Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Alpha Group / Me3 Foundation Day 11


Today was mostly reserved for seeing the sites of Toronto, but Billy took us to see Mercedes first. He took us there not only for the site-seeing, and not only to marvel at the amazing German engineering, but to teach us about the teamwork and leadership necessary for this company to become one of the top automobile companies in the world. We saw the lengths they took to make their cars presentable, and the effort they put into the cleanliness of their meeting rooms, their offices, and their showroom. After that we headed to a Vietnamese restaurant for a huge lunch of beef noodle soup. Next, we made our way to Ontario Parliament to learn about the government in Canada; we saw where laws were passed, some of the displays, many pictures and busts of previous premiers, speakers, and sculptors. The students were quick to pick up on the information, and they all asked insightful questions. However, we still had our main event for the day, a trip to the Royal Ontario Museum! We stayed for a couple of hours, seeing things such as humongous diamonds, ant farms, dinosaur skeletons, bat caves, a café (strange, but you can’t go wrong with a café), and many other things. We ate dinner at first Markham Place, and headed back to HQ to prepare for an early bedtime. We need to get up early for tomorrow, because we’re going treetop trekking, and we need to wake up early to arrive on time. We’re all excited, and some of us are even a little nervous, but I know they can all overcome their fears and face this challenge head on. Good night, and we’ll post again tomorrow!


James

The most interesting thing we did was going to ROM which stands for Royal Ontario Museum. The discovery human made is so fascinating but some are completely useless.

Yereem Chun

Royl Ontario Museum was the biggest museum I have ever went. It was a 5 floor building, exhibiting a variety of topics – animals, Asian culture European culture, dinosaurs, costumes & textiles….. we barely saw everything in time. It was one of the very few museums I don’t hate ( I am not a huge fan of museums) Also, I got to shop for gifts and souvenirs – my favorite part. Although I spent a lot, I bought something that’s worth it.

Jason

Today we went to Mercedes Benz in downtown to look at the cars and we got a tour. For lunch lunch we went to some Veitnamese noodle place in china town. After lunch we went to Queen’s park which is my second time and got a small tour. Then we went to the ROM and went to any wxhibit we wat for 2 hours. I bought a cute gift for the same special someone.

Christina

Today was really fun. We went for a tour at Mercedes- Benz. I liked a lot of the cars there. Then we went to Vietnamese soup. I kind of liked the soup there. Then we went to the rom. The museum. I really really liked it. After that we went to eat dinner. Today I am sleeping over at Billy’s house. I hope I’ll have a good sleep.

Tiffany

Today a day of knowledge a day of excitement, a day of laughter. We first visited Mercedes Benz here we say exceptional teamwork, outstanding teamwork and organizational skills that brought this brand to a whole new level, the skills that made them the best of their kind. I saw how they sorted their automobiles by catergories, price, age, history, kind, and saw how they made almost over sale magical. They had their cars and products made to the top quality then sold with the best presentation skills. Then we took a quick lunch in a Vietnamese noodle shop while Billy took a quick checkup on his body, and I saw a completely different scene from what I expected from Hong Kong. The doctors place was old and wasn’t as highly decorated as the ones in Hong Kong, then Billy saw my blank face and said “don’t judge a book by its cover, this doctor is the best, he puts real potential in medication instead of decoration.” Then I realised my mistakes from the past and found my correction and negative parts. Afterwards we headed to Parlament and learnt about canada’s government, the parlament’s history writing, and positions in Debates, governments and Canadian history. Then we headed to the Royal Ontario Museum and saw a lot of cultural history and Dinosaurs history my group walked through the galleries swallowing information bit by bit. Then we went for dinner, and I made a really big mistake, taking my device out and scrolling around before the food came, I feel terrible. But despite the fact that I made an mistake, I learnt a lesson, I did it one, theres no second time. Well I guess that’s that for today! I have to go prepare my journey tomorrow to treetop trekking!

Mike

Today we went to a Canadian flagship Mercedes-Benz store. We also visited the parliament and ROM, the Royal Ontario Museum or something. Both the flagship store and the parliament were cool, but ROM was coolest. ROM is like a al purpose museum. There were dinos, cultural staff, animals etc. overall, it was pretty good.

Marco

Today we went to Merhades- Benz company to see the cars and went to Toronto university and the ROM. Today is a really tired day, because we need to walk a lot.

Quince

Today, our time of free time is a lot less than yesterday. We wen to Mercedes-Benz of Toronto for a visit, sit in cars and look at cars. One of the best cars I’ve sit in Today is a supercar, After that, we have lunch and the lunch is beef noodles . After that we went to ROM, museum, There are dinoursaours skulls. Tomorrow is treetop challenge. I can’t wait till fake but real that.

Jonathan

Today, we went to Downtown Toronto.  In the morning, we went to Mercedes-Benz Downtown and Queen’s Park.  For lunch, we ate at a Vietnamese restraunt.  The food was delicious.  In the afternoon, we went to a park and then ROM.  It was fun!  At dinner, we went back to Kirst Markham Place.  We ate at the United Brothers Café Restraunt.  The food was tasty.

Crystal

Today is the 11th day of camp. We went to downtown today. The Mercedes –Benz Company, Queens Park and the ROM. In the morning, we visited Mercedes-Benz in downtown. We saw many cars: smart, MAYBACH and a Mercedes Roadster SLR AMG. Then we went to the parliament building in Queens Park. We saw the chamber room, the place where the MPPs debate on bills. After that, we went for lunch at a Vietnamese noodle place. Later, we went to ROM, we had 2 hours to see what we wanted to see. Dinosaurs, extinct animals, Chinese and Japanese artifacts. For dinner we went to UNITED BROTHERS CAFÉ at the First Markham plaza. I can’t wait till tomorrow; we are going to the Treetop Trek.

Alexandra

Today is day 11. Today we went to Mercedes-Benz. The cars were awesome!!! Then we went to eat at a Vietnamese food restaurant. It was yummy. Then we went to the Toronto University. It was very big. After that, we went to ROM. It was also very big. It’s very interesting. I really liked the dinosaurs. It was very fun and tired today, because we walked a lot today.

Kendra

Today is day 11th . We had bananas and crackers for breakfast. Then we headed to Mercedes- Benz downtown. We visited their conference room and lunchroom. Turns out Mercedes-Benz is really neat, that’s the they of business. We also went to Queen’s Park, parliament building. We saw many things. Next we headed to ROM, we also saw many things. That’s the end of today. I cant wait for 2morrow when we go treetop trekking.

Geoffrey

Today, when we finished breakfast at HQ (which we ate crackers and OASIS juice), we went down to visit Mercedes Benz Downtown in Toronto. I liked the race cars and the cars which was not for sale. I learned that when I became a successful person, I have to organize, behave ourselves. Later on, when we finished lunch in a Vietnam noodle shop , we went to Univercity of Toronto! Then we walked to have a visit. I had a better understanding of how the government runs in Toronto. At last we went to ROM for 2 hours. Our group is mostly dinosaurs, endanger animals etc. it very fun day tomorrow! Fun. I hope I have a nice day .

Howard

Today we did a lot of stuff. We went to Mercedes-Benz, visited the Ontario Government building, as well as went to the ROM. If I could, I would type a page on what I saw today but I couldn’t so I’m ending this blog here. Seriously I want to sleep. Good night.



























































1 comment:

  1. Today we went to Merhades- Benz company to see the cars and went to Toronto university and the ROM. Today is a really tired day, because we need to walk a lot.
    100 pure cotton bedsheet king size
    100 pure cotton double bed bedsheet

    ReplyDelete