Monday, July 1, 2013

Me3 Foundations – Alpha Group Day 3

Monday, July 01, 2013
Day 3
Happy Canada’s Day everyone! Today is a rather chilly day. We started this morning with some stretching after which everyone got into their groups (with leaders in another group) and we sang the national anthem. Only the Canadian students sang since they know the song. Once that was done, the groups were dismissed to clean up their cabins and rooms for room inspection. Every room was fairly clean with only a few minor issues. Alpha group was the cleanest because they even cleaned the floor. The students separated into a boys group and a girls group and set up two tents. The rest of the day consisted of a lesson on CPR and AED, ending with a test. Everybody passed! After that, the students were taught how to hand-wash their own clothes. Dinner resulted in a lot of wasted food and as a result, all of the instructors, leaderships and most of the students ate a spoonful of the wasted food that was thrown in the bucket. It was a team effort that the food was finished and everyone learned to never waste food. We also welcomed another new student today! It will be another fun day tomorrow as we are going to Niagara Falls!

Tiffany Ng
Drills, saving people, first aid, and basic medication knowledge. I revised my CPR skills, AED techniques, I had to admit, I was rusty. We did many scenarios and demonstrations including me being an unconscious casualty for demonstrations. Today was mainly about safety just to prep us for future activities. Mom, if you’re reading this, please be satisfied. I leant handwash clothing! That’s it for now. Peace.

Rita
Today was Canada Day, so we started the day by singing. Today, we learned about CPR and AED. It was an all-day lesson, so Billy tested us on CPR and AED at the end of the day. Today was also laundry day, so we did our laundry. We were given four buckets to wash our clothes in. It was the second time I ever washed my own clothes.

Chin Ho
Today was a really awesome today, because I had time to spend with Pompey. Pompey was the reason because why I passed my first aid test. My leader finally understaned me and became less douche. Overall, my leader is the best and I believe that she would lead me to a better place.

Nestor
Today we had a test of cpr and I have to say I was scared!

Maggie
Today the Delta girls woke up at 6:30 as usual. After breakfast, we had room inspections and PT. Then we learned about CPR and we got mannequis to practice on. Then we had lunch. After lunch we learned about AED. Billy had us go in to groups and tested us. I was freaking out because I thought I was going to fail. Anyway, now we are about to have dinner.

Kaysha Lam
After breakfast and room inspections, we did some physical training. Lectures were given on first aid, CPR and AED. We had to try those out on mannequins. There was also a test on CPR and AED. Laundry was cleaned. Then we had free time.

Elvin
Today we had a skillful session on life saving procedures, including heart revival and emergency improvisation. Our chief instructor, Billy, showed us with great enthusiasm on the CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) and AED (Automated External Difibulator ) usage and talked about theories and lectures. This is a catalyst for my progress to being a part of this program’s leadership aspect, because I have gained new knowledge which enriched my skills, which can be later transmuted into leadership skill.

Sabrina Tan
It’s Canada Day! And my best friend’s birthday. It was an early morning once again and we started off with room inspections. Breakfast was the leftovers from last night’s dinner featuring a mashed potato based sauce which is especially peculiar to me. All day, we did CPR/AED theory. While we were doing our laundry (with our HANDS) I saw the most grotesque thing I have ever seen. It looked like a cross breed between a slug, caterpillar and millipede.

Nicola Huang
Today at Monticle, we began our first room inspection checked by Calvin and Billy. Then, we learned how to do CPR and how to correctly use the AED. Then, we washed our clothings. Laundry outdoor is just DIFFICULT. Masquito bites everywhere, 8 on MY LEG! Everything is crazy but yet fun. There is so much to learn here at Monticle! I can’t wait for Niagara!

Bridget
We had quite a fun day today. We did PT (physical  education), learning safety, such as CPR (Cardeopumenary risesitation), AED and much more, we were paired with a partner and practiced CPR and AED. At first, I thought it would be hard, but it was actually quite fun, and then, Tess, Naomi and I helped Billy with preparing dinner.

Samson
Today, I have discussed the CPR/AED training. The three disparatable types of ABC’s are Air, breathe and Circulation. Those several topics that I have learned in CPR/AED training are first aid, help and emergency scene management, how to put a casuality scene recovery, CPR (casually patrol reaction and combat stress reaction. This afternoon, I did the CPR/AED training test by luckily I have passed already. Finally, I washed my dirty clothes in the detergent and clean water bucket. However, I have putted my clean clothes in the clothes line outside. I had a big good day!!!

Kevin W
Breakfast, lunch and dinner turned out pretty good, breakfast was left-over spaghetti with some pineapple bread, lunch was rice with omlet and dinner was the same as lunch, Billy taught us CPR and AED test, we pasted. Laundry took place after the test. I am looking forward to day 4(tomorrow) because of Niagra Falls.

Kelvin P
So today I learned A lot of stuffs like how to do CPR and attach the pads of defib to a humen. I also did laundry by myself and special thanks to billy from cooking my delicious food satisfied my stomach.

Ingrid
Seems like you can’t reply it. That is not serious problem. But I want to get my park as soon as possible. You can use we chat and I will know it. Today I felt very happy. Because I past the test of first-Aid. I can able to help people! And today some girls know that I am not good at English. So they  asked me lots of English words. They asked me that if I know the meaning of each word. At first, I felt very sad because I can’t understand the meaning of each word. So I thought it carefully, why I felt sad. And I got the answer, I want to be the best but I can’t. And I think this is the reason why I am not confident with myself. I want to change, But I can’t change it right now. So I will try. And the first step is to believe myself. So you should wait and see.

Meagan
I feel funny!!! HAHAHA!!!!! We are going to learn about AID and First aid and CPR!!!!!
                We learn too much!!! We were practicing and practicing, then we had a test, so we paired up, I was with Rita. AND…. WE PASSED..
                Today was a bit boring. Wish tomorrow better.

Edwin Cheung
Today is a good day. We learn about first-Aids and AED training. To be a good citicene, It is a not really that hard. Me and Elvin have a test on AED and we past.

Fred
Today we did the CPR test. We did all the stuff, and I passed the test!!! I am really looking forwards to go to the Niagara falls tomorrow. Today we also had hot chocolate. It is a terrible brand but is still drinkable.

Eric Lo
Today we learnt First Aid CPR and AED. I actually got an certificate for CPR. CPR was very interesting, you need to press 100 times per min. The board thing was that I sneeze all day long non stopping.

Imaan Hirji
Happy Canada Day! This morning we started with Phisical Training. After that we sang the National Anthem to celebrate Canada Day. Then we ate breakfast. Just after breakfast we had CPR and First Aid training. That took up all morning so then we ate Lunch. Following lunch we went back to CPR and AED(Automated External Defibulator). After Uncle Billy told us that we would have an exam on CPR and if we didn’t pass we wouldn’t get our Monticle certificate and we wouldn’t graduate. I was soooo… nervous because I really wanted to pass. Thankfully, I did pass and I am still on track to graduate. We also learned how to wash our clothes. Now were going to have dinner and its our turn to wash the dishes. Can’t wait for Niagra Falls tomorrow.

Nina
(Charlie Group)
This morning was a special morning! So normally we started the morning with physical training, after, we all sang the National Anthem to celebrate Canada day. Then, we ate breakfast and started our training on CPR and first aid. After our training Billy told us we would have an exam in the afternoon about CPR and first aid. Awhile after, we had a room inspection. After, we did CPR on our mannequins. it was cool! Then, we had lunch. Since we had a change of plan, we learned about automated external difibulator (AED). It was very interesting. We also practiced the difibulator on mannequins. Then, we started the exam with our partner, we passed! After when you were finished the exam, you did your laundry and then you dried it. After doing laundry, we ate supper and then we cleaned the dishes. Later on that day we had a small meeting. Happy Canada day!

Lemuel
July 1st 2013
Woke up early today to re-sling Ethan. Since he’s my responsibility, I have to make sure that his arm is taken care of. Today was also Canada Day which means that we have to sing the Canadian athem, apparently…
Next the separate teams were inspected on their room cleaniness. My team did exceptionally well (even though it took them so long). and was the best in terms of today’s inspection. our reward… being first in line for breakfast. After breakfast, the students were lectured on First aid which lasted til after lunch. They each had to do a test in which the leadership took the opportunity to wash laundry by hand. After some free time, we had Dinner. Unfortunately, some people wasted food and all the leaderships as well as some students each had to take a spoonful of. Pretty dry day so far….

Mireille
Day 3   July 1st, 2013
Today before PT all Canadian sang the National anthem of Canada. During this moment I really feel to be in Canada. After breakfast our team have to clean up we were so slow hahaha. Then we learn CPR and AID. I like it because I think this could be usefull in my life I also play Dauphin Dauphine and children played 2person3 (chinese) chok. In the afternoon we all wash cloths. So excited tomorrow we’ll go to Niagara Falls.

Sabrina Mak
July 1st Monday
This was one of days that I would have never expected. So today, we had a very nerve-wrecking test, which was to do the CPR test. But I pass! When there is someone laying down unconscious, we must have a way to save them. I had learnt a lot about medical emergencies, which made me realized that when most of our Chinese-Asian parents give us Panadol, and any other kind of pills to make us feel better, it actually will not work. (To be very honest of what I had learnt from the instructor)
                But anyways, it was quite interesting to compress the mannequin, when it made a “click” noise. We were also given face shields, which was also for the mannequin.
                The best part of this day was mainly everything, and also we got hot chocolate! It was the most delicious thing I’ve ever had for these past few days. I had fun today, even if it is very educational. And I can’t wait to go to Niagara Falls!

Ethan
Today we ate the “wasted” food as a team… Well most of us did. And we learnt about Emergency First aid. Today was fun overall and I’m looking forward for the days to come.

Tess
July 1, 2013
                Third Day of the Program
Today we had our first room inspection at 7:30 by Billy. Today after breakfast we had some training on first aid and CPR After lunch we did some lectures on AEDS, then we did our CPR and AED test on the manequins specially for training. Everyone passed the test, a huge relief for everyone, then Billy taught us how to do our laundry. Now we’re about to eat dinner, so that’s about it. I was hoping that we would be doing pre-man overboard training again like he said yesterday but oh well! We are going to Niagara Falls tomorrow, and I am totally looking forward to get splashed!

Nathan
Day 3, Today was the worst yet important. We learnt CPU and medic stuff. There was an exam. But I pass!

Julian Ma
Today is the 3rd day of the camp. In the morning, we had morning excersice and leftover (sphaghetti) from yesterday dinner plus hot cocoa, then we started a long course of cpr and medication, we learnt ways to approach sick patient, I drought down loads of note about stuff, for lunch we had sausages n rice, after we had a class on AED, Test on CPR / AED and Laundry, finally I can clean my dirty clothes at the end of the happy day. nilolar scolded me for leaving the face shield alone which kinda ended the day for me, anyways exciting day tomorrow, hiking to niagra falls.

Naomi
1/7/2013
                Today was the day that we learned CPR and AED and also received our license.
                I learned that in order to do CPR, you must be doing compression at a speed of 100 compressions per minute with 2 breaths every 30 compressions. I also learned that you must tilt the head and lift the chin.
                In order to perform AED, you must shock the person and then perform CPR.
                Another thing that we did today was wash laundry by hand. I learned that when washing laundry by hand it doesn’t matter too much about the stains but about the smell. All in all, it was a great day. 

Pompey
1/7 (Mon)
Day 3 in the camp. Finally I got in charge in the PT, Yeah!! But I hope I can do better later. than we have breakfast.
After Breakfast, we have a first-aid class, that’s great. I have a red cross lesson before, then I help student to do the CPR and the AED. This is a good recalling lesson for me to save people in the future.
After lunch they all have their test. ALL PAST!! Great!!. Then we have a terrible dinner, because some of them didn’t finish their own dish. then made a lot of food waste. Almost everyone ate a spoon of the food waste.
Don’t waste Food!!
 































































3 comments:

  1. To Ingrid,
    My baby,so glad to know you're learning new things and helping people. Maybe one day you will realize that "being the best" is not the final goal of life. Knowing how to help others, and having friends to help you, is the most important and happiest thing. Besides, you are always the best in our hearts.
    -Love, Dad & Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was a really awesome today, because I had time to spend with Pompey. Pompey was the reason because why I passed my first aid test. My leader finally understaned me and became less douche. Overall, my leader is the best and I believe that she would lead me to a better place.
    maria b replica first copy ,
    maria b bridal replica ,

    ReplyDelete