Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Alpha Group / Me3 Foundation Day 10


We started the day today with a shopping trip, because we were almost out of food. The students prepared a shopping trip, food plan, and budget for the next three days, and headed to Costco to put their plan into action. Surprisingly, they were far under the budget, saving almost half of their allotted $300, and buying enough food to last more than the three days. Their teamwork and leadership were tested as they split into groups, and efficiently found all their grocery items. The teamwork demonstrated during this activity was surprised us all, and all the instructors were amazed at the leadership and communication between these students. After that, we headed to Niagara Falls, and we all enjoyed the view of the falls, however, since they saved so much money during their shopping trip, Billy decided to treat them to the boat ride, called The Maiden in the Mist, a popular tour that takes its passengers very near the Horseshoe Falls. The students then decided to go to dinner at a small restaurant, and then split into three teams for some free time at the amusement park, and many of us spent enjoyed the events, laser tag, souvenir shops, and touring the falls. We arrived back late last night, too late to upload a blog, so we saved it for the next morning. I cannot guarantee that this will not happen again, only ensure that if we are late, it will be uploaded as soon as possible.

Christina

Today we ran out of food to eat!
This morning we ate bread and butter and condenced milk. Then we went to Costco to buy stuff we will eat the next few days. After that, we went to Niagra Falls! We first were looking at the fallsview. People from Hong Kong enjoyed it! Then we started to walk to the Haunted Houses, the arcades, mazes, cafes, food places and other souvenier stores. We mostly went to the souvenier stores to buy cool stuff. At the end of the day, we went to a bus stop to wait for Billy and Kenny. But it turned out that they can’t come so we walked some place out and got picked up. Today we slept very late. At about 1:15 am! Tommorrow we are waking up at 8:00 am. I wonder what we are going to do tomorrow?

Marco

We went to the Niagra falls today! It was my first time to see a waterfall. There was also a very beautiful rainbow. I never saw a rainbow that colorful before. Then we went to eat hamburgers. At last we went to the amusment park to buy soverners and play a few games. But I did not buy any thing for my family, because I don’t think the things in the amusment park is right for my family. Today was also a very tirering day. We will sleep so late, because we went to the amusment park for about at 7:30. But it was still very fun today.

Howard

Today was the tenth day of the Monticle Me3 Training camp. For today we spent the day at fist at Costco, where we learned our first budgeting lesson. Than we drove to Niagara ad visited the falls. There we saw the falls, which were beautiful. In the center was a wonderful rainbow. Right now, I’m crazy tired since it’s past 12 already s I’ll keep his short…
P.S. Good night! XD

Mike

Today, we did 2 things.  First we went to Costco to buy food then we went to the Niagara Falls.  At the falls, we took a boat ride to have a close-up view of the falls.  After that, we had dinner then we toured around.  All I did was play 2 matches of air hockey and eat ice cream.

Alexandra

Today is day 10.  For breakfast, we had bread with condence milk.  Then we went shopping at Costco.  We still had $90 dollars left.  Then we went to niagra falls.  It was fun.  Bought a lot of stuff i.e candy.  We also went on a boat ride “made of the mist”.  It was OK.  Our dinner was not that good.  Tomorrow were going to mercedes-menz.

Kendra

Today was the tenth day of camp.  We learned about our shopping skills today and budget controls.  Each team made a menu and then we combined all the teams idea’s and made a whole new menu.  We then went to Costco and had a budget of $300 for 3 days of food.  We had lunch at Costco; fries and hotdogs.  At the end of shopping we ended up having $90 left!!  Next, we went 2 Niagara Falls.  There. We went on the Maid of the Mist Ride.  We didn’t really get wet though.  I saw bird poop in the water!! Yew!! L  We went to Cliffton Hill next.  It’s just a street full of shops and fun things.  I bought some things, but I didn’t got to go on a ride.  Boo!! L  It was also fun though.  We left at approx. 10:20 and arrived back at HQ at 12:00.  Such a long ride!!  But I can’t wait till tomorrow, we’re going 2 view Mercedes-Benz Cars???  I’m not sure but it’s 1:00 now and I’m really tired.
P.S: Breakfast- bread w/ condensed milk  Dinner-Pizza, fries and drink.

Tiffany Ng

Days of experience passed, and I lived everyday to the fully most. Yet, today was different, today was Unique. We woke up and headed to the HQ carrying hopes of today’s adventures and found ourselves eating, and buying food at Coscos. Then we took an 2 HR car ride to Niagara Falls, one of the greatest natural wonders. As I stepped our of the van I saw the power and passion of water gushing down the rocks, creating one of the most wonderful, beautiful waterfall I have ever seen. With the commitment and curiosity overflowing my mind my team suggested to go on the boat ride into the falls, having the actual waterfall roar before our eyes. What a waterfall! I thought as I stepped out of the boat, heading to the fast food shop we decided to dine in. Then we were given time to enjoy the rides, the shops, the entertainment there. My new group, Calvin as leadership, Howard, Crystal, Marco, Mike, Yereem, and me had the most awesome, special time, loads of laughter, joy and hyperness! Today was wonderful.

Crystal

Today is the 10th day of camp. We mainly went to 2 places. Costco and Niagara Falls. After breakfast, we (as a whole entire team) had to decide on our shopping list. We had a budget of $300 to buy all our food for the next 3 days. We finished in time, and even had $90 to spare.  Then we went to Niagara Falls. It took us about 2 hours.  We also went on the MAID OF THE MIST boat ride. Later in the evening, we had 2 hours of fun and entertainment in downtown Niagara Falls.

James

Today is a sad day for me because I used up all my extra money and I learned a lesson of spending my money wisely.

Jason

We had a nice breakfast this morning. We had a budget for the next 4 days worth of neals. Each team had some ideas then we decided which to buy. For lunch we went to Costco because we were getting the meals there. We headed back to HQ then headed to Niagara Falls. We walked around then later we can go around to buy things. The only thing I bought was a braclet for a special someone.

Yereem

“ Oh man!” I said in a frustrated tone as my weak plastic bag tore under the weight of my souvenirs. Embarassed, I knelt down in the middle of the street and started to throw them back into the bag. More than a 100 dollars worth of them…. I had to check them later on the benches. Thankfully, they survived the fall. The streets beside the Niagara Falls were so much fun…. filled with souvernirs, game arenas and mini museums. It reminded me of Las Vegas and Los Angeles. I just couldn’t stop buying once I started, I went crazy. I even bought plastic bead necklaces from a golden man. It was awesome and random. Best day so far.

Quince

Today, I giggled when we go back along because of Jeffery. Not about 11 years older. Enough said today was so tired we played lazer tag in a road! It was very fun and very cheap. 94 HK for 20 mins. It is really 10 minites. But someone has a party. So the person we saw  gave us 10 minites more, How Nice? Very nice. The road is in naraga fall. We ate dinner first then go and play. My dinner is cheese pizza wit a cup of sprite. My breakfast is bread with condensed milk. My lunch is hotdog with a large cup of nestea. Free refill. We going to the treetop maybe tomorrow. I bet it is fun.

Geoffrey

Today, when we finished breakfast (sweet milk and butter bread), Billy told us that we ran out of food supply, so we had to buy food form Coscos! I also liked the lunch from there(hot dogs). When we finished buying food from Costco, we packed our stuff from HQ, and went to Niagara Falls! When we arrived, I could hear the sound of water, and when I looked, the water was falling down like silver stripes, and it was very amazing and beautiful. After dinner, we went to buy soveniers, played laser tag, and played mini golf. After all the fun, we went back to the HQ.

Jonathan

Today we realized that we didn’t have food in the fridge. So we were split up into teams and had to make a menu. Then we went to Costco for lunch first and then went grocery shopping. Running around the warehouse just to buy groceries was tireding. Then we went to Niagara falls and I brought three things from a giftshop. Then we ate at a food court and the food didn’t taste good. Then we played laser tag and mini putt. We came home very late and slept.




















































No comments:

Post a Comment