for any dangerous objects or items. We were put into tent groups, and organized our personal belongings in them. Some of us began cooking dinner while the others went to take showers in the surprisingly clean facilities. Our cooking team presented us with a scrumptious dinner of rice, turkey (that we’d prepared beforehand), and bok choy.

Jacky

Today is the first day of camping. Preparing, packing and staring was stressfull. We took around 3 hours just preparing and packing food and equipment. I felt like I helped a lot during the process. The ride during to the camp site was 2 hours and I was very bored. After today I feel like I did very well in assisting the team

Jason wang

Today is the first day at camp. The first of seven days. This morning we woke up at 7:50 am then we packed up all of our gear then headed out to camp. We took longer then wxpected as we had to teach the logistics and prosedures for loading and unloading the trailers and sprinters to the students which came 2 days ago. Today was a very slow day and nothing really happened, hopfully tomorrow will be more interesting.

Edwin cheung

Today is July 22, 2012. We start packing our equipment and kayaka really for our a 7 day camp trip. We went for a 1 and hour of road trip. Today I learn that I have to take responsibility of my job and take responsibility

Alan

Today when we woke up we ate our breakfast, after eating breakfast we put the things we need for the trip on the after a few minutes we went on the van and we went camping. We drove for a long time. When we arrived we took out stuff off the van and set up our ten and we took a shower, and we are going to eat.

Edwin Lo

At the morning, I woke up at eight. After the breakfast I went to pack up the for six day five night camp. It was many thing of it. After the packing thing. I take the car and went to the camp

Quince

8 move days of Monticle they have to have a camp and today we have a camp. I was very excited. We went to the camp at 12:00 p.m. before that we load everything first. We sleep in tents in the camp. The camp’s name is called darlington. We build the tent. We finished our tent at 5:30. I am sleeping with Edwin, another Edwin, Alastair, Alan, and Jason. Now is 7:00 p.m. It’s time for our writer to get pepered for tomorrow’s blog. Bye.

Edwin Chan

Today is the start of our camping trip so we spent a few hours packing up the kayak . we got to learn how to strap the kayaks on to the trailers. As we were heading to the campsite I got to learn some new things about some people . once we got to the campsite we were separated to different groups. There are two orage tents and four blue tents . one of the orange tents belong to the instructors and the other belong to a group of six. I was put into a group of three and it took us a while just to put up our tent. After we all have out tents a few of us went to shower. A member of our group thought that our friend had turned into a little girl. Once we got back to our camp we played Monkey in the middle with a frisbee.

Jennifer

It’s raining. Well, now it’s stopped and I’m watching the kids playing Frisbee with Raymond and Kenny while Edwin Chan fills up a bucket with water at the group campsite’s adjacent tap. Quince just missed the Frisbee with a great yell, while Edwin Lo laughs because it was his own throw that Quince missed. Let me tell you how this picture came to be.

I woke in the apartment this morning, packed and helped to clean, putting the cots away and wiping the washrooms down and sweeping the floor. We went back to HQ on the Sprinter and had a breakfast of cereal and blueberries. I haven’t had either in a while, so it was a welcome sight...and taste, if you will. We quickly cleaned up so that we could begin packing up our luggage, connecting the trailers, and loading up the kayaks and the Zodiac. It took quite a few hours but we finally finished, and had tuna sandwiches for lunch. I still really dislike sandwiches—the making, and the eating.

We were on the car as soon as we were done, and arrived at Darlington Provincial Park sooner than I thought. I now know that I should always cal to confirm a reservation because the lady I had made the reservation with before had not entered our group into the system. I could tell that Billy was put out with me because of that, so I will definitely remember to do so next time!

We set up the tents, which I had honestly forgotten how to set up. I also know not to overestimate my abilities now. Even if I am desperate to show off my skills. Well, we showered, ate a delicious dinner, as you can see in the wonderful general blog up top there, and now here we are. Tomorrow we go on the water!

Henry Lo

Today is the first day in the camp. I felt very excited because it was my first time to sleep in a tent. I hope the bear will not visit me. I listened Billy, there will be rain. I hope it will not rain. Tomorrow I will play kayak in the water. I think it will be very amazing.

Jason Wong

This morning we woke up a little lattes. We had cereal and cheese crackers for breakfasts. After breakfast we started loading the kayaks, life jackets, helmets. It took 2 hours to load everything. We had tuna and chicken sandwich for lunch before leaving HQ. During the ride to Darlington provincial park I took a nap. We were to pick up any garbage in the camping area. We were seperated into sleeping groups and then set up the tents. I help wash and cut the bak choi while everyone else showered.

Ryan

Today we packed up our stuff and moved to Darlington. I had to help the group tie up the kayaks and pack up other things. It was quite boring however because we had a lot of people to do so many few things at a time.  After packing the stuff we ate a lunch of tuna and ranch sandwhices. We then got our stuff and moved out. I was suprised that Billy let the students nav today and even more that they stayed awake. We then unloaded our stuff. I am excited about Pt tomorrow and hope I can still get my sleeping mat because I left it in the utility tent.

Jonathan

Today, on our very first day of camp we did lot of things such as: locking down the boat and kayaks, cleaning  the place and many more things. Once we were ready to o, we loaded everything up in the van and left HQ. We arrived at Darlington Provincial Park, We cleaned up the site. suddenly it rained at evening. There was also thunderstorms. Tomorrow, we are doing something interesting.

Peggy

Day 2—Yikes. We were just told we forgot to close the apartment door when we left this morning... Hello everybody. I write to you from inside the girls’ tent. We’re at Darlington Provincial Park, and it is currently lightly drizzling. What has my day been like? For one thing, I think I was the last person to wake up this morning. I was having such a good, fun dream (something of which I hadn’t had in a while). I found out that I don’t have to brig everything to the campsite. It was a relief to hear that (I think). Most of the day was spent packing: camping gear and kayaking gear. It is not as easy as it seem. There are a lot of procedures to follow so they don’t fall out.

Calvin
We slept early and woke up early, that’s what I thought when Billy told us. It was odd to me because the students at Monticle were all ready but the students in the apartment were late by at least 15 minutes. I guess that I am use to waking up early and preparing everything. This became apparent when I saw the inside of my tent. The newer members at Monticle that I am sharing tents with do not really know what to do. Their clothing and packs were scattered inside, for the most part I was shocked. When I told Billy what had happened he reminded me that these are new students and have little to no experience with Monticle practices. I thought about what he said and I know now that I can’t expect that everyone knows what I know. I guess it can’t be helped since I am so use to working with the senior members of Monticle. I hope that I can actually teach both my new roommates something useful that they will remember. 

Ryan Sun

今天是激动人心的一天!这是我人生中第一次露营!早餐过后开始收拾去露营的东西,不仅是自己的东西,还有全部人需要的一些物品,大家一起有序的整理所有东西,包括船、帐篷、还有这六天的食物。

将船固定在火车上是个大工程,但在大家的努力下一切都有序且快速的进行。整个大包过程持续将近三个小时,之后我们坐了一个多钟头的车到了露营地点,这里是一个专门给人露营的公园,这也是国内不可能有的。支帐篷也很不容易,但让我长了很多见识。

在这里每天都在经历很多国内从未经历过的事,很好玩!

Grace                                                                                                                                                    

呃。。。。。。今天好杯具啊~~~

上午的时候我们在准备行李,中间发生了一件很有趣的事情,具体是虾米事呢,回家再说。哈哈哈!

期间,我们把各种船放上一个奇葩架子,然后绑紧以防掉下来。当然我能做的呢也就只有绑绳子。。。(无语ing

中午吃了一顿狠纠结的饭(我恨三明治!!!)

然后我们坐车走了。。。。。。来到一个公园,环境很好啊。。。。。我们把帐篷搭起来,各种纠结啊。。。。。。之后我们去洗澡。。。。。。一路上我们欣赏风景,很开心。。。。。。于是各种纠结啊,我看到很多美丽的黑色身影,飞来飞去。。。。。。随着动听的哗哗流水声翩翩起舞。。。。。。

之后我们吃了很“美味”的晚餐。。。。。。之后我洗了碗(所有人的!)
                                                                                                                                                                        []

Cedric                                                                                                                                                                            

再进行了10小时得充足睡眠过后,早上的搬运工作明显精力充沛,
整个团队在完成了早餐之后都参与其中,我们移动了一共6艘单人船和双人船为了供给以后的水上项目使用,并且带了足够用5天的食物日常用品进了卡车,原来是极个人的用量如此之多!忙碌的一上午很快过去,下午我们坐车至营地,也是工作了23小时才把一个3人用的帐篷搭建起来。在来的路上与billy聊天,结合早上的工作,我学到了一件重要的事:做事必须亲力亲为才能了解事情的本质。
                                                                                                                                                                     


6 comments:

  1. r there any photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edwin Cheung
    I understand that there are 3 Edwins in the Monticle programme. Pl enjoy the camp. I have been visiting your blog everyday to see you guys.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn. D:
    You know how I wanted to send you a postcard? I just realized I don't actually know your address. I even told myself I would write it out beforehand but I forgot. T______T

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are no photos for the next few days. It is because this location has no wifi. Thx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenn, it seems that you got good lessons today. It's never harm to double check eventhough it looks ridiculously unnecessary.And the skills, it is obviou--we do(practise)it or lose it.
    You all,Have a fun day on water!
    Looking forward to see your photos.

    ReplyDelete