Friday, July 6, 2012

Alpha Group / Me3 Foundation Day 7


We spent almost all day in the water today, although we started the day off with another drama class. We’ve almost finished the production, all thanks to Kenny. After that we split into two groups, one started on kayaking, and one went with Billy to go do some more man overboard drills. It was a beautiful day today, and we all enjoyed our day out in the water. When the students were kayaking, a lot of us got stuck in the reeds, but with teamwork, and cooperation from their friends, they all managed to finish the kayaking trip. After that, we ate a dinner of bread, spaghetti, and vegetables, which, like always, was delicious. Today is also the last day of camp, and I’m sure all of the students are very disappointed. Still, even if our time in camp is over, our program is far from over, and we still have many activities planned, which I’m sure all of us will enjoy. Anyways, good night, and we’ll post again tomorrow.

Mike

Today is the last day we are using a wetsuit! We did some kayaking and 8 man overboard. During kayaking, I was paired up with Marco on a k2. It was tiring and we had a few arguments, but it was fine, 8 man overboard was fine but very difficult. The good part was that we could have 20 min of fun in the water afterwards.

Tiffany

“Geronimo! Icecream! Fries! Monticle!” I screamed as I jumped off the boat with pride and excitement. We all jumped off the boat one by one right after the second Man – overboard task, oh how I wished we could stay an extra few days, despite the fact that Yereem keeps moaning and complaining. Anyway today was awesome I learn’t a lot of survival and leadership skills, and had an experience for life!we’re now practicing our performance tommorrow! So looking forward for tomorrow.

Yereem

The white helmet felt awkward on my head. Being ranked the highest was also unexpected and came to me as a surprise that I couldn’t even feel the pressure. Still, a sigh escaped from my mouth as I thought of leading 6 people for the long hours of watersports, that’s my challenge – giving it- but no matter what a try won’t hurt.

Geoffrey

Today, when we finished breakfast, we connected all the scenes from drama. There’s total 6 scenes and I’m on the first on which was soccer. After lunch, we did water activities, first we did kayaking, I’m almost the best kayaker in the whole group. Later we did man overboard again, but this time there were 7 people holding hands together. I had a better understanding of teamwork. Then we had fun in the water, we jumped to the water using the boat. Later on we had dinner, we had beef and bread!

Crystal

Today is day 7 of camp. We were mostly in water today, kayaking and man overboard. Plus, we got to do cannonballs into the water too. Then we kayaked. It was fun, but at the same time, very tiring. I had a lot of fun today in the water. But, I really miss the city and am very happy t go back to HQ tomorrow.

James

Well, Today is the first and the last day of kayaking for us and we are leaving the campsite and I’m sort of happy and sad. The lecture I got today is balance in teamwork. I got nothing to say now.

Jason

This morning Billy inspected the rooms since denial had to leave early. After Breakfast we had our second last drama practise. Later in the day we had to do another man overboard (boat) but this time we had to swim to the rock and back to the boat. I was happy to kayak in the K1.

Christina

I had the most fun today. We did man overboard and drama again for drama scenes. We are doing it in mon sheong. For man overboard we linked our arms together and swam backwards to a big rock, and then got 20 min free time to jump off the boat. Also I did have an enjoyable sleep because the beds and wash- rooms were better then the cottage. I had lot’s of fun today!!

Kendra

Today is the 7th day of camp. Tomorrow we’re leaving the campsite. (boo!!). Today we had breakfast, which was a tuna sandwich and hot chocolate. Later,  (well after that) we had a drama class. Then, we had lunch. We had cream of mushroom with spaghetti and drumsticks. We then did water sports. I was in the first group so I went on the boat and I did a 8-person man over-board. Then, we went back and we did kayaking. It was really hard. The water sports were really fun!! That’s the end of my day.

Marco

We went kayaking today. It was very hot and fun. It was very hard thoe. We also did some drama.

Alexandra

Today is day 7. For breakfast, we had hot chocolate, and also a tuna sandwich. It was good. Alday we had water thing like kayaking and man overboard. Also in the morning, we had a drama period. It was fun. Tomorrow we are leaving muskey’s landing. We are only were for breakfast.

Howard

Today we spent most of the day in the water. This included our man overboard drill & kayaking. I’m a little seasick from all the water; swimming in the water, jumping into the water, diving into the water, sleeping in the water, sliding through the water, getting out of the water. It was exhausting and exiting day.

Jonathan

For breakfast we had hot chocolate and tuna sandwiches. For lunch, we had more food and drinks. For the whole day, I did some kayaking and man overboard training and also jumped into the water later. It felt warm and cold all together. The learning experience was easy to understand.

Quince

Today we did one more time man overboard and |I cut my hand with a rock. We jumped from the boat and it is so fun. I did the kayak finally. It is fun when we have to stop, I did one time 2 person seats and one person seat. We ate tuna fish sandwich and drink hot chocolate. We are leaving this campsite tomorrow. I miss this campsite

1 comment:

  1. Well done Geoffrey. Still one week to go for your fabulous adventure at the camp. Keep on your hard work and see you this coming Friday. We all miss you so much.
    Dad, Mom and Gabriel

    ReplyDelete