Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 16 - Teaching NYCCC and Kayak Safety



























































Edwin Cheung:
Today I did P.T. for 10-15 min. We did 2 set of suicide test for Robert Land request 6 sets. I still have a ong way to go. If my education is not good, my physical got to be good. One way or another. I know that this is the only school that take me. I just need to not think about it the Robert Land request 6 set of suicide. I just need to train more on physical and mind. I know that I can do much more. I just need to not give up. To make someone do something they don’t like and give them what they need. That’s how you train people like me. The next thing I have to do is build the K2. When I build theK2 we went through a lot of mistakes over time. I learn that in like you make a lot of mistakes, you have to learn from it, and if you do it the right way the first time, you won’t have that much problems. In the afternoon, we went to a church, I see a lot of kids. I took pictures. they were very noisy. We did a power-point about risk management. We did our best. After we went to church we went back to office we did the blog. Tomorrow we will go to cherry beach and have a good kayak

Jason:
Today we helped micheal build another K2 because we need it for the practicing for trip this coming weekend, which took most of the morning. After lunch we exept micheal went to a Chinese chrisian church to teach the risk management (which I did). The kids were very loud, and very hyper. We had to yell at them to keep them quiet. After the lesson we dod come pushups, they can’t really do many pushups so we just did 10

Michael:

Beginning with a raint morning, we started our P.T. (kind of crazy) at 6:10, with both Edwin’s “why is it crazy?”, Its because we did a crazy P.T. called suicide, or homicide, if led by an instructor. Its kind of a quick run, 10 to 15 metres per round, running back and forth, going non-stop while doing each round for 5 sec (in 2 min)/4 sec (in 5 min)/ 3 sec (in one min), followed my 30 pushups/ 20 pushups/ 10 pushups- and it’s called one set. Only one set! For Robert Land academy, (Edwin’s school) , doing 6 sets is a standard morning P.T., according to Billy. If you can’t do it you will get no breakfast. Imagine, Billy said he could only do it for 3 minutes continuously. So….
Well not counting it as suicide, you can do it with a technique- accelerate until half, then slowdown and brake. If you make full accelerate, guess what, you will need more energy to do brake. This wil drill you even harder, that’s what called suicide. Unfortunately, the kayak assemble’s killing me too! I don’t know why, but I spent 3 hours to assemble the K2. really far from the standard. It’s probably because we made a lot of mistakes in the beginning, and some people were not helping or not fully dedicated, so I think overall, I need more experience, and at the same time, make everybody helping. (or I should build more muscles to get more strength from the joints.) hopefully, I could learn some techniques from Billy later about kayak assembling.
Then, the other kids went to NYCC Church to give lectures, and I assisted Billy to deliver a lecture about kayak safety to four newcomers: Jerou, Samantha, Janice, and Jeremy. Luckily, they all got pass in the test, se we are all going tomorrow!! Well what I want to say is actually what I”ve learned from Billy, showmanship, or surviving by improvising according to specific conditions. Its kind of hard to learn from him, but at least, he could be able to demonstrate well to me , and I could be able to take reference from his improvising skills. Well, that’s good… Even though, I want to learn more from Billy, especially kayak-assembly and tactics in your life.

Edwin Lo 
I woke up at five o’clock. Then, I went to Billy’s house to eat breakfast. I drink strawberry (It was not a really breakfast.). After, I rode on Billy’s to go to H.Q. Then, I did ten fifteen min p.t. The name of the p.t. is suicide. After that, I went to clean up the H.Q. After finish to clean up the H.Q., I ate my breakfast. I ate two bread for my breakfast. Then, I finish the breakfast I went to the training area to build the k2 for tomorrow to go to play the kayak. in time, I give Edwin (the big one) to sit on my head and I got hurt . After lunch, I went to church at one o’clock. Then, I have a lesson with the children I the church, but they were very naughty, so I needed to tell them to back to their seat. After finishing the lesson I had a p.t, many children are did not like to do the p.t. then, I went back to H.Q when I was finished. At the car, Jason always said the song was very horrible, but I think the song was very very good. I was very tired. 

Alastair Yu

Today started out fine, we assembled the k2 expedition in preparation for tomorrow, and I helped, a lot… anyways, we went to NYCCC to teach some kids safety and risk management. A lot of them are extremely hard to control, and I have a feeling that Anderson will have fun trying to make them behave. I believe the problem starts from the helpers, however. They need to be more firm with the kids, instead of letting them run wild. On a side note, since they’re going to Centre Island, we may see them tomorrow, because we’re paddling there.

No comments:

Post a Comment