Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Alpha Group / Me3 Foundation Day 4

Another long day today, I’m starting to think that every day is going to feel longer than the last… Anyways, the students woke up at 6:00 today, to get ready for the camp. We say many tired faces, bed hair, and a few students still sleeping, but we all managed to get everything packed in time. We loaded up 6 kayaks onto the new Sprinter (called Bravo) and the Zodiac boat on the other (Alpha). After a long drive (not that any of us noticed, we were asleep), we arrived at the campsite. The scenery was beautiful, and my apologies for not uploading a picture of it, we’re on a tight schedule. So when we got there, our first task was to unload all of our gear. Unloading the food was especially interesting, as we organized into one of Billy’s “trains”, much like a conveyer belt. Billy organized all of the students into 3 cabins, the fourth being the food storage cabin, instructor meeting area, and medical station. After a few games of volleyball (which we could all agree we needed practise in), we prepared for dinner, and one of Billy’s many kinds of mashed potatoes. Mushroom soup, bacon, and hot dogs make an interesting combination…. Finally, we prepared for an evening lecture, in which we learned about ourselves, and learned some life lessons. The details of the lessons however, are better described by the students, as each experience was different, and unique to the individual. Anyways, some final comments, you will notice that we have not uploaded many pictures; we will have the rest soon. Good night, and stay tuned, we’ll continue uploading tomorrow.


 Alexandra

Today is day 4, we went to Mcdonalds. It was really good. Then we went camping. I got stung by a wasp. It hurts a lot. Theirs a lot of bugs. Our cottage is ok although tomorrow were going kayaking. We are also going man overboard.

Jonathan Woo                                               

Hello mom, I miss you a lot. During our first day in Port Severen, we stayed in a cabin. We learned about the rules, eat some mashed potatoes a vegetables and played games.
p.s. I might see you when we come back next Monday. Have fun back home!

Jason

I had a rough start to the day because I forgot to pack up for comping trip so I had to get pack my stuff at home. I went to HQ and see that Daniel is driving me to port Severn. For lunch I had burgerking and then we went to port severn. We were first there. For dinner we had mashed potatoes with vegetables and hotdogs. The last thing was commenting game.

Geoffrey

Today was an exciting day today because were camping. When I woke up, I was helping Billy and other instructors to put the kayaks in the truck. After breakfast, we got a 45 minutes medical military lesson, I learned how to do different bandage for a injured arm! When we finished lunch at Mcdonalds, we went to Port Sedernz to camp! I had a cool day today!

Marco

Today was my first time to play volleyball! It was very fun, but I suck at it.

Mike

Today was our first day in camp. The journey was fine, but the best thing that happened was that I finally tried Canadian Mcdonald’s! Sadly it was sort of the same as Mcdonald’s in HK. We also did a hard game. Exercise the game was that we had to go through the hole in between the arms of a chair. The task was hard, but it was even harder because there were multiple chairs in a straight line.

Crystal

Today was the 5th day of camp. After we finished getting ready in the morning, Daniel (Billy’s friend) taught us about first-aid. He taught us how to tie bandages and make slings. Then we loaded all our packed backpacks onto the printers, and left for camp. We stopped at Mcdonalds for lunch after 45 min. of driving. When we finally arrived at the “campsite” we had some teamwork excercises with Raymond. For dinner, we had hotdogs and mashed potatoes. After inner, we had an hour of opinion sharing time. I’m so excited for tomorrow.

Howard Huans

Today was a very eventful day. We had a few of new students and instructors. As well we went to Muskey’s landing. The day was filled with learning, activities, and experience. Today I learned a wonderful lesson that I will remember… I encountered many Golden words, different perspectives and ways to improve.

Kendra

Today was the 4th day. We went to the campsite today. It’s called Muskey’s Landing. We had to wake up at 6:00, but it’s ok. We only had Oreo’s for breakfast and Vitasoy. We drove…. And then we had lunch. For lunch we had Mcdonald’s. Yummmmy!! After, an hour we arrived at the campsite. There is a lake, grassland, basketball nets and a small volleyball court. It’s not really a campsite, it’s more of a resort. Today we just played games. We played circle chair and a chain of chairs. The chain of chairs is so painful, but a fun experience. Then we played some more. We had mashed potato’s and hotdogs for dinner. Today was a really fun day, and a fun experience!!

Tiffany

Impossible AKA I’m possible; never give up! I had an awesome and exciting day of tag, volleyball, music and inspirational. The things we did taught me a lesson: one step of hard work and seat equals to one step towards success, and over the years or time those steps turns into a trail going closer and closer to success, but if you give up all your time and effort are wasted just like two business men digging for gold, one man races towards the gold and almost reaches towards the mine just one more meter until he gets rich, pride, joy, but he gave up and miserably failed because he didn’t believe in himself, but yet the other business man didn’t give up. Just like the rabbit and the turtle. Pain is temporary, it could last for a while but giving up, it’s a form of regret failure which is permanent which haunts your lives forever. I experience a lot today, drawing through chairs and having the thoughts of giving up but remembered Billy’s lesson and Keddis inspirational speech! Thank you! I’ll remember that for life!

Joyce

 Today was my first day at camp, and to be completely honest, I want to go home. Today we didn’t do much other than heat and play games.  Camp isn’t turning out exactly as I imagined. I’m told it gets better but I’m skeptical. Hopefully tomorrow & the rest of summer will be better. Our bedtime is 10:30 pm, it seems ridiculous but we’re all very tired text you later bro, please remember to feed my fish.

Yereem

20 plastic chairs neatly lined up in a row. That might seem decent to most people, but to me it was torture. We were supposed to crawl through the tight hole between the armrest and the seat- something I have never thought of. MY arms got scratched by the chairs sharp edges while I was forcing myself through. I wanted to give up, but I didn’t. Don’t give up. DON’T GIVE UP. That was the only thing on my mind. Whenever I thought I couldn’t go on, I stopped for a while, but I didn’t give up. Because if you stop, you can resume, but if you give up, you have to start ALL OVER AGAIN.

Quice

Today we have finally sae Canada rain a little bit. Canada’s weather is awfully good and it is way more better than HK. We are going to kayak tomorrow. We have a game to challenge, it is called “chains of the chairs”, it is very hard. It will be fun tomorrow.

James

Today was fun. I also found out that my blood is bright so I’m healthy J

Christina

Today was the camp day. At MUSKEY’S landing. I do like it hear. Alot. In my cabin we have crystal, Alexandra, Kendra and me in my room, and Daniel and Calvin in the other room Deniel is a mother educated medical person. Tomorrow we will go into the lake and do “man over board”. (Is jumping over the boat.)









No comments:

Post a Comment