Thursday, July 26, 2012

Bravo group Day 6


Hi everyone! I’m happy to say that even rain couldn’t stop us from learning and having fun. We started off today with some competitive PT, a… push war, of sorts. We grouped ourselves into two teams, and started the game. The game consisted of two teams of eight, and we formed ourselves into a makeshift battering ram. We started off face to face, (and sometimes face to chest…) and then pushed for our pride and honour! Back to reality though, it tested our teamwork (again) strategizing, and leadership skills.
After that, we prepared for the upcoming Monticle challenge by trying out games that the instructors thought up. They were…. interesting, yet challenging, and the key was to strategize, and to apply teamwork. We started out with an interesting challenge. Three people move a soccer ball to the destination, about 5-10 metres, but the catch was that only one person could move at a time. The next challenge was similar, having only two people, with the same rules. The last of the three beginning challenges was to utilize 6 people to do this challenge.
The next group of challenges involved rope, and a little creativity. With the same team, we had to tie a ball to the top of our shelter, using two pieces of rope. The top of the shelter was about 3 metres, so we had to either climb up, or carry people up. The next challenge (there was a lot of them) we thought up ideas for different games and challenges.
We headed back to the campsite soon afterwards, and got a lecture on cleaning up after ourselves, and while the details will not be mentioned here, we all realized that we needed to pay more attention to how we organize ourselves, and to swallow our pride to ask people to help. Anyways, that concludes this blog, we learned a lot, and at the same time, had a lot of fun. Good night, and we’ll continue to upload tomorrow!

Jennifer

Rain. Usually, I love rain; however, I woke to find my tent covered with leaves and debris.... and ants. Our cleanup will be very fun tomorrow. Very. We had to adjust the pegs and lines on most of our tents after the thunderstorm last night. It was beautiful and exhilarating to lie in the tent and watch the lightning. But, because of the rain, we weren’t able to go on the water today. Instead, we did lots of teamwork activities. Our morning PT today was reminiscent of football, except we weren’t allowed the use of our hands. It was harder and a lot more fun than I thought. I was up against Quince, and although he is about half my age, and half my size, he put up a great fight.

We then ate a breakfast of noodles before heading to the park shelter—the same one that we were at for the Wilderness Challenge a few years ago. There, we did more teamwork-building activities, such as transferring a ball to a destination a ways away—but without using our legs, arms, or head. We lay down on the ground adjacent to each other and rolled the ball from back to back. Our team (team Snoopy) won 4 of the 5 challenges. I think our teamwork and strategies were very good—we were able to use everyone’s skills to the fullest.

For the last challenge between Team Snoopy and Team Paintball had to come up with a game for us to compete in. I really liked Ryan’s idea of getting one team to create a rope “maze” and having one member of the opposite team walk through it blindfolded, with the verbal guidance of their own team. I thought it was too complex with the amount of time we were allotted, but perhaps it may be a good choice for the upcoming Monticle Challenge.

Tomorrow we’re heading to Ottawa. Goodnight, all!

Henry

Today is a rainny day, all the day is rainning I learnt a lot of things today and I did a lot of pt at the morning. I also played a lot of games I will get back to HQ tomorrow, I felt very hesitant. I love this camp. I also shared my plann today. I felt very happy for this camp.

Jason Wang

Today it rained so much. Due to the rain we didn’t get to go on the water today. In the morning we had PT in the form of a football/rugby drill where we used our shoulders and chest to push the opposite team to their “end zone”. This taught us to be flexible with our tasks and that nothing is set in stone as Billy and the other instructors found new things to do almost on the spot.

Jonathan

Today, we did some PFTs in the morning. We did wresting and many more. We then went to the Ontario parks store for lunch. I brought some iced tea and a badge. Tomorrow, we are leaving the site.

Alan

Today when we woke up we played a pushing game. We ate breakfast nodles and crackers. after eating we went to a place and did activitys After that we had 2 teames and we did compotitions after doing the activity we went to the store and ate Lunch there we did a drama class.

Jason Wong

This morning we did PT first. The game was to only use shoulders and push the opponent past their boundray. we did it for two hours. For breakfast spaghetti noodles and chicken breast meat. After breakfast we went to the picnic area to play more games like human bowling and the good news is that nobody got hurt. We went to the park store for lunch. After lunch we went back to the picknic area to tak about goals.

Edwin Cheung

Today is July, 26, 2012. This morning we play the group game. We learn about tatisces and stuff. During this afternoon we have a speech about our plan for our furture. In the the speech I talk about what is my plan “I learn that “The day will come when I will be along I will get ready.

Edwin Lo

Today is a crazy pt day. At the morning we have a pushing pt. I lose for Jason Wang, but my team is also win. Yeah! After the breakfast, we go to somewhere have sherlt. First, we make the ball from oneside to onside. It was fun. Then I do the human bowning. After, we have snack lunch it yummy.

Jacky

Today was a very interesting day because we had a all rain day, so the ground is wet. we didn’t have anything planned so we did a lot of P.T and activities. I especially like the physical endurance because I need the extra physical training. we did a lot more activitys later on, I enjoyed these activities because it made me think and wonder about my future. I will keep these thoughts in my mind and use it in the future.

Peggy

Day ...I forget what day this is... It rained all night! It’s terrible in that I kept waking throughout the night, and there’re no water activities for the day. Instead, we spent the morning on PT ad game challenges: stretching and a form of wrestling/pushing using our shoulders. Gain, we’re split into 2 groups: Snoopy and Pingpong or Paintball (I don’t know which). It was hilariously fun. I fell on my butt 3 times facing Ryan. It was still raining, so we went to a shelter ad continued game challenges for the afternoon. They’re all games of strategy, teamwork and patience. We carried balls on our backs, tied ropes, human bowled, tied more ropes, and untied ropes. Team Snoopy won most of the rounds. Funny thing, after the games and break when we started talking about our future goals and aspirations, I found myself automatically switching into my social worker role. Unconsciously listing out things I can do with them and storing them away at the back of my mind~

Calvin

We spent alot of time working on teamwork today. Many of the activities made us work together to reach our goals. An interesting activity that appealed to me was the five year plan discussion about the future. It is still a difficult discussion for me because I have never liked talking about myself. Kenny said that I should dream bigger, however I know what I can do, and I fear that I will fail in that dream if I chase after it. On the other hand the rain has let up so I feel a bit happier. Tomorrow is also the last day so the laundry is gonna be a disaster. I hope that the students will enjoy the Quebec trip next.

Quince

Today is raining. The weather is bad. I can’t believe that I’ve seen bad days in the last third day. I hope we don’t see any more bad days anymore. Enough said. Oh, yeah yesterday I forgot to say something we did something . . . oh never mind. Right today. We have a game of flexable. It is a little bit violent. Then we have breakfeast. An half hour later, we went to a shelter and played some strategy games. One of them is human bowling. If the ball touches you, you are out. If you move your legs, you are also out, because you are cheating. We went to the store to buy things to eat for lunch. Actually, it is snack lunch. Then we go back to the shelter and it rained heavily. While it happened, we continue our drama lesson  and it is about feauture plans. All of us said our feauture plans except for Johnathan. Age of sixteen. Right now is 7:44 P.M and it is blue sky with sun! This is it and it is finished. Be safe in Hong Kong of T10!!! J P.S The game is not suppose to be violent. And there are two teams. Paintball and Snoppy. Snoppy won by 1:5. Have fun in Hong Kong. Count yesterday’s blog.

Ryan Hoang

Today is the sixth day with Bravo group. It was raining alot so we couldnt do much. However we did alot of leadership stuff. We then had a delicious brunch of spagetthi and chicken. We then did a group challenge for the monticle challenge later. It was fun and interesting. we were then told to make our own challenge. I got a good idea but no one liked it so to bad.

Edwin Chan

Today is the fifth day of camp and it was a rainy day. When we all woke p we started the day with pt. (physical training) which was pretty interesting. At first we got into a team of nine we played the test of strength, the test of strategy, the test of endurance. My group won the individual challenge, when we were done with the first pt we got free time and some of us went to the general store to buy food and drink. Once we finished with the store we went back to camp for breakfest which was noodles and it was good. Once we finished our breakfest we went to a picnic shelter and did five more pt excersice which was also fun. Our group was the same as the first group ad our name was snoopy and we also won four more challenges and last one. When we were finished with that we went back to the general store and bought food as a snack. Since it was raining we went back to the shelter and talked about our personal goals. that’s all for now.

Grace

          今天,好累啊。。。。(过没有干什么啊???—_)
         早上,我们在玩游戏。。。很好玩。。。^-^
         中午,我睡了一觉。。>_<。。。因为很困啊T-T
         下午,,我们在玩游戏。。#_#。。。很好玩。。。。。
         各种纠结。。。。。各种好玩,,,,各种有趣。。。。。^_^
         一天结束了?!!!
         P羽,阿胡,老妈,外婆,我好想你们那!!

Ryan Sun                                                                                                                                                                

         今天是轻松的一天,但天气不好,早上我们早练,做了游戏,我尽了全力但最后还是输了,BILLY诉我,我太心急了,我以后应该多注意这一点,做任何事情都要有耐心
         下午每个人讲了他们的理想和目标,性格不同所期望的生活也不同,期望多年以后依然能和这群朋友联系,并看到每个人都可以实现他们的目标

Cedric                                                                                                                                                           

经过昨晚的一场大雨,但今天的天气仍无好转,所以这可能是一个原因导致今日无法下水运动。我感到可惜因为明天要准备离开这个整个可爱的公园。可能没有机会再接触到这么清澈干净的湖水
上午的竞赛过后我们又进行了另外一次个人演讲主题是关于以后的个人计划,仔细地听过每个人的讲话,我了解到与我成长在不同环境,将不同语言的同龄人是怎么构思以后的人生。而我个人感到比上次个人能够更加放松,自信,去用英文表达我想讲的。期待与更多老师交流
                                                                                                                                                                     


3 comments:

  1. I'm going to the monticle challenge , I'm looking forward to it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet and Jason, good morning! Great to know you have good time on transferring ball from back to back on the ground. It seems hard to do it because you need to have a lithely body moving to roll the ball. How is "maze" game? Both teams made it? Hope rain will cease and good weather come to you.
    auntie Cindy ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Everyone in Bravo Group,

    I have been reading your blog daily and amazed how you keep saying "so tired" every day, at the same time you are having lots of fun and learning new things! No sweat no gain :)

    Hi Kendra, it is great to see you again at Monticle Challenge. Have you registered yet? We may have only a few spots left.

    Have fun! Keep learning. Be inspired!

    Patty

    ReplyDelete