Saturday, July 14, 2012

Alpha Group Day 15 (Special day for HK Student)

It’s the last day for the Hong Kong kids, and there were many sad faces as we got up this morning and remembered, but we were determined to have fun before they left. We started out today at 8:00, and had our daily morning inspection at 8:30. When we got to HQ, Billy told us about the next few days. So the Monticle Foundations program is over now, and the Meᵌ Alpha group’s program continues on to Quebec. Anyways, so the Meᵌ Alpha will be a little stricter, for example, the team leaders will be in charge of the schedule, and more responsibility will be passed off to the students. So after the short talk, we started to prepare for a breakfast of waffles, which was a nice change from our usual crackers, or oatmeal, or some other equally bland food… We started a cleanup of the HQ after that, because we’re sleeping here tonight. So now we get to the fun part of the day. We headed to Too Good Pond for a first aid lecture, and got some free time at the main street near the pond. After that, we were heading back to the apartment, but the Night it up festival caught Billy’s eye, and he decided to take us there for some fun. We got to the HQ at around 5:30, and while two groups cleaned up the sprinter, one other group started to cook dinner. We experimented on different ways to heat up the frozen pizza, and after much deliberation, the students decided to use the BBQ stove to cook the pizza, with much success. After the clean-up of the sprinters, all the students were hungry, and our cooks for the day proudly presented the pizza, the result of their hour of hard work. Anyways, that concludes our day, tomorrow we have to wake up very early, because we’re going to Montréal, so good night, and we’ll continue to upload tomorrow.

Marco

It’s the REALLY real last day in Monticle. The whole day was just shopping. It was kind of boring. But not for girls. They were really happy. It was very hot and tiring today. Almost everyday was tiring actually. That’s very good. It’s better than doing nothing. I’m leaving Canada tomorrow, so Bye!! I will always miss everyone. I kind of don’t want to leave, but I also want to see my family. But I must go back. I also have some brown things on my arm that looks like poo and won’t come off in three weeks.

Mike

Sorry for the mistake in the last blog, but today is the official day for my last blog. This morning, we arrived in Too Good Pond(funny name) for a first-aid exercise. During that excersise, something special happened to me, specifically, my nose. Billy was showing some medical instruments, and asked for a volunteer. I was the volunteer, and he told me to lie down. Then, he got the tube you stick into your nose, and stuck it in mine slowly. The feeling was cool, but not painful, thanks to some gel he put on the tube. I sneezed when it was halfway through my nose, so Billy pulled it out. We also went to a fair called “Night It Out”, where I ate 12 pieces of takoyaki. After we came back to the Monticle Headquarters, the Canadian students washed the sprinters while the HK students cooked dinner.

Tiffany

Last blog. Thos is my last blog for a while, for this is the last day for me within the Me3Foundation Program(Alpha), so I hope and wish the best of luck to all who supported me, encouraged me, and have been there when I most needed them. I recapped all my actions, reflected, evaluated my wonderful and meaningful moments in Monticle as we took a quick ride from the apartment to the HQ. My last ride. We ate waffles for breakfast and tried my first sensation of Canadian maple syrup. Then we headed to Too Good Pond for first-aid training which we experienced a few tools used to help uncoucitious subjects. Then we had cold cuts and bread sandwitch for lunch. My last lunch. After lunch, we all went shopping and I saw some shops layout I have never seen before, a classic candy shop, a DIY shop… It was delighting and fun, a really comforting and joyful experience!! We then went to a festival/night mart, and found all sorts of cool stuff and last we went to the HQ and writing my last blog. It was an honor and pleasure meeting everyone, I feel blessed for this opportunity and I wish I could visit or join again! Carrying my certificate of top student of the class, I cheerfully leave Monticle in search for a new adventure, this isn’t my end of leadership, in fact it’s just the beginning! Thank you Monticle, thank you Mom and Dad for giving me the oppertunity! I will work harder, to become the leader Monticle chose me to be!!!!!!

Yereem

“ Start when you’re ready!” Billy said to me with an encouraging smile. Both Billy and Kenny were staring at me. Although they were smiling, I was still nervous. “My name is Yereem,” I started, “And I am 12 years old. That simple sentence made me feel much better. Whenever you don’t know what to say, it’s easiest to start with who you are- it gives you confidence. After that, words came out like magic. I followed Billy’s guidelines, and everything went smoothly. Confidence. Trust. That was the key. I belived in Billy’s trust on my capability, and had confidence in my abilities. Everyone has hard moments when you think you can’t go on. When that happens, think of how far you’ve come, trust yourself, and have confidence in yourself. That is one of the many things Monticle had taught me in the past 15 days. “I Believe I Can Fly”

Kendra

Today is day 15. W mainly went to 2 different places. Unionville and Night it up. For this morning a new student joined in. Also for breakfast we had waffles and syrup. Then, we went to TOO GOOD POND and had a medical training class. After, we had cold-cut sandwiches and the boys and girls spit up for doing some SHOPPING! Then, we went to Night It Up. I bought some stuff. Mostly the stands were food. We then washed the Sprinters. Then, we had pizza. I’m excited for tomorrow because we’re going to Montreal.

Alexandra

Today is day 15. Today our breakfast was really good. We had waffle3s with maple syrup. Afte we went to good pond. The geese was so cute exept for the poo. It wasn’t nice. We learned about the safety kit things. It was very useful to know so in the future we would know what to do ad get one, for home, car, etc. Then we went shopping(technically) , we bought ice cream and cupcakes… and ice cream. Then we went to NBA place (basketball),I spended so much money!!! I was so mad. I got a lot of cool stuff though, like squishy donuts, unicorn, etc. Then we went back to HQ. For dinner we had pizza. Oh yam we cleaned the sprinters and washed it. It reminded me of when I had to clean my parent’s cars.
P.S. Tomorrow we will go to Montreal.

Quince

Today we have 4 leaderships came, but on of them haven’t arrive yet oly 3 came. Their name is Jason, Jennifer, Ryan and Edwin (Big) (Enclued not arrived) Ryan came first. Then Jason then Jennifer. Then Edwin. We did hoe to pack a first aid kid. I bet we have one then we went shopping and I only have 41 cents. For eating. Then we went back to Monticle AQ clean up the sprinters, have diner and write our blogs. That’s it. Oh I have a straight blues. End. Cu…

James

My morning started out bad because I couldn’t remember the subject I was thinking about last night. The most interesting thing we did was going to Markham fair and there was a lot of food and games but I was still sad about not be able to remember. We came I was still sad about not be able to remember. We came back at the HQ and started to clean the van. Well at least we go to Montreal tomorrow.

Jason

This morning we packed up our sleeping bag and stuff for the montreal trip. For breakfast we had waffles, we went to the good point pond to learn about what to have I a first aid bag for home, car and camping. Then we had lunch and after lunch we went to the main street to shop. Then we went Night it up to check it out. When we came back to HQ we cleaned up the sprinters and had pizza for dinner. P.S. I forgot to mention in yesterday’s blog I can lift 90 pounds for bench press.

Ryan

Today I got here 12 hours early but was accepted in and part of there daily routine We had a breakfast waffles and went to a village in Unionville after some waking and shopping we went to a festival similar to one near pacific mall. We then have a dinner of pizza and a desert of watermelon.

Christina

This morning we woke up at 7 am. Also we started to get ready to go to a park. At the park, we were learning about first aid kit. While that was happening some people form Hong Kong got interviewed. For lunch we had sandwiches, but we couldn’t get seconds. Then we went to the Markham fair I bought  a lot of things there.  Then we came back and ate dinner. (We had pizza and watermelon.) Today I got a lot of useful stuff. I am very very excited for the Montreal trip.

Crystal

Today we went to explore Too good Pond. It is located in Unionville. We had a lecture about pack first aid equipment. I especially like the demonstrations we had. After the lecture, we had an early lunch and then we explored Unionville village. Later, Billy decided to let us got the Night It Up, the Markham air. We spent about 3 hours there and I used up all m money, technically. After that we came back to wash the sprinters as the Hong Kong students cooked dinner. Tonight, we have to sleep extra early so we can wake up early to start our trip to Montreal.

Howard

I woke up randomly today. I didn’t get awoken by one of the leadership nor by my alarm. I just woke up. Perhaps it was because there was a sudden change in position as I moved in my bed or perhaps it was because of a random sound. Any ways, I woke up at around 6: 45. Then I fell asleep again. I finally got woken up at 8…. Then we went to Unionville and learned first aid. Then we went to Night it up. Finally we had to clean the sprinter and start to write the blog. Sadly, tomorrow the Hong Kong students leave.

 



























































1 comment:

  1. Yereem, Tiffany, Mike, Marco, Geoffrey...an amazing group of students! Keep up the great work and hope to see you again soon!
    -Tammy

    ReplyDelete