Friday, August 23, 2013

Bravo Group - Day 12



Aug 23, 2013 – Day 12
There was no PT this morning since the entire day was filled with physically demanding activities. We woke up a little later than usual for breakfast before suiting up in our wetsuits for kayaking and man-overboard drill/test. Kayaking was led by Lemuel and Calvin. We learned how to capsize. Man-overboard drill/test was led by Billy on the Zodiac. We swam ‘dragon-dragged’ with other people nearly 2KM towards our destination. All in all, It was a fun and tiring day. The sun blared down upon us the entire time, even though it was windy and chilly. As a result, many of us got sunburnt. There were minor hiccups here and there but everyone did well. Incredible teamwork skills were seen. Amazing communications were heard. When the activities ended and we all came back, we washed the kayaks, the boat, and all the equipment that were used on water. After which we showered, ate dinner, wrote our blogs, and enjoyed the rest of the evening in relaxation. Some of us already took out our formal wear and readied them for tomorrow’s Etiquette training and Graduation dinner.

Calvin Su
Doing the water activities todays we had some minor hiceups. Overall it was a relatively good day, except for everyone being sunburnt. Today is basically the last physically demanding day for the students. Unfortunately they do not know how long and hard cleaning and pecking everything up 13. They will find out tomorrow morning and then it’s off to figurate training. Then finally our monticle programs are at a close for the summer.

Lemuel
So we finally finished with all the water activities for this program. To be honest, I’m actually glad that it’s done. I can relax just a bit and hopefully stop getting sun burnt. I’m going all brown. At the same time, I’m going to miss the water since I probably wait get a chance to swim during the rest of the year. Today the students were split into two groups. One was with Billy swimming in a line while towing each other against the current and one group with me kayaking also against the current and capsizing. The water did not like them much today.

Edwin Chan
Today is our third and last day of our water sport day. We separated into two teams, one for man overboard challenge and capsizing. The man overboard challenge was to swim from the drop off point to the Canada flag pole. The distance for that is about 2km and it should take about 2 hours to finish. As for the capsize lesson it basically took about an hour to finish if we don’t rush. In the morning I was with the capsizing team and it was pretty funny how the students couldn’t get back on to their kayak or how they got on just to fall over again. In the afternoon we did the man overboard challenge and it took the team about 2 hour 30 min to reach the destination there wasn’t anything special about it so I guess that’s all now. Have fun.

Alex
Finally, All water sports finish, today’s finally challenge was the 1 point something km swim, good experients for me, good teamwork. I need to take a rest now.

Kelvin Pan
Today was all changlenging work and good food. Can’t wait for efiquette tomorrow.

Jenn Wang
I almost cried over my oatmeal this morning. Billy read out some messages on the blog to us at breakfast. I grinned to myself as people perked up a little from their drowsiness to listen up as well. At the time, I was also glowering at the heaping portion of oatmeal on my plate thinking that I wouldn’t be able to finish it. That’s when I heard my name, I was pulled out of my own thoughts at that point and looked away from the horror that was on my plate. Those words make me tear up, Justin. It feels amazing to know that you think that of me; I’m so honoured.  Thank you so much for the wake up call – your captain here really needed it.
I had time to think over those words as I powered my way through what was left of my oatmeal (when I looked back down at plate, it really wasn’t that much!), and as I was on the Zodiac on the way out on the lake. The more I thought on those words, the more positivity was generated. I would say that those words made my day, and even though they did, that would almost be insulting because those are words to live by. Thank you Justin, you’ve taught me lots and still continue to do so.

Bing
今天很累因為去游泳,十分累。游了1.8公里,兩個小時,十分累。

Rex Lee
Today was a challenging day. In the morning we went to kaykaing and learn what to do if your kanou or kayka filps over. Then In the afternoon Billy took us to the lake and ask us to swim 2 km back to shore. However there was a problem because we need to swim against the current, this make us use more energy then the other team who swam in the morning. Therefor we swam 3 km until we reach land.
In this swimming challenge I learn thun, one person can swim faster. Although a whole team need more time to swim, a team can travel a longer distance. Because each person in the team can motivate each other.
All in all I had a fun day and learn team work is important.

Ava
Exhausted! BUT REALLY COOL! I am cold and shivering, I enjoy though! I can’t believe myself can swim that far! I am sure I can face more challenges… well but that is enough for now!

Terry
Today we had a really fun day and also the last day to have water sports. We split in two teams and do different things in different time. I am in the second team. In the morning we go kayaking and canoeing. Most importantly, I have most of the time spent on the canoe as the people in the kayaks don’t want to get off so I become a canoe player today. Finally when I get on a kayak, what’s coming on is capsizing. That’s what we need to flip over our kayak, and then clap the kayak triple times and finally flipped it back. After a fast lunch, we switch with the first team and get on the boat preparing for a long swim. As we are against the wind, we work so hard and it rewarded us so less. We swam 2 hours for 1.8 km, while it’s actually 3km when there is no wind affecting us. While we are swimming, our team meet with some problem. It’s hard to overcome the team problem among us, but at last we success. I feel so good for our team is giving out so much effort for today’s swim and they try so hard even though we are so much weaker than the first group and also staying in a worse situation.

Nicola
Today I did man overboard drills with my group. We had a difficult challenge to accomplish that involved teamwork. Terry was an excellent leader today. He kept yelling one two one two even though he started having a soar throat. He is such a true leader. Keep it up Terry! Mon, Dad, Yaura, Duris, eat full and dress warm. Tomorrow’s etiquette yay!!

Alvin Au
今天全天都是在水活動,雖然我沒份參與但是我在陸地上幫我已經覺得非常滿足,又有了一個美好的晚上和晚餐。
今天學會了很多東西。

Shirley
超累的一天!先是坐快艇到湖中央,然後游一點多公里到岸上。7個人一起,一個拉着一個背游。因為我不會游泳,所以大家把我安排到最後一個,所以我不用再拉其他人。只要蹬腿就可以了。雖然只需要蹬蹬腿,但是游到3分之1的地方也開始沒了力氣,好不容易游了回來,吃完了中飯又睡了一會兒,又要上路了。第二輪的任務是划船,然後推翻,再爬回來,難度系數小多了!今天真是遇難日,先是輪流跳船,又是流翻船。
晒了一天,臉上火辣辣的,好疼啊!不過明天就不用下水了!!!

Max
Today is Day 12, we ate a yummy breakfast – rice crispy porridge! It is my favorite! Today was the most difficult challenge of swimming crazy! At first, we separate into two groups. Next, I ride on conoe with my teammates. I crash the grass for three time, but the instructors tought us how to drive the conoe correctly so I know how to stay aware from the grass. After I finished canoeing, we started to do swimming challenge. We had to swim for 3 km to get the flag from a island. We pull each other with our strong strength, we had to pull 8 people in full power! I am at the back of the line, I have to kick as hard as I can to move team forward. I was quite tired. Today was terrifying, but it’s a good challendge. It’s time to sleep!

Ryan Liang
今天是来到Monticle的第12天。今天我们所有的挑战和体力活动都结束了,这个萤也快结束了,北京时间算的话明天我要开学了。今早没有PT,因为要挑战2km游泳,我们在昨天分好了组,我们组早上游,七个人一排拉着救生衣,喊着口号,中间竟时不时被我们找到陆地,走了四百多米,两小时后,我们经过2.2km终于到了,下午我们一直在划船和学习被翻船后怎么办,于是今天结束了。

Tom
今天同樣十分開心,因為在下午4:30時,我們便完成了大部份的訓練,朋友們之間的關係也越來越好,更有的以兄弟相稱!而且我在最終考驗中學會了能力分配,雖然我不會游水,但我們可以主動地擔當“旗手”,大聲地喊著{一、二},以發揮我們集中的力量!

Christopher
部相機兩日冇新相了,冇得同容小姐分享呢個camp最好玩嘅兩日……
今日游拖住幾個人游左2k,冇感覺,只感覺對腳不屬於我!
postcard系唯一嘅方法,可以令我舒服D
仲有兩日炸,好快好快!
 聽日要著西裝了,容小姐,收相吧!<3 span="">:)
呢度個日落更甚大理:) 但系,只得我一個人。。。

Maggie Tin
-不可思議的一天,喜、怒、哀、肅隨時間輪轉
-無盡、空曠、漂流

Jason Wang
                Today was a very fun day. We started the day off at 0800 with just breakfast as there was no PT, and for good reason too. That reason was that today was filled with other physical activities such as the 2-3 km long “man overboard”/ “dragon” swim where the individuals in the team had to swim backwards while holding the life jacket of the individual in front of them and capsize training. In the morning I was part of the swimming group as a safety swimmer which helped guide the swimmers along and watched for any dangers or other safety hazards. In the afternoon I was put on land to help watch HQ, during that time I had a nice talk with the neighbour of Muskey’s. He was quite upset as the novice students that were in the water were on his lake side property and damaged some of it as they, while paddling, were being blown in by the wind. But besides that, he was quite friendly and nice, giving advice about the surrounding area and his life stories. Today was very eventful, hopefully tomorrow will be the same.

Ryan Hoang
Today I accomplished a feat that I was unable to do before. That feat was to swim along lake Huron dragon style. It was a very fun but exhilarating too. After that I was tasked to eeay on land so it was pretty relaxing after the challenge. Currently I am worried about tomorrow. This is because my formal suit was let in the closet and I hope I can still go to etiquette.

Maggie Pan
Today was the most tiring days ever. Today our group of 8 swam about 2 km. It was really tiring but our group was pretty strong. I loved how everyone coped with everyone and how nobody fought with each other. But what I loved most was that nobody complained and when somebody was tired, everybody switched and in the end we got to the flag pole. I feel that everybody (including Billy and the other team) deserves a round of applause for doing such an awesome job. I’m sure gonna eat a lot at dinner. Today was tiring , but tomorrow is going to be fun! Tomorrow is etiquette! Etiquette training in Group A was so much fun & the food was fabulous, so hopefully this etiquette is as fun as the first.

Moon
把骨和肉揉起来,是人,而人流出血、汗和泪,而把血、汗和泪揉起来,就是成功。在今天传说中会累倒哭的训练中,我们成功了!
今天的训练依旧是游泳,不过,是最后一次,也是最难的一次,所以,就把这当成期末考试吧。如果让别人来进行这项训练,即使是游泳健将,也会觉得棘手吧。这项训练,与皮筏艇相似,是团队进行,需要同伴之间相互熟悉,而且非常有默契,甚至从对方的一个手势中就甚至从对方的一个手势中就知道该做什么。只是,我们既没有桨,也没有船。
这几天,我们这些战士们一起吃饭,一起喝水,一起就寝,无论干什么都形影不离,在短时间内,培养出了惊人的默契。所以这八个人一起进行的仰泳两千米,便不成什么难事了,大约两个小时,我们便完成了全部。
“团结就是力量”、“三个臭皮匠,顶个诸葛亮”、“双拳难敌四手”、“好汉架不住人多”……这些话无不证明着集体的力量,我想,应该在我们人生路上的行囊中再添一样东西了。

Cheung Edwin
 Today, was the second last day, our program, I spend the first half of the time on shore make lunch, make sure everything is all right. Later, we went to boat for a 2km swim. It all right! Just fun! Later, we went and wash the boat.

XuanZi
     今日是潜水的最后一日我们一大早就出去了,是由7个人组成一对互相拉着对方又到对岸,一路上真是太艰辛了,我被他们拖着游泳强了好多好多的水,我已经快站在崩溃的边缘了。下午的时候我们玩了独木舟我不停地画,好累啊!!!



























































































No comments:

Post a Comment