Friday, July 12, 2013

Me3 Foundations – Alpha Group Day 14



Friday, July 12, 2013
Day 14
Today’s the last day of Me3 Foundations Alpha Group! Every leadership woke up early to help prepare for breakfast and clean up the camp. We had our final morning PT, which consisted of stretches, push-ups, and jogs. We had our final breakfast at camp. We also packed up and had our final room inspections. The sprinters and trailer were packed full of luggage and equipment. Our bus came, picked us up and off we went. Back to Monticle. There was no official sleep time yesterday night so many students slept late. This made many sleepy students on the bus. Once we came back to Monticle, we had lunch and Graduation! Everybody received his or her certificate. We have two students of the year (Bridget and Tess) and two leaderships of the year (Nicola and Pompey)! Congratulations! After much fun chaos, everyone bid their farewells while some are staying until their flights back to Hong Kong. This has been an amazing experience. We hope the students had learned a lot during these past 14-days. We hope to see you all again soon!

Siena
I have so many favourite memories in this camp. I am going all the people I meet so much. I learned so many skills and strengths, the most important skill I learned was this…
If you dont work with your team you wont succeed

Eric
Today was a short day, I just had a two and a half hr bus ride and a video of photos that was pretty fun. I am gonna miss Pompey that is leaving tonight.

Fred
Today is the last day of the course. And pompey is leaving. I might come back next year to do more things.

Pompey
Finally, the whole programme finish, tonight I will leave Canada and go back HK. I miss everyone, all the Instructors, leaderships, and students, they all kind to me. I’m so blessed. I will be back next year.
Hope that everyone remember me, and happy every day. Monticle Never Stop.

Sabrina Mak
It turns out that this is actually the very last blog I will write for this Monticle program. I am so happy that I get to go home, but I am also a little depressed because this two week camp has ended. Today we basically packed and clean up everything at Muskey’s, then took a 3 hour drive back to the headquarters. We saw most of the pictures Peggy has took through the days, and realized how funny we looked. Those images bring back good memories, and I really do hope to see everyone next year. Bye!

Imaan
Today is the last day at camp. I have so many fond memories and have made so many friends that I will never forget. Today is going to be a great day. We just got back to HQ from out resort, Muskey’s landing. Later today we’re going to have our graduation. Everybody is going to graduate and receive their Monticle certificate. I really want to find out who are the students and leadership of the year. Then we’ll get to go home. I’m really happy to be able to see my family but I will definitely miss all my friends and all of the fond memories I have shared with so many great people

Nina
Today is he last blog, so today we did physical training, we jogged. After, we ate breakfast and the we left to the headquarters. Then, we filled in some forms and filled in a form about our teamleader Pompey. After we reviewed all the pictures that Peggy and other people took. I hope to Keep in touch with my friends! Bye!

Elvin
What an amazing camp experience! I enjoyed everything I was offered such as different challenges and activities in Monticle. Our instructor Billy Lui is a great man, an excellent role modle and example to perfectly demonstrate what leadership aspects truly is. In the past 13 days, I have experienced so many new aspects and attributes between different people. But the most important was our cheif instructor, he is a great cook, driver, combat medic, teacher, instructor, leader and a role modle. He has taught us a lot of morals about Leadership and teemwork. My personal best experiences in this camp was man overboard drills, kayaking, treetop and lectures. In those teambuilding activities I have learnt that leadership is about adaptability, if a leader gives his or her followers hope, they will comply and follow him or her without problem. But now this camp is over, I will miss all the instructors, students, leaderships and fellow companions I have met. I am sure that Monticle is a one in a life time experience.

Nestor
Today we did not do much but sleep on the bus 3 hours and see photos from the past 13 days. Dont worry mom I’ll be safe.

Chin Ho
This is the end, THE END OF THIS CAMP! I had a wonderful time this year in Monticle, I made a lot of new friends and leaders. I would definetly come back next year (If I can) This was the funnest camp of my life.

Sabrina Tan
Now we are at HQ and I am waiting to leave. YAY! Going to miss everyone!

Rita
I’m happy that this is the last blog I’ll ever write in Monticle. Today, we woke up, ate breakfast, packed up and rode on a 2 and 1/2 hour ride back to the Monticle HQ. We looked through the photos that Peggy and others took. It was fun, but it eventually got boring. Then, we had to write our blogs, which I am writing now.

Kaysha
Today is the last day of the program. We packed our things and rode a bus back to HQ. We looked at photos.

Maggie
Right now, we are in HQ. Today is the last day! I can’t believe it! I’m going to miss everyone here! This is going to be my last blog! I’m so sad! Bye!

Samson
Today, I packed up all of my luggage and backpack at the cabin before 10:00 am. At the end of the camp. I clean up a plethora of messes such as floors, beds, kitchens, washrooms and sofas. At 10:05 am, I left at Muskey’s Landing Cottage Resort on Highway 400 exit 153 and headed back to Monticle HQ in Markham for almost 2 hours by school bus. We took by highway 400, 401, 404 and Woodbine Avenue. At 12:00 pm, I approached to Monticle HQ on 250 Shields Court in Markham, Ontario, Canada. This afternoon, I have peeked a bunch of Monticle pictures for the past 14 days from the ME3 Foundations Alpha Program from day 1 to day 14. I had a big great day!!!

Bridget
It’s the last day of Monticle! Its both a happy and sad moment. I’m happy because I get to see my family and friends when I get back home and the sad part is that I’m going to miss all of the friend I’ve made and the experience we’ve shared together these 2 weeks and hopefully remember it for the rest of my life. It has been a great experience here, learning about social intelligence, finance management, consequences of bullying in Canada etc. This is and will be one of the best memories I’ve ever had.

Nicola
Today is the last day of Monticle. Some people are going to TransCanada and some people are going back to HK. I wish you all the bet! We learned so much in these 14 days. We became so close. Never forget me ok guys!

Meagan
Today is the last day of Monticle!!!!!! We had a school bus pick us up at 10:00 for a 3 hrs ride to HQ. When we finally arrived I see my mom and dad whaving to me!!!!!!! After we wacth pictures that peggy took and that’s about it!!!

Ingrid
I don’t know we need to write blog today. Now I am in Markham. I don’t know what to write, because we can talk with each other on wechat later.

Kelvin Pan
I really miss my parents and I really want to go Home
I also will miss my friends I made at Monticle.
I am homesick.

Kevin
Today was graduation day and was also a very BORING day. Spent the entire morning on the bus, spent the afternoon looking at pictures and graduation. This is going to be my last blog for this camp, but don’t get me wrong, I still have 2 more days left to spend in HQ. SO SAD.

Edwin Cheung
Today is our last day of camp. We with We pack up most of our belonging, cooking equipment, kayaking equment, and Medical equipment. Today is going really quiet. 14 day Me3 Group A coming to end. At, 10:00pm. We miss each other as a rfiend and hope they will come back next year. I learn that through communication can make a group come together. Mom, I love U. Mom, I’m gonna miss you so so so so much. Dad, I love you too. I miss you both so so so so much. I can’t wait to see you.

Lemuel
Last day! Woke up at the usual time and packed up in prep for our trip back to HQ. The ride took around 2 hours with some problems with Calvin and the gas station. Unloaded after we arrived and now waiting for the student’s parent’s to arrive and pick some of them. At least the 14 days are over and I get to relax a bit. That’s probably not happening…

Mireille
Today is the last day of this trip. We did the last PT, clean up all the room and clean up the area. We ate breakfast at around 9 am. I ate 4 waffles. Then we stayed 2 hours in the bus. Arrived in the HQ we look picture of our 14 days. I will miss all of them.

Tiffany
Last blog for Me3 program, hmmm. A somewhat sad and breathless goodbye. Goodbye my friends. I’ve had a great time, tough experiences and hard work. Its all over. Sigh. Goodluck. Goodbye.

Nathan
Day 14, well, last day for the camp. Now at HQ waiting for graduation. After that staying at HQ. Can’t wait to get my phone back!

Tess
14th day of the Program Today we had a quick breakfast then we zoomed around our cabin packing up things and throwing things away. After that we hopped on the bus and drove to the HQ to have a graduation lunch, and this is my last blog entry, I’ll miss everyone and this is an experience I’ll never forget!

Jullian
Last day of Camp, already at Headquarter waiting for graduation, seen a lot of pictures through the camp, can’t wait to get back home.

Ethan
Graduation! I can’t believe it’s over so quickly! But I’ve had a blast. I’m going to miss everyone! But I’m sure I’ll be back next year……Muaha…no! ok Yay, bye!!!!!

Naomi
Today is the final day at Monticle. The experience here was great with us being able to learn teamwork through various activities. I will always remember the big zip at tree toptrecking as well as the Hershey store at Niagra Falls. I will remember these memories forever. Thank you Monticle for this wonderful experience, I had a lot of fun.

Jennifer
A two-hour bus ride is a long time to think on things. On the way back to HQ, I had plenty of time to myself, which I was so grateful for. Being around people 24/7 is very draining on me. However, it’s in those moments when your mind really start to wander, and usually into darker regions with sober tones. I began to think about my abilities and to second-guess myself. To assist me apparently means to cut me out of the decision-making stage and find a solution that doesn’t involve me even though I was the one that was assigned the duty. It does wonders for a negative body image and an inferiority complex. It makes me remember the days when I was younger and I would be so unwilling to work with anyone else because it was always just easier to get things done by myself. It’s moments like those that I start doubting my usefulness and feel like an unnecessary and redundant annex. I suppose idleness does breed discontent. However, now that I’m working again in relative peace (i.e. surrounded by a couple dozen screaming preteens), I have a level head again and I do feel the general cheer from these students now. However, because I am apart from the group and observing, it does make me feel like an awkward sore-thumb-type.

Jason
Today felt like such a quick day. Probably since it was the last day of Alpha formation this year. Today we had our final PT, breakfast, room inspections and pack up before we had our trip back to our HQ in Markham. This program overall was surprisingly fun and taught me many things through both my fellow leadership students and my instructors. Even the hyper children taught me more about leading and more about myself. Well, I can’t wait till the Trans-Canada trip.



















































































1 comment:

  1. jennifer: dont think, it stresses you out
    stop putting on an act and show your true self
    if you feel left out, the jenn i no loves to help and if the group doesnt let u do what u want to do the group doesnt deserve you
    be yourself and stop being and outsider
    ur a leader now and act like one
    love, a person that looks up to you

    ReplyDelete