Friday, July 13, 2012

Alpha Group / Me3 Foundation Day 14 (Final Day)


Today we woke up at 7:30, headed to HQ at 8:00, after our traditional clean up and inspection. After getting to HQ, we cleaned up the place for the long awaited event, the graduation of the students that came from Hong Kong. We cleaned up, set up for a quick breakfast, and then cleaned up some more! We needed an immaculate classroom, because Lieutenant-Colonel Hirji (our executive director) was coming to the HQ to present to the students their certificates. After all that work, we were hungry, and since it was the last day for the Hong Kong students, Billy decided to take us all out for a treat, dim sum at the Diamond Banquet Hall near First Markham Place. We headed back to Monticle HQ after that, because we still had more to do. When we got back, we rehearsed our play and song one last time, to present it to whoever was to come to their graduation. After their ceremony, we split up into two groups, the Hong Kong students, and the Canadian students, and while the Hong Kong students were finishing some administration work, the Canadian students were planning a route to their upcoming destination, MontrĂ©al! That took most of the afternoon, so after that activity, we settled down for a dinner of leftovers, and since we didn’t have a pot that wasn’t made of metal; we had to get creative on how to heat the food in a microwave. We finally settled on putting cold food into our individual containers and heating them up three at a time. Right after dinner, we learned that since we were sleeping at the HQ in a few days, we had to clean up very thoroughly. Anyways, that concludes our day, tomorrow, we’re buying more food and packing up our belongings in preparation for the MontrĂ©al trip. Good night, and we’ll continue to upload tomorrow!

Geoffrey

Opps I’m sorry, that’s not my last blog 1, But this time this is the very last last blog I will write in Monticle. But this time, I won’t say what I did today, but I’m saying what I learned in this program. The most important stuff I learned was how to be a good leader. A good leader have to: pay attention to details, organize, hunger to learn, never give up, time management etc. to learn, never give up, time management etc. I hope I can join Monticle next year.

Christina

This morning we watched a movie called Secretariat. (A horse movie) It was really great. It was about a horse that was involved in a race and won a lot of times. For lunch we went to Diamond Banquet Hall. It was delicious for me. My favourite food there was the egg tarts. Then we performed a drama piece that we did at Mon Sheong. Then everyone sang ‘’ I believe I can fly, I believe I can fly ‘’!!!! That’s one of excited for the Montreal tip on Sunday. Very excited. I hope it’ll go well !!

Howard

Today is Friday the 13th. As such, today was a day filled with horror and blood… is what I wanted to say but today was really a day that should be filled with tears. Today was the graduation of the Hong Kong students, I feel like crying now… I miss them already, despite most of them still being around me. Geoffery was taken by his parent and left in the afternoon but the others are still in Monticle. They’ll be leaving Canada in 2 days… So why was their graduation today? Oh well, I don’t really have anything to write or reflect about today. But today’s dinner was good. Really good. I’m sleepy after a good meal. Funny how that works. Anyone know why that happens? Is it because the extra weight from the food makes one tired? Or perhaps the relief from hunger makes you sleep? Oh well, who cares.
P.S. I don’t believe I can fly.

Marco

It’s me last day in Monticle, but not the last day for Canada. I’m going back to Hong Kong. I’m going back in July 15. I really want to stay in Canada but I can’t. So I will miss all the Canadian students. I think Monticle is really fun and challenging. We also had our graduation ceremony. We did our drama that we id in Mong Sheng and sand the song “I believe I can fly”. I think it was pretty good.

Tiffany

My ringtone rang, Bark! Bark! It was 7:00 in the morning, an hour before headed out. I showered in the morning to keep fresh. Today I my monticle graduation! I’m so excited but at the same time very sad to be leaving Canada soon. Everyone headed to the HQ carrying excitement and joy on the way. When we arrived we started to continue watching “Secretariat” while eating leftover breakfast. When we finished the movie we reflected upon its motif and message, then learnt about the will to win, never giving up, only possibility not, impossible, believe in yourself. I saw a lot out of this movie, meanwhile enjoying it. After that we went for Dim sum, me and yereem filled our stomachs with delicious food. Then rushed back to the HQ for the graduation ceremony. In the ceremony we preformed our drama, sand “I believe I can fly” and received our certificates, as our Monticle boss, read out other’s names I wondered why isn’t my name there? Is there some mistake? Then when  Billy gave a brief speech about the top student at last, I became to get an small idea of the situation then. “And the top student of Alpha group is… Tiffany Ng!” I screamed inside “I did it! Yeah!” This is my first step in becoming a successful leader, I have to work harder to become that special one!

Jonathan

Today, for breakfast, I ate some toast and drank milk. The breakfast was delicious. For preparation of our graduation ceremony, we practiced our drama presentation (the one we did at Mon Sheong Long Term Centre) for a few times.  We went to lunch in the Diamond Banquet Hall Restaurant at First Markham Place. We had dim sum. It was very good. Then we headed back to HQ to do our drama presentation. Everyone enjoyed it. Then the Hong Kong students received certificates and Billy gave a speech to everyone. Later, we spoke about the trip to Montreal. We were converted to two groups. For dinner, we had leftovers, for example, macaroni & cheese with leftover meat. The dinner was tasty. The whole day was a good one.
P.S. We watched a Disney movie called “Secretariat”.

Jason

This morning we cleaned up the apartment and HQ before having breakfast. For breakfast we had leftover meat with bread and cheese. We cleaned up the table area before watching segitarius. I missed some of the movie due to punishment (cleaning, sitting at the pole). After watching Segitaruis we talked about 4 leadership traits. Then for lunch we went to Diamond banquet hall. We last minute singing “I believe I can fly” and also practiced our drama play. The performance went ok. Tiffany got Top student for HK students. We locals learned about navigation and planned some activities for the Montreal trip. We had leftover meat and macaroni pasta with sauce.

Crystal

Today we woke up at 8 am. When we arrived at HQ we cleaned and had breakfat. After breakfast, we finished the movie “Secretariat”. It was amazing, especially because it is based on a true story. After the movie we had a discussion about the messages in the movie. There were 4 messages: 1. Never give up 2. Everything is possible 3. The will to win 4. Believe in yourself. After the discussion we had dim sum lunch at Diamond Banquet Hall. When we were done with our delicious lunch, we prepared for the Hong Kong students’ graduation ceremony. I’ll miss them L. After their graduation, the student who are staying had the navigation class to prepare for their trip to Montreal. I can’t wait!

Quince

Today is the bad news. I have a bit feather in the HQ. That means I am sick. I also have cough and runny nose. The good news is we went outside for lunch finally. You know why later. We ate dim sum for lunch. The rest of the day, we stay in Monticle HQ. We talk about going to Montreal for camping. It is about 6-7 hours car ride. Is that long? Yes, it is. Like sitting in a plane doing nothing. We didn’t really do anything at all. So this is the end. Bye. P.S.  We watch a horse raceing movie.

James

I woke up by the sound of Howard’s phone and I jumped out of my bed confused but fell asleep again after. I woke up again because of Jacky’s loud voice. During breakfast, I remembered that today is the day that the Hong Kong student leaves. The thought made me feel lonely but happy somehow. The instructors put us in charge of creating the route to go to Montreal and it was so complicated because we had to calculate the timing, distance, meals, gas station and washroom breaks .It was so boring.

Mike

Today is my last day writing a blog, just reminding anyone who reads my blog, this is the last time you will see me.  This morning, we watched a movie named the Secretariat.  Through the movie, we learned 4 points that relate to leadership.  First, never give up.  Second, always believe your self.  Third, everything is possible, and fourth, the will to win.  Today was also the day HK students got 3 things.  First, our CPR/AED license.  Second, our Monticle certificate, and third, my Mon Sheong certificate.  But before that, we had to perform our drama and sing “I Believe I can fly” again.  After that, we had a 1-hour interview with HK students.

Kendra

Today is the most simple day out of all days.  I woke up at 8 o’clock and got ready for the day.  We arrived at HQ and ate breakfast.  We had chicken/beef steak and bread, so a sandwich.  Then, we watched a movie called “ Secretariat”.  It was about a young horse competing in races and also about not giving out.  After the movie we had a short leisure and went to eat dim sum.  We then came back to get ready for the Hong-Kong graduation.  We did our drama skit and the song “I Believe I Can fly”!  Then the Canadian students had a navigation class.  It was for the Montreal trip and then we had dinner.  It was that simple!  P.S It was also fun. J

Alexandra

Today is day 14.  We had cheese, meet sandwich.  It was good.  Then we watched it because it showed leadership.  1 Believe in yourself.  2 will to win.  3 everything is possible.  4 never give up.  It taught us a lot.  It was so sad today because some of the hong kong people left.  We had a show for that.  The drama show, and a song (I Believe I can fly).  Then Curnal hinji hang out the cirtificit.  It was nice.  At lunch we went to dim sum!!!  Their food taste really good.  For dinner, we had Macaroni and cheese.  It tasted weird.  P.S  I don’t know what we are doing tomorrow.

Yereem

“Go Secretariat, Go!  You can do this!”  I heard Penny’s voice, barely audible over the thundering sound of running horses, while a big red horse raced across the screen—secretariat.  It passed every horse in front of it, and at last, it passed the finish line.  It won!  But It not only won the triple crown, It also put an end to Penny and her family tax debts.  From this movie, I learned three things—strive to win, never give up, and everything is possible.  Now on, whenever I feel hopeless, I will think of three quotes.







































1 comment: