Saturday, July 28, 2012

Bravo group Day 8

‘ello everyone. I have returned to my self-proclaimed post (It’s Jennifer here, writing the general blog again~).

This morning we had some military-style PT from one of Billy’s colleague’s, Phillip. We had an entire soccer field at our disposal. Some of the exercises included a leopard crawl (or better known as a traditional army crawl), some good old fashioned push-ups, burpees, a “duck walk” that looked something like walking while squatting down (except for the fact that we didn’t really achieve that ideal image because of some cheating between our two teams), and of course, the Jerry cans.

After we returned to HQ, we commenced a cleanup. It was a full cleanup of all of our water equipment, including the boat, the life jackets, paddles, helmets, and ropes, as well as a cleanup of HQ—sweeping and mopping up the floors. The cleaning took up most of the day. As it was Quince’s last day, we had a barbeque to commemorate him. It was a delicious meal, and we will miss him dearly, our youngest leadership.

We head to Montreal tomorrow!

Jonathan

Today, we had military-style PTs at the soccer field in the morning with a guy named Philip. We did stretches before and after the workouts. For our workouts, we crawled on our knees, carried the Jerry cans and did squats, ducked walk to the middle of the field and sprinters. It was very tiring After the PTs, we did a big cleanup of Hq. We cleaned the classroom, training hall, kayaks, the safety boat, paddles and life jackets. T was also very tiring. By the way, tomorrow is our trip back to Montreal. I’m expecting to revisit the science centre, maybe), or maybe eat at a restaurant. This is the 2nd time back to Montreal. Montreal is very, very, very fun and also, sometimes boring. It is a very long drive from HQ to Montreal.

Henry

Today was a nice day. In the morning, we had a very crazy Pt, I had vomitted after drinking a lot of water right after the morning PT. Then we got back to HQ and we cleaned up the HQ and washed the two cars. We also watched one film, it was very touching. We will have a BBQ for dinner. It will very yummy. We also will go to Montreal me and Enwin Lo will go to our grandmother-in-law. We have alot of things to give our grandmother-inn-law. I felt very happy.

Alan

Today is a very good day. today when I woke up I ate breakfast. I ate crakers and drank soy milk. after breakfast we went to the soccer feild and did pt with a new instroctor called philip. He made us do alot of exersizes. after doing the exersizes we went back to the H.q and cleaned the things we used in the camp like the life jaket and the helmet. after that we watched movie call floting city. We are going to watch another movie after Dinner.

Edwin Cheung

Today is July, 28th, 201112. This is our second day worked and clear up our kayaka, kayaking gears, cooking gear and many more monticle equipments.

Today is the second last day for Quince Lee He will be leaving tomrrow. Most of my day was spending time clearing kayak, sprinters ready for the Montreal trip for Next 3 day. I wish Quince has a good ride back home to Hong Kong.

Tonight, we watch a movie about “flow city” Movie is about making decisition for your life.” How to get to the top from the bottum.

Jason Wang

Hello people, today is Saturday July 28, 2012 also known as Quince’s last day here in Canada. Right now Quince is writing his final blog as we wait here to eat his final meal here in Monticle (rather in front of) HQ. We will miss him (but at least we get a lot of BBQ food as he’s leaving) Well then, today we woke up 7:00 am or so then we cleaned up most of the HQ and ad a small or light morning breakfast. After that we had a military style PT (Physical training) with Phil (a combat engineer and a new instructor for Monticle) The physical training was really fun as it consisted of Army crawls, Jerry can runs, Duck walks (squat walks), pushups, burpees, squats, sprinting, dead bug hold and the plank. When we came back we cleaned up the Head quarters and the equipment such as the life jackets, paddles, kayaks, Sprinters out. We also watched a movie. Now we are having dinner outside in front of the Monticle HQ. Tomorrow we will be heading off and going back to Montreal. That will be fun.

Jacky

Greetings friends, family, strangers, fellow inmates and hostile perssonals. I am writing a blog and I have to complete this blog with two hundred words. I must write unessecary to eat my dinner tonight and finish my blog easier. Today we started out waking up around 8 am. We leaned Head quarters and started with a morning P.T with a fellow instructor phillip. We ran some relays and I loved to do my duck walk. I did my best and tested my P.T at it’s finest. I believe I did better then edwin, but I won’t tell which one. we then did a major cleanup, but I went with billy to purchase items. I now know the feeling of purchasing ten thousand dollars worth of equipment it was terrifying. I believe a part of me just broke. Billy and I then went to purchase food at costco and a student’s parent’s resturant. We took about 3 hours to complete our task. When we returned Head Quarters I helped to finalized our clean up. After we finished we watched a movie, very capturing. After the movie we will be eating dinner and having fun. I hope this blog will be over 200 words but I won’t be sure.

Calvin

Quince will leave tomorrow. I feel as though I am losing a brother due to the fact that he treats me like a big brother. I hope that he learned something from me. I also had to wash everyones clothing after the camping trip. It was the smelliest and pain staking time I have ever been in. I had started at 7:30 and finished at 6:00 in the morning. Alastair would have doe t, but sine he does all the blogs I took over for him. The rest of the day was better as it was cleaning but less smelly. I also cooked alot today, for breakfast and right now for dinner. As this is Quinces last dinner with me I hope it will be a good one.

Edwin Lo

Yesterday, I was sleep at HQ. I woke up at half past seven. Then, I clean up the HQ. After that, I ate my bearkfast. Then, Billy’s friend go to soccor field with us. At there we have a crazy p.t. like crowing, push up, jerry can run But I don’t thing it was carzy. After, I clean all the things form the cap. I was very tired. After the lunch I clean up the sprinter. Then, I watch a movie. The dinner is have many many things.

Peggy

Day 8: The military PT was not as dreadful as I thought~ but it is still terrible. That’s my opinion anyway. ha. In fact anything involving running and push-ups are terrible. Yesterday night was laundry night. The laundry were officially done at like 6 in the morning so it basically took forever. Poor Calvin... So, back to the PT. We ran. We leopard (?) crawled. We did push-ups. We carried the Gerry Cans and ran. We duck walked/rabbit hopped. We squatted and burped. And we ran some more. Fun..... it was interesting. After PT we went back to HQ and started the cleaning process.  The boat, kayaks, helmets ad lifejackets. Washing them all are hard work. To wah them thoroughly takes hours of good teamwork. Extremely tiring considering the morning’s exercise. We watched a touching movie based on true events called Float City starring Aaron Kwok. I think it was good. Side note: too much meat x__x And I don’t like Dr. Pepper. Oh yeah ... I think I lost my clothes..... o__o”

Quince

Ha. The last blog. Such an out rage. Well, sinse it is the last day, of course we have to have Physical Training. We lose by one person. I lose to Edwin Lo every single Physical Training activities. We did the army crawl, the duck walks, the birpies, push ups, running, run with a jerry can (big), and three hole laps of a football/soccer field. After that, we went back to Monticle Head quarters and cclan all the equitments for example, all the kayaks, helmets, life jakets, the motor boat, a movie. Sounds fun. Te lunch what I forget to mention it is instant noodles with launcheon meat. Sound healthy, right? the day. After that I cried because I miss Monticle and miss you guys. So We ate a babeque. We have alot of fun. My last word to Monticle is! Sigh, I hope I get student of the year.

Edwin Chan

Today is the eighth day nd we had an intense morning. We did a military pt. We did the military Crawl, the Jerry Can run, duck run, and full sprint on a soccer field. The military crawl got my knees dirty and my arm itch. I forgot to say that I have 22 mosquito bite from camping. back to today when we finished our pt we started cleaning the kayak, the boat, and the life jacket and helmets. When we were finished with the cleaning we got lunch and it was instant noodles and ham. After all that when I walked outside I fell on the pavement and injured my knee =D. I sat on the floor for a while, while every one are still cleaning. I also learned how to hang the life jacket and helmet. Today is a interesting day.

Jennifer

I cannot move my knees. During our military PT this morning (courtesy of Phillip, Billy’s colleague), I managed to reopen all of my previous cuts. I blame the leopard/army crawl for cutting my arms and legs up. The scabs kept reopening throughout the day when we were cleaning, and I believe that dirt and pieces of tissues have been integrated into my skin. We are now symbiotic. I’m just hoping it won’t get infected.

Injuries aside, I think I really need to work on my fitness level. I’m man enough to say that I cheated wholesomely at the duck walk this morning. Butt down? More like gorilla walk. Other than that, the rest of the day was cleaning out HQ and our equipment. It’s Quince’s last day; I believe that I will really miss him. I’ve learned a lot from him, and I hope he will remember me.

My stomach is rumbling, and it really hurts. I hope it’s not because of the celebratory BBQ we held for Quince. Well then, tomorrow is Montreal. Adios!

Ryan Sun

今天是富有意义的一天,来了个长得比我还年轻的导师,这哥们带领我们进行了一个小时的体育锻炼,把我们累得生不如死、痛不欲生、欲仙欲死、半死不活的,很久没有这样锻炼过了。自从来了以后,我已经不怕脏也不怕水了,也许这也是一种境界。

回来之后马上就对所有的物品进行了大清洁,我有幸被派去洗救生船,我整整用了一个小时来洗甲板,但洗完之后还是很有成就感的。

直到下午四点我们明年才结束了清洁,善良的Candy帮我们买了点心,之后大家一起看电影。由劳动就有收获、就有回报、就有烧烤。

Grace

早上,我睁开眼睛,。。。。好困阿。。。。!!!  。。然后,是PT,好累啊!!!!
之后,我们去HQ,然后,我们开始清洗船等东西。。。
洗得好累啊!!!又好困阿!!!
之后,我们看电影。。。很好看 ,,,,
之后,没了。。。。。

Cedric
回到正常生活的第一日,在洗完5日的臭衣服后离开阿apartmentHQ吃早餐。就像昨天被告知的,我们开车到上次足球赛的地方,这次做PT的是一位新导师philiph,真的是在加拿大最累的一次!但大家都这样轻松的完成,我意识到我的体能需要加强,因为这对我以后的一生很重要,我想起我老爸对我说的:keep住一个好的身体不仅是对自己负责,更加是对朋友,家人的负责。下午清洁了所有东西,看别人做其实在简单不过,但如果身体力行的话会发现有许多小细节的带我们发现。就如上午billy跟我和智超聊天;表面其实光鲜亮丽,但背后事实的真相永远是少数人掌握。








































































3 comments:

  1. bye quince, I'll miss u too and fun pt and bbq

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cedric, it is your uncle Petrus here !!! I had lunch with your parent yesterday (2012.07.28 - LT) and was told that you are writing blog for your camp life everyday. I have just gone through your blogs since your first day in Canada (your camp) which it sounds that you are really enjoying and learning a lot. Keep your good works as you will definitely find that all you learn and the experience you get are the keys to your future success. I would like to suggest you to start writing your blog in English (bit by bit with a mix of Chinese and English - but don't force yourself) as it seems that it is important for your to begin breaking-through yourself step-by-step. Cedric, take care and enjoy your trip in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jenn, feel sorry for your poor knees(legs and arms?). Do you walk like a zombie now? Michelle brought some delicious lobster chips and a gift for you. I will try to bring the chips to you, or dad and I have to finish them before the food is expired.:P!
    BTW, maybe you have known that the Philley lost 400m individual medley at 4th place, but still has good chances at butterfly and others.

    ReplyDelete