Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Bravo Group - Day 10



Aug 21 – Day 10
Today is the start of water activities. We started off the day with some light PT stretches and a walk to the local LCBO and back for breakfast. After breakfast, we went into our cabins to clean up for room inspections. We were then split into three groups. One for basic First Aid and CPR/AED lesson; one for a lesson on K1 kayak building; and one went out on the Zodiac and had man-overboard drills. We had three leaderships unable to get into the water because they got sick. They learned that it is important to constantly stay hydrated (with water). It was a tiring day. Some enjoyed the lessons. Some find the lessons boring. On land and on water. Through the man overboard drills, many of us conquered our fears today when we trusted ourselves and fell backwards into the water. Tomorrow will be a day of kayaking, however there might be a storm coming. Fingers crossed that it not rain (too badly) tomorrow.

Edwin Cheung
Today we have a lot work to do. We need to teach them first aid. How to build K1 and to man over board drill. I was not sick and my health was alright. Everything is fine. I am good. Miss you mom and dad from Edwin Cheung.

Nicola Huang
Today was rotation day. There was first aid kit section, a K1 section, and a section where you go out on the lake with Billy for the water drills. I refreshed my memory and gained more skills on first aid kit and, CPR, & AED today by helping out on that section, Lemuel. Everyone’s tired today. Especially the hard working leader. I believe because of the little rest they got last night due to planning, and the energy they gave out before, 12 today everyone’s in a gloomy mood. Some forces a smile to not let other wrongs about them, some just became grumpy verbally. I’m upset seeing the fact how they are all sick and extremely tired. I don’t mind their attitude that they might accidentally give out due to the little rest, but I wish I can share there sickness so it is not to hard for them. They are all like a family to me. They are all like brother and sister to me. They all treat me so well, and I think they are all my treasure. I wish as a little sister, I can help them heal, it hurts for me to watch their fever grow and their cough louder. Mom, dad I an not contaminated don’t worry. I will see you for very very soon. Eh… Triumph in the skies! Mom, Dad yaura and Doris, eat full snd dress warm. I miss you all a loot!! :) So sad, today’s day 10. 4 more days… why does time HAVE to fly.

Ryan Hoang
Today was a very dry day. It started off very interesting with Chris apparently French kissing his tooth brush. After that were some stretches and a walk to the LCBO and on Indian run back. When we did another stretch and began to teach some lesson. The lesson were first aid , kayaking and man overboard drills.

Jennifer
I’ve had so much water today and I feel so sick of it. Why did I have so much water? Because I’m sick and my blood is to thick. Billy took the temperature and blood pressure of all of the leaderships that were sick(ish) to see if we were okay to go on the water today. Three of us did not pass the physical exam: my brother, Edwin Chan, and myself. We were told to get some rest and lots of water, and if our conditions improve tomorrow, we can go out on the water then. So for today, I took out my frustration by chugging water tightening straps on peoples life jackets, being a very good unconscious victim for Lem’s first aid class, and napping aggressively in creative positions.  My conclusion? There is no comfortable way to sleep on any combination of lawn chairs—a simple tarp in a shady area is best. I’ll continue to chug.

JJ
Today was such a quick day. Perhaps it is because I was allowed a nap due to my medical condition and because there were enough leadership members to teach. Well, we were divided into three teams. One which performed water tests and man over board drills, on which learned K1 kayak set ups and one group which learned first aid and CPR. The water activities were led by Billy and Calvin, first aid by Lemuel and K1 assembly was led by myself, Alvin and Ryan H. Well, kayak assembly was sort of led by us as Alvin and I did most of the assembly and teaching while Ryan helped with extra kayak related lectures until I went for my nap, where he took over the teaching. That kayak, which he was tasked with assembling, after 2 hours is still being assembled as he decided to assemble it alone. Brilliant.

Maggie Pan
Today was a pretty tiring, but educational day (and fun.). It also is pretty sad because if you had a fever, (which some of the leaderships had, the students didnt) you coudlnt go into the water. The only leaderships in the water were Peggy & Calvin. Today’s day was separated into 3 different groups (kind of). One group was CPR, one was the kayaks, and the last one was the Man Over Board drills. My first activity was the CPR. Then it was the Man Over Board drills, which were a little bit cold, and tiring, but still fun. Overall, today I gained some more “skill” at CPRing and learned how to do Man Over Board.

Kelvin Pan
Today was the day we start the water activities we suit up, prepared the Boat and set sail. Since I didn’t have a Wetsuit I borrowed it from my Buddy Tom. So when we setted the sail, we went about 10 km, after we set the anchor and we droped to the lake, however Shirley was very scared of water or the fear of heights. So eventually Shirley finally Juned onto the water and I was happy for her :). So while we were coming back to Muskey’s we hit some high waves it made us bounce a lot :) really fun I love how tom’s wetsuit didn’t fail me in Alpha camp my suit killed me due to the cold. So after we ate delicious lunch made by billy and my buddies :). Then I wrote my blog Alex and Ava told me to deliver their’s. So I am typing tonight. So lemuel and Ryan did their lecture so far Ryan is STILL working on the K1 for an hour now.

Edwin Chan
Today was the first water day of the camp. This morning billy checked 4 leadership to see if we are allowed to go into the water, but unfortunately JJ, Jenn, and I had a fever of 37 and 37.5°. Instead we helped on land with CPR/AED, first aid & K1 building. After we finished lunch the 3 of us took a afternoon nap until the second group return from their man over board drills. that's all have fun.

Max
Today is Day 10, we ate chiken noodles for breakfast. I slept good, I do clean up with my buddy after waking up, I followed his order to clean up the room, so when it is room inspection, Billy can see that our entire room is totally clean. Afer we clean up our room, we went out our room to strench for a while. we follow lemill, calvin and JJ bring us for a walk before breakfast, when we come back, the breakfast is already done. Yummy! I like it. We have to divide to three groups, one group is get into the water to have water challenge, one group is learn first aid, the last group is learning how to build a kayak. Everyone is in different order. When I got into the water, it was cold at first. My mom just brought a short sleeves wetsuit. It was freezing cold, I should tell my mom to bring a long sleeves wet-suit, otherwise I will catch cold next time. I was warm after twenty seconds. It was so fun and cool in the water. we have two tasks! The first task is swim around the boat for two rounds, the second task is swim for 300m to go to the shore to get some sand and swim back, but remember don’t drop any sand when you are swimming! It was quite difficult, because when you swim the sand will fall. I love the challenge today. Tommorow will probaly ride kayaks and do backstrokes, I will be lots of fun too. I can learn how to ride a kayak too!

Ava Ho
                Having fun in the lake! Really sunny, so I must have got tanned. But though, it is cool! Hope tomorrow will be less sunny.

Alex
                Today was a really nice day , we cvere having fun and enjoying the water! Cool! TMR will be better !!!!!!!!!!!!!
               
                Calvin Su
                Today was fill with water, water and more water. For most of it was very cold experience. Many kept complaining about the water temperature, but all adapted to the temperature. It was a very good experience for them and non of them gave up during the drills. I also enjoined the water very much, but I think my cough worsened a bit. I am very surprised I didn’t got sea sick either. They also started the KI leaders since if might fain tomorrow.

Rex Lee
                Today was a great day. First after breakfast, Billy took me and my friends to the lake and did Man Over Board Drill. Basically this means you are training for an accident like when you fell out of the boat. It was fun and exciting. Then after lunch we learn first aid, this lesson helped me to refresh the things I learn one year ago. Finally I learn how to build a kayak.
                Today I had a fun day and I look forward at tomorrow’s adventure.

Lemuel
                I believed that today may be one of my toughest test ever; because today, I was responsible for teaching First Aid. Since it was my first time teaching a proper class. Although the subject was important it was also fairly dry. Part of that dryness, I feel was because I wasn’t that of a teacher. However, I felt that I did a good job in teaching them since they seem to be enjoying themselves by the end with the medic boards. The students rotated as groups and also did assembly for he KI and man overboard drills, but it got fairly boring the same cores multiple times. But I see that this was an important lesson for me as well.

Terry
                IT was the first time that I so hate the people who knows how to swim. Today we have to swim so long and grab some sand and swim back. As I don’t know how to swim, it was like holy beep.( I don’t swear, I  am not Chris or Jenn )  Beep. When I am beep swimming,. I got my leg cramp at least twice, both legs. Also I am the last person to get to the beach to get some sand. Beep, I just wait for the beach to come.

Tom
        今天都十分開心,感謝朋友一路上的幫助,早上學急救,下午出去游泳,但我並不覺得自己是在游泳,更像在海上漂浮,感覺又經歷了一回生死,雖然穿上了最重要的救生衣,但也就因此不能使用我唯一會的自由式最後只能用背泳,飄了良久,看來我的游泳技術真的有待加強,不過在這一段經歷中我悟道了儘管去向不明,有風有浪,但只要有信念,堅持便能達到目標!!!!!:) :)

Shirley
自从来到Monticle从后,各种极限(对于我来说)都在挑战,我恐高,昨天便在空中玩各种攀爬的东西,我怕水,然后今天就让我下水,真的快把我逼疯了!
我一直对买潜水服很好奇,难道是要潜水?今天我才知道这只是为了游泳时保暖的。全副武装之后,看得最清楚,一道道浪打过来的时候,都要颤抖一下,然后不停地上下上下左右左右,我们不得不紧紧地Holp住把手。
当快艇停在一个地方后,Billy教我们站在船边,背着倒下去,所有人都在安慰我。可是我依然不下去,我很相信帮助我的人,很相信身上那件救生衣,也相信头上那项戴上会摇摇晃晃的安全帽。我只是不相信自己,我怕我下去后会呛水然后上不来。最后,Billy把我推了下去……
我真的很感谢今天两个在我旁边教我游泳的KE.和不停鼓励我的PA(名字简写),其他人也很感谢他们,不仅没有瞧不起我这个胆小鬼,而且还给我勇气!

Bing
今天我们去游泳,Billy开船,一开始问我现在船速是不是像爬一样慢,我说是。不一会驶离了岸边,就开始加速了不时还有大浪,我们都跳起来了。
我们到了指定的地方,双手抱在胸前,不呼吸然后就跳了下去,湖水并不是十分的冷,我们两个人一组围着船游了两圈,然后四个人游了两圈。接着Billy让我们游到岸边捡一把沙子回来,游到过去我已经有一点累了。随后把沙子放在鞋子里带回去,可以回到去的时候,鞋子里的沙子已经还剩下一点了,我们在水里等队友回来,因为这是一个团队,要一齐上船,回到去我们已经没力气了,洗了澡在等饭吃。

Xuan Zi
今日,我早上学会了急救,吃了顿饭,休息了一会,我就开始和大家下游艇准备去河里游泳。刚下水的时候挺冷的,后来游着游着就变热了,我们围着游艇游了一会,然后Billy说叫我们去对岸拿一把沙子回来就有奖励,我们就开始努力往对岸沙滩游去……明天我们又会下水,但我不知道干嘛~

Christopher
第一次坐艇出“海”,啲風吹埋黎好舒服,但亦好快吹到塊面乾曬。
系水度玩左成個中,好舒服,亦好支力,多謝Ryan BUDDYWET SUIT
急救,砌艇,落水,劈柴!手起繭,今日真心爆計! BUT Also funny
容小姐吾洗擔心我,亦吾好羡慕,因為您吾適合落水,啲水真系好西凍,著左WET SUIT都覺得領野!
掛住安德魯or+D葡撻ar!識做啦!?^^
BTW,原來TERRY BUDDY都係駙馬爺,真心笑左!
連日黎嘅暴曬,黑左好多!凡你能相信,我一定有過之而無不及,做定心裡準備阿!
仲有100個中吾到就要同我啲BUDDY暫時say bye!開心嘅系亦都仲有100個中吾到就可以同容小姐吹水!<3 span="">
煩死你!!!!!!

Maggie Tin
-今天在湖裡游泳
-湖水比想象中乾淨,冰爽
-船救生衣游泳很新奇
-整體說很不錯
-坐快艇最後好玩

Ryan Liang
今天是來到Monticle的帝釋天。還有4天我就開學了,但完全沉浸在這裡。今天我們分為三部份不同順序的進行火凍。我和四個人是先學急救,再下水,再學袋船。急救的講師是Lme,我們沒人的對著亦嘅模擬人形進行與模擬。我一直對這些很感興趣,也許是因為以後想學醫吧,著不放學習果然沒有讓我失望,大有所獲,很滿足。午飯后我們就下水,我們要先坐船,坐上那艘快艇,扶著兩邊,船開始加速起來,遇到波濤起伏便隨船搖擺,讓我想起了暑假開始時和同學們在海南玩,坐快艇,就這種感覺。一下水時有點冷,我們先繞船游了幾圈,然後Billy給了我們一個挑戰,遊到另一個對岸,300米,捉把沙,再游回來。路上300米不算什麽,水上就累了,而且感覺游不去。好不容易到了對岸又不知道怎麼把沙拿回去,後來和Alex組成雙引擎總算游回去了。
現在坐在床上,聽著音樂,寫著Blog……

Alvin
今天我們開始下水,也分開了三個小組,分別有教如何砌K1,CPR和出海。
我負責教如何砌K1,雖然今天我沒做甚麼特別的東西,但是我覺得教到人覺得非常好。
希望之後繼續亨受這個camp

Moon
万物皆有灵,早上起来,我感觉到了太阳的气息,是温暖、明亮的;躺在地上,感受着大地的呼吸,是朴实、是淳厚的;坐在草坪上,感觉着草的生命,是鲜活,是旺盛的。着一切的一切,都是大自然的创造。
今天上午,我们见证了一艘皮筏艇的诞生,虽然我们并没有参与,但这节课是很有意义的,我们不但学会了拼装皮艇,还了解了这东西的历史。相信不久之后,我么就将坐上它,摇起船桨,乘风破浪!
坐在餐桌上,吃着可口的烩饭,太阳高照,散布了酷热;凉风习习,吹动了树梢;树影摇曳,洒下了荫凉,不过,之后的事情,可不想吃饭时这样自由自在无忧无虑。
新乐章的主奏开始了,今天下午,我们要去水中修行。乘着快艇,飞速前进,强大的空气阻力令我呼吸困难,甚至睁不开眼睛,于是我只好背过头去,让我的背承受风压。我也看不了前方的景色,只得看船在背后掀起的波浪。但若是从远处看去,定是蓝波上开出的白花了。
到达目的地,我们用很粗暴的方式下水,近似于卧倒,只不过就是背着地,溅起很大的水花,之后,两两组队,绕着船游泳,这只是为了热身,真正的挑战现在才开始。Billy下达命令,游到岸边,带回一把沙子。
游泳不成问题,问题在于时间和如何带回沙子。好在当我们游上岸时,被告知我们有45分钟时间返回,于是,这些问题都迎刃而解了。我们也就很快完成了。
回到Billy身边,Billy让我躺在水上放松身体,看看会有什么感觉。
我躺在水上,耳朵也浸入了水,倾听水的诉说,汩汩……水,在冬天是冰冷的,在夏天是清凉的,同样是冷,但带给人的感觉却截然不同;有时是汹涌的,有时是温柔的,水就是这样变化无常,而且还是生命构成必不可少的一部分。大自然的创造,真神奇啊。
今天的夕阳是朦胧的,太阳躲在云里,等到降下去时,在云中只有一条缝依稀可见。日落而息吧。

















































































































4 comments:

  1. Dear Edwin (Cheung)
    Glad to learn that you stay well.
    Please take care, dress warm and drink more.
    Thank you Billy for the opportunity !
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Max! I thought Billy would lend a long sleeve wet suit to you. Actually, you should thank aunt Samantha (Michael F.'s mum) for this. Well.....maybe this short sleeve one to make you become stronger! Hehe!!! I am sure you love to have and enjoy all those water activities.

    Love,

    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. xuan zi Bing
    你们远行也带上狗狗? 水上活动对你们来讲没难度吧 见你们玩得几开心又刺激 不象游水 似水上飘 学急救这课题不错 见你们的食物怪怪的 啥东东
    对啦 我第=晩用2张粘鼠胶一举捕获3只小鼠 够难度吧 但房间还有味度 睡不了

    ReplyDelete
  4. Billy老师那锅是啥 在炒盐巴吗

    ReplyDelete