Friday, July 27, 2012

Bravo group Day 7


Today was a day packed with work and cleaning. We started the day at 7:30 and immediately went to work, packing up our luggage and cleaning the tents. We regrouped at the dining tables at 7:45, and Raymond gave us a short debriefing about the clean-up. We split into two groups, one to pack up the kayaks, and one to pack up the tents. After all of that was done, we had a short lunch of juice boxes and granola bars.
We quickly set off, trying to get back to HQ in time to clean up all of our equipment. We quickly and efficiently split into many teams to clean up all the equipment, one to clean the wetsuits, one for the camping equipment, one for the water equipment, one for the cooking equipment, etc…. (there was a lot). Anyways, it’s been a long day, and we’re all glad to be done with it. All of us are tired, but we’re excited for the new instructor, Philip, who is arriving tomorrow. Well that ends this blog for today, so good night, and we’ll upload tomorrow!
P.S. Please enjoy the photos from the past 5 days !!!

Alastair

It was a long day today, we didn’t do much except for cleaning, packing, and more cleaning. We had a short breakfast of eggs, bread, and some interesting oatmeal. Then we went to pack the kayaks and the tents. After a juice box drinking competition (in which, regardless of what anyone else says, I won) we loaded ourselves onto the sprinters and went back to HQ. We spent the better part of 2 hours cleaning up, and settled down to write blogs, which brings us to now. Anyways, I didn’t learn very much about leadership today, but I did learn a bit about drinking juice…..

Jennifer

Today was a very mundane day for me; and I like to think mundane both beneath me, as well as behind me. I spent the better part of the day listening to someone’s love life and troubles and washing towels. But mostly the latter (at least the former proved a bit more interesting than muddy water under the hot sun).

It is a thankless job, washing towels. “Every job is important. Every job is important,” I chanted to myself, as if repeating that meaningless mantra would make my position any more meaningful. “Every job is important,” I said to myself as I watched the others load the kayaks onto the trailer. “My job is important as well,” I mutter to no one in particular as people come up to grab my newly-washed towels from my hand, while depositing mud-caked tent pegs into my bucket of clean water that I’d just fetched without so much as a word of appreciation, nor recognition.

To be even jokingly told that I am not a girl, but instead equal to two boys, and be one of the ones that I call our “triumvirate,” I would have thought that I would have more respect and more to do. It seems as if I’m always routed because I am simply not muscular enough to handle the heavy lifting, or well-enough-versed in where things are stored to help out with loading and unloading. I don’t mind when I’m constantly boondoggling while others more well-equipped than me chip away at some meaningful work, because someone must do it, so why not me, one of the supposed seniors?

Jonathan

Today, on the final day at Darlington Provincial Park, we packed our bags, Packed the tents and had a mini lunch. After that, we left the site. I really miss this Park. When we arrived back to HQ, we took down our belongings, took the food, washed the wetsuits and more. Tomorrow, we are having a PT in the morning with another instructor and then we are heading back to montreal again.

Jacky

Today was clean up and leave day from camp. I was in charge of loading the luggage and paddles. I assisted on the tents and we all finish with in 3 hours. We then had a 2  drive back to the HQ and washed all the wet suits and shoes. We are now doing our blog and awaiting for more stuff to do. We are now waiting for dinner and sleep.

Henry

Today, we went back to HQ. In the morning, I woke up and packed up my things. Then I had breakfast, then we cleaned up the tent and clean the kayak. I felt very tired. At two o’clock we went back to HQ. At three o’clock, we arrived to the HQ. And we began to clean the things we had used. We will have BBQ pork rice. I think it will be very yummy.

Jason Wong

This morning we packed our stuff before breakfast. After packing we had scrambled eggs, ham, and bread with butter and oatmeal. After breakfast we split into 2 teams. One team puts the kayaks back on the trailer, and the other team pick up any garbage and take the tents down. Me, Jonathan, Alan and Quince cleaned the indoor floor of each tent. When the other team put the kayaks on the trailer they helped take down the tents. After that we put the stuff in the sprinters. We had juice and left over granola bar for lunch. We headed back to HQ and cleaned up some things.

Jason Wang

Today was our last day at Darlington Park. We packed up our bags and equipment such as tents along with doing a massive clean up before we left. Just before we left we had a quick lunch where Billy said that we could take as many juice boxes as we wanted, I took 12 boxes like a boss but I had to go to the washroom so badly after the hour or so long ride back to HQ.

Calvin

The last day of camp is always a bitter sweet moment for me. On one hand I can finally wash my clothes, but on the other the camping experience has ended. I have also noted that many of the new campers liked camping but prefer the city life better. I can’t say I don’t agree with them but sleeping outdoors is something special for me. We managed to pack up everything before leaving time. I also got my tent group all packed and ready. Most of the day was just spent doing packing and driving back to HQ. We did not even have enough time for lunch. When we got back to HQ we immediately started cleaning and wash everything. We hope that we could have an early dinner and sleep tonight. Unfortunately for me I am washing all the guys clothes.

Alan

Today we went back to the hq from our camp first we ate breakfast. for breakfast we ate eggs, ham, bread and oatmeal after eating we cleaned ad packed our tents we cook the grass out of the tent and o took the food back to the car then we packed our stuff and went back to the hq.

Edwin Chan

Today is the seventh day of the Monticle program and the final day of the camp at Darlington National Park. This morning we ate oatmeal with egg and ham and bread. When we finished our breakfast we were put into two groups. The first group was in charge of our kayak, life jacket and helmet. The second group was in charge of taking down all the tents and pack them up. I was put into the first group to put away all the water equipment. It took us about two hour to pack them all onto the trailer. When we were finished we helped out the second group with the tents. Our lunch for today was just gronolla bar and as many juice box as you can take. A few of us got eight juice boxes and when we were finished quite a few of us ran to the washroom. As we head back some of us fell asleep in the car, but when we woke up the rest of us needed to go to the restroom. For an hour we took off all the equipment and our bags.

Edwin Cheung

Today is July, 27, 2012. It is our last day of camp. We pack our kayaka, tents, cooking equipment and Many other equipment.

We live in Our dirty disguising tents with water and grass all over the place. I the time in 7 day I learn “I got beaten by a girl.” I learn “To Never look down on someone.”

Peggy

Day 7— Oh my gosh it’s been a week already... Or should I say it’s only been one week...? Can’t tell which it is. We left Darlington for HQ and will be at Monticle for 2 days? Since Quince is leaving on the 29th of July. Before that I want to say: the weather is so nice today. It’s almost too sunny. We spent the day packing up our tents. You know, it is harder to pack up then it is to set up the tents. What with all those bugs and spiders hiding in there, pus all the folding and rollings and tyings. I’m hungry~ so I’m just going to end the ramblings for today. Oh yeah... I am slowly dreading tomorrow morning’s military PT~ Nope. Definitely dreading.

Quince

Today is the day where we are leaving our campsite. I am glad that I don’t see Edwin Lo again, because he is the major reason that he is the one who is disturbing me in my goal. That doesn’t mean we are not friends. Enough said. Back to the beginning. We pack our tings to go back to HQ. Then we separate to two teams. One team to pack the kayaks, one team clean up. We cleaned the tents floor and tables. Ater that, we have juice boxes for lunch You can take as many as you want. We went back to HQ. We have early dinner today. We will eat barbeque pork with rice. It is going to be nice. Okay, this is finished. I will work harder in these last two days. Bye. J

Edwin Lo
Today, I woke up and pack up the things to go back to HQ. In the morning, I bearkfaast. After that, we are starting to pack up things. First, we be defind to two team. One team i pack the kayak on the trail. I was very very deffienc! The second team is clean the dirt for the tent, floor, table and chair. Then, all the team also go to pack up the tent in to the bag. After pack up all the things. We have a little lunch. After that, I went back to HQ and try up, clean up all the things. After it, we eat BBQ pork rice for dinner

Ryan Sun

今天我们结束了露营,收拾东西总是不容易的。
这次露营让我学到了很多,Billy告诉我这是一次宝贵的经验。我相信很多东西以后可以用到。
虽然黑了很多,但还是值得了。

Grace

今天,我们就在搬东西 。
早上,我们把帐篷拆了,发现这比支起来还累!!!!!
下午,我们回来了!!!!啊哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈~~~~~~啊哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cedric

今日结束了5天的露营,不敢相信我自己在野外生活了这么久。住,食。
洗,睡,完全在大自然中进行。搬完全部东西,船上架,再下架,一切都有条理地进行直到返回HQ



























































































































7 comments:

  1. Wow!Just did a quick browse and will read and check the details later again. Trying to match the photos with the activities you described in the previous blogs. It's more interesting than the Olympics opening ceremony!
    Take a good rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks like u guys had loads of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jenn, please remember--the most critical job is usually not the part looks so ornate, is the part makes everything run smoothly.No doubt, The sheen work catches people's eye easily, but the experts know where to look into.
    The dirty towels would never make the tents(things) clean.
    I think you already know all of them and just need sometime to overcome the feeling.
    BTW, it is noting wrong to ask(/order? /commend?) those who forget their manner,to say "thank you" !HaHa, hope you succeed.
    Dear Jason, are you kidding? 12 boxes of juice? I hope your bladder stong enough!Don't torture it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Edwin Lo,

    Happy to see your photos. You enjoyed your camp very much. Take care of yourself and Henry. Remember to drink water! I miss u!

    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, I have full confident on your leadership skills :)
    One thing you should also always remind yourself is 'to lead by example.' I can tell that not everyone is a good towel-washer (at least I am not :P). This is why it is so important for you to demonstrate this skill appropriately to your team (including other leaders and followers). Moreover, Jenn, try to think about others who do towel-washing. Think about how they 'enjoy', how they learn from it. I am so sure that you will definitely learn sth from washing towels. I am not joking :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Henry,

    The end of the five days of outdoor camping perfect, whether you find it interesting, tired or happy?I hope you can take care of each other with Edwin!Keep up the good!We miss you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete