Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 32 - Michael's Final Day - LASER TAG!














Michael
This is the last whole day in Canada, so all other class mates organized me a laser tag day! I just almost passed out because I am just so bad at night vision... But anyway, I found out different certain tactics that could be applied in laser tag, and it's quite fun actually.
Besides, in the morning, we altogether watched a movie called 'Let the Bullets fly', the Chinese movie which we watched half before during the kayak camp with Jennifer and Michelle. Later on, probably during dinner, I will review this movie with Billy and Vingi and browse around the messages brought by the film. Hopefully, I can watch more movies and do some sharing before I leave. Thank you everybody for spending your day with me playing laser tag and watching movies :) Next time, I will probably play paintball with you guys!!!!
After the laser tag, Alastair just told me that he's going for his first attempt on the coming Friday, so good luck Alastair and Jerome!! I helped you guys check the weather forecast, and it’s good except a little bit chance of rain .
I didn’t really want to type much today because I almost passed out after the interview during midnight and just had 2 hours of sleep (I couldn’t sleep for the first hour -.-), but still I want to save some more energy to watch movies tonight. Hopefully I could eat fast and simple and then have more time to watch!!!! See you probably three years later!!!

Anthony Leung
MICHAEL IS LEAVING, NOOOOO!! Michael’s enhancement training ended and is leaving tomorrow for the airport. It has been 2 months since I’ve met Michael and time really flys when you are having fun. Unfortunately, he will not be returning next year because he is visiting the rest of china. Small Edwin is also leaving for china next week and Big Edwin is going to Robartland Academy. Despite all the tears that will be shed or held in, Lastertag was AWESOME! It was soooo funand all of us were sweating.

Edwin Lo 
Today is the funny day. I woke up at seven o’clock. Then I went to Monticle to clean up and ate the breakfast. After, I watched a movie the movie call Let The Bullets Fly. Then, I ate my lunch. After this, I went to play the Laser gun. 

Jason Wong
This morning we watched a Chinese movie called “Let the bullets fly”. Then after lunch we went to laser quest, we played three games. Each game was twenty minutes. I had fun of laserquest.

Edwin Cheung
Today I have fun day. In the morning we clean up the office. Afterword, we watch a movie call “Let the bullet fly”. Then we ate some left over food from last day BBQ party. Then we went to “LASERQUEST” for sometime. We shot each other. Today is Michael Last day he is sign his name in k2. I will be Robert Land for 4 year. I will do what I need to to do to gain what I need. That education…Miss you mom and Dad. Be happy. I wish myself good luck.

Alastair
Today is the official last day of the Me3 enhancement program, the actual last day was a few days beforehand. I will be going with Michael to the airport tomorrow. We went to Laserquest, and I ended with the highest score out of the whole Monticle team, scoring second on that game. Most of Michael’s nicknames in the game had something to do with Kayaking…

Calvin

Today we watched a movie in the morning and played lasertag in the afternoon. Today marks the last day I will be able to see Michael until next year. It is also the ending of Michael and Edwins enhancement training. I will not be able to see Michael off at the airport. I will at least get a chance on Monday to see Edwin off at Robert Land.

3 comments:

  1. 年僅15歲的香港少年馮紀立,上月遠赴加拿大參加領袖訓練,成功創下兩個挑戰極限的壯舉,包括30小時內行畢156公里勇闖尼亞加拉大瀑布之旅,並破紀錄於不足8小時內划艇橫越安大略湖。一度只顧讀書的他說,創出紀錄全憑意志及訓練培養出的自信,希望明年再接再厲創下更多壯舉。

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hong Kong Student Breaks Record in Canada

    15-year old Michael Fung likes to challenge himself. Last month he came to Canada for a leadership training program and recently successfully set two incredible records including a 156 km walk in 30 hours from Richmond Hill, to Niagara Falls, and also kayaking across Lake Ontario under 8 hours. With study and academics as his main focus in the past, he was able to set new records due to his mental endurance, training and development, and increased confidence. Hopefully next year he will be able to do more challenges.

    The new semester in grade 10 at the Diocesan Boys’ School is about to begin. As a student of the school, Michael has outstanding academic standing, is passionate about music, and is a performance level violinist who did little exercise in the past. Last year was his first time in Canada for the leadership program at Monticle Leadership Association. With encouragement from the instructor, Michael began his routine of running 10 km every other morning, and joined swimming and other sports.

    A year of training turned him into a new person. Michael arrived in Canada again in July for more training. With five students, a combination of Hong Kong and local Canadian students, Michael embarked on the walking challenge to Niagara Falls, completing 156 km in 30 hours, and setting a new record for Monticle as a team. Michael recalls “at the beginning of the walk, there was a huge thunderstorm. It was hard to move forward. Our feet got wet and it was easy to get blisters.” The most difficult part was at the end where he almost twisted his ankle due to eagerness, but used his mental endurance to suppress any painful feelings.

    Breaking another record for Monticle, Michael and Chief Instructor Billy Lui used a 2-man Feathercraft kayak to cross Lake Ontario, a total of 50 km in 7 hours and 55 minutes, while the average time takes 13 hours. Michael recalls “we picked the center line, where there are no boats and no shorelines. We cannot give up. The only option is to move forward.” This challenge changed his outlook on life, and made him understand himself more. Hopefully he will be able to return next year for the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete