Friday, July 13, 2012

Alpha Group / Me3 Foundation Day 13



Waking up at 8:00, everyone sleepily walked around the apartment getting dressed and ready for another day in Monticle camp! Today is the big day of our CPR, Heart and Stroke test determining our ability to receive a certificate, and this very test kept a few students awake, a few students with worried faces, because we don’t just want success and just to pass, we want perfection! We left the apartment at 8:00 and arrived the Monticle HQ by 8:45. We all settled down and our instructors: Kenny, Billy, Raymond, and Alastair (Today are the day off for our leadership students) then Billy gave us an inspirational speech about our behavior in leadership and our improvements upon it. Then we spent 3hours on our CPR Heart and Stroke training, and took our test that determined our life or death. We were shaking as Billy and Raymond came out with the results. We all passed! Everyone cheered and some found the real reasons of total perfection, we should believe in ourselves, trust your choices. It was 12:00 by then and we headed for lunch then watched :” The Amazing Spiderman” After the movie we headed to Crystal and Kendra’s place (two Monticle students) and had the Farwell and graduation BBQ party for the Hong Kong students. We had loads of fun, joy and laughter! Thanks for the wonderful memories! Goodbye fellow Hong Kong students! We’re all going to miss you! Well, I guess that for today! Checkout our blogs tomorrow for more adventure! Regards, Monticle.



Mike

Today had it’s up and downs.  I was very happy, because I was one of the three people who got perfect on the CPR test.  I also understood more on how to perform CPR well.  During the CPR test, I was very nervous and worried, because if I failed the test, I would be very embarrassed and I would probably be the only person that failed.  We also watched a movie today.  The movie was one I really wanted to watch in Hong Kong, that movie was The Amazing Spider-Man.  The movie was pretty good, and watching the movie here meant two things.  One, I could experience watching movies in Canada, and two, this meant that I had one less movie to watch when I go back to Hong Kong.  Watching movies in Canada is a really different experience from watching a movie in Hong Kong.  First of all, you cannot reserve seats, you have to choose when you get in the theatre.  Second, the size of the drinks and popcorn are huge compared to the sizes in Hong Kong.  Lastly, there were 10 theatres inside, unlike the four or five cinemas we have in Hong Kong.  Sadly, we didn’t show leadership this morning and we were late getting into the car, so our penalty was that our breakfast was changed to two juice boxes.  The other sad part of today is knowing that tomorrow is our last day at Monticle.  I sort of want to stay longer, but I wouldn’t know what to do, apart from visiting the Canadian Forces base in Ontario, that would have been cool, very cool.  Happily, our day ended well, as we went to Crystal’s and Kendra’s house for a BBQ as a farewell dinner to the students from Hong Kong.  We also played some Wii and had cake at their house.


Jonathan

Today, we reviewed CPR and did some basic training.  Some people did their exam.  I did not write the exam because I already did my exam in St John.  Later, we went to the food court at first Markham Place to have lunch.  The food was delicious.  Then we watched a movie “The Amazing Spider man”  inside Cineplex odeon.  I purchased a small coke there to drink.  After that, we drove over to Crystal’s and Kendra’s house to have dinner.  The food tasted good.  We had a blast there.  Tomorrow, we are preparing to go to Montreal.


Alexandra

Today is day 13.  Today we had a punishment for breakfast because the girls wasn’t helping the other room instead of ours and the boys woke up really late, we weren’t showing leadership, esponsibility etc.  Next time I will try to fix my mistake and help the boys.  So for breakfast we and 2 juice box.  I only drank half of one.  After breakfast, we had a 2 ½ hours.  It was really good so we wouldn’t have failed.  We did the CPR test and it was pretty easy.  I was so surprised because I got perfect!!!  And Mike and Howard.  Good job guys.  Everyone past though.  We also went to watch SPIDER MAN!!!  It was a good movie.  My favourite part was when the guy was listening to classical music and at the back was spider man fighting with a lizard.  The man didn’t notice anything.  It was funny.  After the movie, we went to Kendra’s/Crystal’s house for a BBQ.  I loved the cake.  I had many experience with the wii.  It is really fun.  I want one of them now.  Tomorrow is a sad day for us (Canadian’s), the Hong Kong people are leaving.  I had such good time with them, but we are graduating!!!  I’m so sad and happy at the same time.


Kendra

Today was a simple and quiet day and also day 13 of camp.  In the morning, we got a penalty so we only had 2 juice boxes for breakfast.  It was NICE!!  After our breakfast, we reviewed our previous CPR training and also learnt CPR/choking on infant/baby.  We did that for 3 whole hours (about).  At first, I thought the test was going hard, but like always, it was easy.  After the test, everyone got there results back AND…. (drumroll)…  EVERYONE PASSED!!  Yeah!!  So we got to watch a movie.  We ate at First Markham Place again!!  OH WELL!  Next, we walked to the movie theatre in the plaza.  We watched the AMAZING SPIDER MAN.  I bought a lot of food!! HAHA J!!  The movie was great, except the ending wasn’t that good.  Then, guess what???  We went to my house for the Hong Kong graduation dinner.  I can’t believe their leaving!! L  We had a nice bbq and played Wii and other games.  That was the end of my day.


Yereem

Judging that this is our second last day, we had a pretty compact schedule. We had a brief recap of our CPR skills, and then had a test. During the process, I realized how vulnerable human life is, and how the skill of being able to save lives for a leader is. In a real case, you don’t have a second chance and the whole thing depends on your skills. If the person you trying to save is very important to you, like your family, friend or teammate, that explains how important learning CPR is. This leads me to think about who are important to me in other ways, for example, my friend Tiffany Ng. We are related through friendship and experiences, this I consider her as my sister – soul sister. There was also another event that was very important to me – our so-called “Graduation Dinner” for the Hong Kong students at Crystal’s house. Although, I have known it all along, I realized how strong our bond is today. I mean, to think that today was our second last day, and after tomorrow, we would most likely never meet again – that made me really sad. After all we’ve been through together, I think tomorrow will be a sad good-bye to my teammates.


 
Tiffany Ng 

I woke up by a tap on the shoulder slowly opening my eyes revealing the bright light. It was my 2nd last day today in my Monticle adventure, I’m going to do my very best. Everyone arrived at the HQ noticing the disappointed faces of our instructor, as we cheerfully stepped in. They gave a lecture about our behavior being a future leader, about how we weren’t showing enough equality, respect, and help within our community. We received the penalty or drinking two juice boxes as our breakfast and 20 pushups in the morning. During our special breakfast, there was silence within each other as we were all deeply reflecting in ourselves. After one breakfast time of evaluation, we started to work on our CPR test! This test put worried looks on our faces for the past few days. After one morning of training, we all took that test determining our life or death, when the test results came; everyone was relieved, we all passed without doubt. In this test I realized a few things, you should believe in your own decisions for I have made two big mistakes, and that was to change my correct answers into incorrect ones and that made me reflect deeply in myself and save that advice into my head for my future reference of being a future leader. After a morning of lectures, tests, and learning. We had lunch and watched a movie “ The Amazing Spider-Man”. It was fairly good movie despite my fact that I went to the toilet 4 times in the movie, I liked it. After that we all visited Crystal and Kendra’s house for a BBQ party. It was a wonderful night! We had fun enjoyment within our instructors and friends and was ready to say farewell to our Canadian friends for us Hong Kong students are leaving after our graduation tomorrow. I’ll miss you so very dearly my friends! Regards, Tiffany Ng


Quince

Today is the best Monticle day ever. We have our CPR test and we all pasted. So we went to the cinema and watch…………………… spider man!!! The film is almost like spider man 1, but different enemies people, and place. Maybe we are going to watch batman. I can’t wait to see it. It is awesome. What is awesome? The dinner is awesome. We went to barbeque in a girl name Crystal in her house. We also get to play on their Wii.  Isn’t it awesome? Yes it is. We have mango cake for dessert.  This is the end.  See M tomorrow.
PS. The HK people is leaving tomorrow.       But we have things to talk togather like Fb (Facebook, and skype.


Crystal

Today we had the best breakfast eer! 2 juice boxes =__________=. We got juice boxes as a punishment for not showing team work in cleaning the apartment. After breakfast, we had 2.5 hours of CPR class which was preparation for our CPR test. Everyone was nervous. We were all scared that we wouldn’t pass the test. Luckily, everyone passed. As a reward, we got to watch THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN in theatres today. After the movie, we went to my house for dinner. We had a delicious BBQ dinner. We stayed for about 4 hours. I had a lt of fun today.
P.S. The Hong Kong students are leaving soon. I will miss them. But I will talk to them on FB, so nvm. (but still) :(


Geoffrey

Today was the last day I’m going to write my blog, because the Hong Kong students have to leave tomorrow.  After breakfast, Billy taught using a good technique to be a good leader, we had to be responsible.  What?  Why?  When did I’m not responsible?  I asked myself, then Billy told us that we didn’t clean the floor properly.  Si the penalty was no breakfast!  I’m sad!  Later on, we were reviewing the CPR, because we were going to have a CPR test.  My heart was pumping very fast, what if I fail?  Then my parents will scold me because I don’t pay attention to class!  Even though Billy said the test was not hard, but I’m still scared!  Eventually, I passed!  I just got one question wrong!  So Billy gave us a treat, he gave us watched Spiderman.  After lunch, we went to the movie theater.  I almost felt asleep in the theater, it was super boring.  It was just about love and a guy tries to find his dad. At last we went to Crystal and Kendra’s house to BBQ. I liked the chicken, beef, and the fish balls.  I hope I can have a good ending at Monticle tomorrow!    


Jason

In the morning we didn’t clean the apartment well so the punishment was drinking 2 juice boxes without eating anything. Then we did learn about child and infant CPR. After that we did the CPR written test except for me because I already had my license. Howard, Mike and Alexendra got 100% on the test but everyone did pass. We went to first Markham place for lunch then we watched The Amazing Spiderman at the Cineplex theater. The movie was terrible because of the plot and I liked the original Spiderman movies better.We went to Crystal’s home for a barbeque. The food was good and we had fun playing Wii sports on Crystal’s Nintendo Wii.


James

Six days until I leave this camp with knowledge and strength.  WE did our CPR test today and the lessons before the test was extremely boring but also extremely useful. The test was tricky since there could be since there could be different possibilities but al of us passed. As the reward, billy took w to see the new spider man movie. After 2 hours, the movie ended but I thought about the ways I could we spider man’s power. I’m a little sad about the Hong Kong student leaving the camp, mainly because there is only 7 of us here but new Hong student is coming.

 
Christina

This morning I was really nervous because of the CPR’s test! If we got six or more wrong we fail. Five and less wrong will pass. For this test 3 people got perfect, my sister, (Alexandra) Howard, and Mike. I don’t know how much did I get wrong, but I did pass. Everyone who passed gets a certificate witch everyone will get. Then we went to watch ”The amazing Spiderman”!! It was really really good. I got a small popcorn water and skittles. I thought the theatre was very hot but it was cool. I was sort of cold. I wish we could watch another movie.



Marco

This is the best Monticle day ever. I was also very nervous. Do you know why I was nervous? It’s because we had our CPR test, but happily we all passed the test. Only 3 people got perfect on the test. The 3 people are Mike, Alexandra, and howard. Well congratulations to them. I was a bit disappointed of my test, because I only got one wrong. But as I said we all passed the CPR test, so Billy let us watch The Amazing Spider-man. So mom, you don’t need to but the movie tickets for the Amazing Spiderman. The movie is very good, but I thought that the first spider-man is a bit better. I like it when they show the first person view of spider-men and when the old man is in the library listen to classical music and can’t listen to spider-man and the lizard fighting in the library, All I think is best then the first spider-man is just the suit of spider-man. After that, we went to Kendra’s and Crystal’s house. Their house is very big, but if it only had the first flow. It would be a bit small. I still liked the house. Can you guess how many floors and square feet it has? It has 3 floors and about 2000 something square feet. So it’s actually very big for 4 people in the house. Our dinner is BBQ. WE had beef, sausage, pork chop, apple juice, iced tea and salad, Calvin and Raymond (mostly Raymond) barabequed the food. It was very yummy. We also played some Wii. Our game was Wii sports. I did not really played that much, but it’s also very fun. Then our dessert was mango cake. The mango cake was made by Crystal’s and Kendra’s parents. Today was also the day that someone told me that their parents own a restaurant. One day, I hope I can try their parent’s restaurant. I think it would be very yummy because the cake was very yummy.


Howard

Today, July 12,2012, was like any day. I would like to be dramatic as I lie down on this cold floor, scrambling my brain to think of a way to write this blog, and tell you about today. I would like to tell you that today was a day filled with awesomeness. A day filled with tears, courage friendship, knowledge, sincerity, hope and fun. And I can… but really, from a global perspective, today was a normal day. In the morning, after our average morning ritual, we started reviewing our CPR training from camp. I preformed poorly to my own dismay. Afterall, I already have my (emergency) CPR license so I should already be doing it well, even perfectly. Some mistakes I made were taking too long to put on my gloves, or doing my recovery pose wrong. What was I doing?! Am I an idiot?! I just learned this stuff a few months ago. I should still remember it. Do I actually have super short-term memory? But I’m not James! I still remember what happened 4 years ago! So why? I don’t understand this. Thinking about this hurts… Since my brain hurts now I’ll stop. After that we took our CPR Exam. I was nervous as I took my exam. I’m, usually bad at these kind of exams. Especially since the exam was presented verbally. After maybe 20 mins of painstakingly dragging myself through the exam, I started to get nervous. As I thought of it then, I knew all the answers but did I write it down correctly. The answer to the first question was A right? I wrote down A right? What if I wrote B? C? Maybe I wrote down D? Was it correct? As it wrong? WHAT WAS I DOING? DID I MISS THE QUESTION?> AM I SURE I FILLED IN ALL THE QUESTIONS? I HAT MYSELF! I TOUGHT TO MYSELf  that I was  an idiot. I was sure that I already failed. I should already prepare for my failure. It seemed completely certain that failure lied before me. I took the fiv e minutes of waiting for the results in uncertainty. Then Billy stood up holding the testy papers. I started to pray. Not to god or anything but to nothing. There was nothing to accept my prayers yet I still prayed. As my prayers ended, Billly called me and twop others to stand up. These two wer Mike and Alexandra. Were we the ones that failed? I gulped. My hand shook. My fate… our fate was… that we got perfect. What? I felt like fainting at the news. Was this a dream/ A miracle? A phatasmagoria? But it wasn’t. It was reality. I passed. And so my blog ends. Good night!
P.S. We also watched the Amazing Spide4rman and went ot xrystal’s house.
P.P.S. Also, Farewell hong Kong students.


















































1 comment: