Saturday, July 27, 2013

Trans Canada Expedition - Day 14



July 27, 2013 – Day 14
Location: Happy Valley Territorial Park, Inuvik, NW
Today is a day of learning. This morning we all woke up late, mainly to give the drivers more rest to ‘recharge their batteries’. It was a fantastic night, even though the sun never set. It also rained all night. While Billy and the HQ team cooked us breakfast, all the other students were at the ‘shelter’ patio, doing drama skits. After breakfast and clean up, we went out into town for a tour. As we were walking towards the visitors’ centre, we passed by the farmers’ market and stopped for a bit in front of the locals’ stands. Some bought souvenirs. We continued on to the Visitors’ Centre, learned a bit about the culture and town of Inuvik, as well as information on where to go next. We went to several shops and many of us bought souvenirs, all local made. Afterwards we walked to the local North Mart, which was essentially Wal-Mart and bought supplies for dinner. We walked back to the campsite and Billy and several students made dinner while the rest finished their wood carvings for the Watson Lake Sign Post Garden. Dinner was fabulous because there were steak and salmon. Everybody loved it (at least that’s what they say) and some even went back for seconds! After dinner, we quickly washed the dishes and went to the local Church for a tour (we couldn’t do that earlier before because there was a wedding going on). By the way, everyone in the town of Inuvik (population: 3500) are so nice. A very nice person gave us a tour of the Church, talked about the Church’s history, the town’s history, and even led us to the Green House for a tour and more history lesson. Everyone was fascinated. They all learned of the difficulties of running a town so far north; they even learned of all the beauties that can be seen so far north. That is all there is to the day of Inuvik. It was great fun.

Ryan Hoang
                Today is the last day of us staying in Inuvik. We had many planned and unexpected twists and turns along the way. For example we were supposed to just go to the church after dinner but instead we also went to the green house. There methods may seem really strange to us people of the south but for them they work so hard to keep the heat in so they can plant and grow crops. This makes me really think that like water which we completely dismiss everyday because we think is really easy to get is something that we must work hard for and really earn.
                Today was also a day for celebration and excitement because of one very special and important thing. WE HAD STEAKS FOR DINNER!  It was insanely delicious and yummy with rich sauces and perfectly seasoned. In fact it might just be my great hunger for some good old fashioned steaks that made it all the more delicious. I know my dad says that they will not have a BBQ because I can not come join them but I am going to say that it is okay mom and dad you can not feel guilty since we already had one.
                All in all today I feel mostly relaxed. this is because after an entire day of playing tourist and not having to work or anything it really does relieve stress. Just like in the mall I did not have to follow a schedule or anything significant like that. we just went to the sites and enjoyed the greatness of the north and Inuvik. I would have bought some souvenirs also but my mom funny enough said to not waste the money on souvenirs and that the pictures of me being happy is enough for her.
                Another thing that I am feeling is strong and determined. This is because when Billy said that we are going to change his plans and climb tombstone mountains which is much higher and also very few people have ever reached their. This made me feel like we are great people that can handle this amazing trek mainly because in my deepest opinion solely because Billy trusts us to do it!!!

Marco
                Today we were never at the care Yay! we were exploring Inuvik. Inuvik is a really nice place, everyone is so nice here. They are really happy to see us come to Inuvik because there is only 3,50 people in Inuvik. I bought 3 items, 1 for Molly, 1 for me and 1 for me and Mike. Sorry mom, nothing right for you. I hope I could buy one but can’t. I also went in to a church. I was pretty excited because I think I have never been to a church before. Never thought a church would look that nice. we also went to a green house, the green house has so much strange and interesting plants. I hope I brought my camera to take some photos of the plants. But I left my big jacket at the camp site. Tomorrow we will start going back but we will first hike the Mount. Tombstone. I hope it would be fun. When we are heading fun. I think it would be lots of fun. Overall today I learned a lot,  I hope I could stay her longer but I can’t. whatever though.

Tiffany Ng
                Ah, the sweet joy of waking up late. well considering the pain and patience the drivers went through, I applaud to you gentlemen. with everyone’s effort placed in bit by bit, we finally reached the Arctic, Inuvik. As we spent the treasured 24 hours here, I was deep in thought, my mom and dads hopes and beliefs are betting on this, I cant screwup, I can’t let them down. over these 28 days spent here, I haven’t been doing such a good job, I screw up on cooking, cleaning giving orders and solving problems. I simply wish I can restart all of this a change the fate of things. With my precious pride slowly sliding away from the mistakes I’ve made along the way. I feel the extreme need to boost my game, push harder, But how? what can I improve on from other’s point of view? What am I doing wrong? Wheres the previous creative me? what is my good, my bad? questions like such overflow my mind with seeing others improve much faster, I feel my duty to be a role model to show others what and who monticle sees me as.
                Billy said, to have/ get something you really want and never had, you must first do something you’ve never done. So, whats next? What will my crazy mind think of next? I can do better but how? Its been half of the Trans Canada Trip, but all I’ve don’t is make a fool out of myself.
                Others then that, today was a day of laughter, and … SHOPPING! expectedly we were supposed to buy a lot, but me, I just bought several cards I found interesting.
                Over my days here in Canada, I’ve picked up several things:
Day1: Leadership is like a rubberband, you can push. Harder and harder but there is a point of snapping. Flexibiliy is key.
Day2: When face of you enemies, be brave because fear is your one and only enemy. If you can’t face your fears, you cant face anyone.
Day3: Speak the truth, even if it leads to your death.
Day4: Education is the only way out of darkness.
Day5: When you come across a problem, first find your best way of solving it, instead of seeking help. independence.
Day6: leaders think of whats coming up, while followers think of the result
Day7: Never ask someone else a question you can’t solve.
Day8: You must look at the big picture, instead of keeping your eyes on the first 4 meters.
Day9: When dealing with a friend as a leader. Make sure to clarify the boundries between friend/leader.
Day10: You should always be there when others need help.
Day11: Challenge yourself no matter what.
Day12: Dealer of hope
Day 13: Life should be like a tree, you stand up tall and firm, but when small things, you let them go, being flexible with things.
Day14: Adaptability
Day15: Leading by example
Day16: Trust yourself, believe in the true you
I’ve learnt a lot, from my peers, my mates, but most of all Billy. Writing down everything I see, I hope to see a brighter more improved me in the future. So, to the future me, live long, stay strong, go on

Justin
                Today we had a tour in Inuvik. I am very much surprised by the hospitality the people of Inuvik demonstrated. With a population of only 3500, the little town has a tight bond, everyone knows each other well, the whole town is a big family. We were greeted by everyone we met on street, shaken hands by people we first met. Maybe this is the benefit of living in a small community. In the church we met a passionate lady who volunteered to be our tour guide. she told us the history and background of the town as well as some interesting stories abouting living in the polar region. She lead less to wit the greenhouse and the church of Inuvik. Apart from sightseeing  Inuvik is a good place for souvenirs. I bought eight earrings, a raccoon pelt and a sculpture crafter from the special marbels of the arctic Inuvik is a wonderful place, I will certainly visit here again if I have the chance.

Alan
Today we walked around Inuvik and visited many places. In the mornig we went to gift shops and bought soviners, I spent most of my money here I also got a discount of $20 because I was buying it for my mom in the afternoon we had a bbq. It was pretty good so I stuffed myself. after that we visited a church then the greenhouse after that we went back to our campsite.

Grace
After a wonderful breakfast, we started to tour around this town. There are about 3500 people in this town. unlike the thoughts we had before. that here around be freezing, it is actually quite warm here in the morning and afternoons because the sun is really slose to us. we went to buy some souveniors in the shops, and learned the history of this town in the visitor/center. We saw many pelts made from the animal skin, I don’t feel comfortable about that, although they are really beautiful. we visited a Roman Catholic church which was built in 1958-1960. after that, we also went into the community greenhouse, it used to be a Hockey arena, the locals grow their plants inside. The plants grow nice because of the soil is rich, and I saw a sunflower that is twice as tall as me. Today we know more about this place and I want to come here again in the future if I can.

Mireille
                Today we went to shopping in Inuvik town. I bought 2 souvenirs. People are so nice! they’re al looking at us in the street and smile, said hello, enjoy your day.. People wants to know more about us. In shop, they asked us where are about us. In shop, they asked us where are we come from? We saw a wedding mean  the church J. We got a good breakfast: spaghetti sausage. It was a good and we also a good dinner with good BBQ. At might around 7pm, we went to visit a church and greenhouse.

Mickey
Today we go to visit this city Inuvik. More people so nice. And here is 24 hour day light! I felt so excited tiny and tonight Billy cook beef for us. it taste delicious! We go to the some famous places. A feel tired today. Hope tomorrow is good. We will get up at 7:00! good night

Jason Wang
Today was our touring day in Inuvik, Once again in 24 hour day light. We started the day later at about 0830, and we were up to a filling breakfast of noodles, crème of mushroom soup, sausages and eggs. As around 1110 we were going into town to explore and shop. We went to couple shops and a farmers market. we spent so much money on thse souveniers and gets at those locations, we then came abck for a nice lunch/dinner of mashed potatoes, gravy, veggies, steak and salmon which we bought at the local “North Mart” which is essentially a Walmart. After dinner/lunch we had a tour of the local church and the green house, converted from a hockey rink. Today was an interesting day to bad we have to leave tomorrow.

Roman
Today we toured the town of Inuvik! This kind of reminds me of the town where dad is from, everyones know each other. and they all had “unique style of the clothing. We first visited the visitor center, then the native crafts shops. Apparently these things cost 5 times the price in Ontario. I think I made a mistake, a big mistake. It is kind of complicated. So I will explain to you guy when I got home. We had BBQ and steals for dinner… best dinner EVER!!! We have decided to go to Tombstone instead of Mount Edith. Tombstone is more natural has less tourists, I can’t wait. Now I am going to repade my day pack because I don’t wanna to much things up and down the big mountain. I miss you guys so much. I guess I did write a bit longer today right? well… I will try to write more and more day by day.

Calvin
Today is our second and also our last day in Inuvik. the walk around Inuvik was better then I expected. There is much history for such a small town. I would not leave thought such a small town. Also I never knew visitor was such a hard task in the arctic isn’t what I expected too, it is much warmer, I really want to see what tombstone mountain is like. I will miss Inuvik, the people here are so nice

Matt
Wow today is the last day in Inuvik! I wish we should stay at least one more day. There are still so many things we haven’t seen in this town. We pretty much just stayed on the same road. A lot of us bought lots of things. I bought a crystal necklace, a stone carved polar bear, a cupcake and I think that was it. I think I wasted some money on the polar bear. Half of me says I did; the other half says I didn’t. Me Lemeul and Jennifer bought the crystal arrow.
The shower and washroom facilities are the best on this trip. I think that is why I want to stay here for one more day. Also today we had the best “home” cooked dinner as well. But I won’t say u would stay for that because it would cost Billy a lot of money.
Now we have to get ready for the 2 day long drive back to civilization.

Mike
Our last day in Inuvik and I actually miss this place. The community is nice and friendly with an interesting environment as it’s up north . Anyways, we had a tour of Igloo Church and the greenhouse which used to be a hockey rink. Both places were awesome with an informative guide. Did you knew that houses Inuvik are brightly coloured so they are visible at night, and they are nicknamed Smartie houses.
Talk about tomorrow, were likely to be going to Tombstone Mountain and a hike up. Lastly, since it’s almost 11:30, I’ll end of saying the weird feeling disappeared.

Quince
Today we went to shopping, We went to a green house too. Inside the greenhouse there is different kind of plants, there is melons, tomatoes, you name it. Then we went back to our campsite. The shower is super clean. it is white, W-H-I-T-E spells white. It has a shelf on it and a seat in it also. Also while I was filling water bottle a drunk man keep telling me to go there and drink beer, I kept saying no, but he keep saying come here. So I just said maybe later and I stalked off. Anyways, tomorrow we are going to tombstone to finish our last challenge. My goal is to get student of the year. I bet I will get it.

Jason Wong
For the first time on the trip we get to sleep in because we were staying for two days in Inuvik. I was happy that we get to sleep in more. Also today the first time we weren’t driving but we walked through the town. We spent some time looking at handmade crafts that were pretty cool. We had our bbq pretty much earlier than yesterday and the steak tasted good. After dinner we went to the church and learned the history of the town/church. Then we went to the green house to see plants. Then we headed back to the campsite to vote on which mountain we are climbing, the mountain we are climbing is called Tombstone. P.S. mother, I don’t remember my residence login username number.

Howard
Today, for the first time since our departure, we didn’t drive in the sprinters. Instead, we spent the day travelling around the infamous town of Inuvik. After breakfast, we toured the town, starting with a farmer’s market at the local school where I got a few souveniers.  After more stops at the visitor centre and lunch/dinner, we arrived at the church where we learnt a lot about the history of the town and the church. Nearby, there was a local green house that used to be an ice arena. Today was a truly educational experience that I sincerely appreciate.

Jennifer
I’m craving two things right now: time alone to organize my thoughts, and a carton of cold milk.
I’m sitting in this blue shelter again by myself and I’m surprised but thankful that I’m the only one here. It’s still close enough to everyone else that I can hear exactly what’s going on by our camp sites, but some privacy is always great.
I spoke to Billy this morning to clarify a few things, and though there wasn’t enough time for me to ask everything that I’d wanted to, it’s enough for me to understand a little better what is needed to be seen from me. So I’d like to bring attention to the drama game I led this morning with the students while they waited for breakfast. I found that they weren’t as enthusiastic about it as the Alpha program. As well, I also noticed that they only really knew the students in their own company.
Today we had time to explore more of Inuvik. The people of this town are so close-knit and friendly, which made me very happy. Learning about the history of this place and the culture of its people made me very happy as well – there was so much to learn! I used to want to be an architect, so learning about the passive thermocyclic system of the Roman Catholic Church we visited captured my interest. I love plants very much, too, so visiting the town’s hockey arena – turned – greenhouse was awesome for me. I also found the history behind the “Northmart” interesting in terms of culture of the people and the us vs. them group mentality that can be seen in its name.
Also, this group’s students (including myself) are suckers for tourist traps. I am now in possession of a $110 necklace courtesy of my brother who also bought reindeer jerky for $30 which tastes likes like egg yolk which therefore means it’s icky.
We’re on the road again tomorrow, and it seems that Howard and Jason Wong have joined me at this secluded spot, so my reflection and alone time is over. I like this town and would like to stay for a bit longer, but hopefully my second craving can be fulfilled at a gas station on the road tomorrow.

Owen
The darkness of luck still surrounding me. This morning when we were lining up for breakfast, I shouted softly because I knew I couldn’t finish such among of spaghetti Billy then took back most of them and just left a little for me …..
After shopping, we went back to the campsite. I found that I had lost my bugnet. No! It cost me 13 dollars (O Canada)! How can I survive with insects!
The bad things are coming. Today Billy had BBQ for us again. Sounds great, huh? But it wasn’t great for me since I had dropped my steak on the rocky floor. I needed to eat it all because Billy will kill me if I don’t. The taste was ….. I can’t explain it. But I ran to washroom immediately after the lunch. My stomach still painful now.
After “working” in the toilet, I stood up and grab my stuff. When I grabbed the belt (with a small pack), the small pack slipped down and plummed in the toilet seat, I grabbed it and it smeels bad. God!

Kathy
Today was the fourteenth day in monticle. It was so great that we needn’t to travel by car anywhere today. We just stayed in this city named, Inuvik, and walked on the street for visit.  I like this city, because it is very quite here, the people are very friendly, when we walk on the street , everyone smile and said ‘Hello’ or “good morning” to us. The life must be very happy. And we also went some crafts shops, in the afternoon, some of them sold animal pelt to visitors, I think people are cruel. Although they are beautiful, I won’t buy any pelt. At night, we went to church and green house. The church owner told us the history about the church, brough us to green house, then introuded introducedtion about the green house to us. It let me knew a lot of information. It was a great day!

Kendra
There were some good news and bad news today. The bad news is that we have to leave tomorrow. The good news is Iearned a lot about Inuvik and visited many places in Inuvik. I wish we could stay longer, but tomorrow we get to go to Tombstone Park and the day after, we will hike/climb Tombstone. We visited many places today and meet a lot of new people. We first visited a place where people had stands and sold stuff and then we went to the visitor center and, we got a lot of info from the center and they suggested many places for us to visit. We went to this craft store they suggested and people found many things they liked. We got some food and had a late lunch. Then, we went to a church. This church is the most Northern church you can find in Canada and it was built in 1958-1960 but still there are barely any cracks. The tour leader also took us to the community greenhouse. While I was looking at the plants, I realized that his community is like a team and they work together at all time. We were also told that everyone knows each other in this town and they are very united. The plants in the greenhouse are very nice and they are very fresh?? I don’t know if that makes sense but they don’t use any sprays. Then, we headed back to camp.That was it, hope some day I can come back and visit Inuvik, the top of the world.

Crystal
Finally being able to sleep in, it was kind of surprising that I woke up a bit earlier than we were actually supposed to, considering I slept pretty late last night.  Everyone quickly tidied up both themselves and the area, but we didn’t need to pack up our tents and luggage since we are going to stay in this campground tonight.  We had a filling sausage, boiled-egg and spaghetti breakfast and headed out to explore the interesting town.
We walked down the – or at least I assumed – main road, Mackenzie Rd and we passed by a few authentic stores. I started buying my souvenirs at a local flea market located in front of the Sir Alexander Mackenzie School. I had first bought a whale carved out of wood by the owner and I got it for a really good price, at least in my opinion.  As we followed the road, we passed by two churches and a few interesting coloured houses, locally-called Smartie Box houses. As we walked, we passed many locals, we greeted them nicely and they did the same.  We finally arrived at the visitor center after a while and I learnt many things in that building. I also collected some information brochures on the places that we visited.
An employee at the visitor center had recommended a few places for us to visit in the town as we were heading back to the campground. We went to a souvenir shop and almost everyone spent money buying special locally hand-crafted items. I bought an Inukshuk, it symbolizes direction and navigation. Native people had built them to direct other people to places and areas with materials of survival. After that, we went to a small store in a large building which sold many other hand-crafted art pieces and expensive animal furs, even a 7ft wolf pelt too! We then went to NorthMart, not WalMart, not Shoppers Drug Mart, but a “Walmart” changed-named because it was located in the Northwest Territories and therefore the “Native Area”.
We returned to the campground soon after and using the steak meat that Billy had bought from NorthMart, we made a delicious steak, mashed potato and ‘asian’ gravy dinner. After everyone quickly finished, we headed back into town to tour the Roman Catholic church that we passed this morning. A nice lady who lives in Inuvik had told us about the history of both the town and church. I was intrigued and so interested. After a little “history class”, the lady even offered to take us to the local ice arena – changed into a greenhouse. There were just over 70 plots for the locals to plant in and it was really warm inside. I suppose that all the greens are very healthy since they don’t use pesticides but instead use fertilizer and natural materials to help them grow.
I think that the greenhouse is a really interesting place for everyone to gather at and socialize with each other. I wish we had one back at home. After another mini info session, we thanked the lady and we returned back to the campground. I really liked our stay in Inuvik and I was also really glad that it was really (positively) different from what I thought it would be like. I hope to come back and visit really, really ,really soon!

Michael F.
So glad that Billy finally brought us to do an in-depth browsing of a city today. What made me happier is that Billy, Edwin, Calvin and Michael the Senior altogether brought us from Toronto to the “TOP OF THE WORLD” (which has a distance of over 7500km with several hiccups and requires perpetual patience, so as concentration), brought us pacific salmon and Alberta steaks as BBQ dinner, brought us to have a taste of genuine humanity as well as midnight sun ( in general – mother nature), brought us to learn the definition(s) of brilliant leadership…
So glad that from today’s unit I know how great, caring and considerate the people in Inuvik and the Canadian government are. Before arriving Inuvik, we assumed that Inuvik which is rather uncivilized, savage and barbarous place because it is remote which is so obvious because it is located at the end of the Dempster Highway, or in other words, the most northern place ever to be reached by driving). Moreover, supposedly, it should be cold and surrounded with endless schools of black flies and mosquitos (Billy has always reminded us of the “black screen” which he witnessed when he got his bug net on and had a nature’s call). Beyond our expectation is the fact that it is so warm and at particular occasions so fervent. Billy explained us that it is because of the 24-hr midnight sun… Well, duh.
The heat from the sun and the friendly greetings received from the locals at first made me feel that Inuvik is so easy to be adapted. It has one of the most technologically sophisticated schools (Aurora College) in Canada built with the help of the Canadian governmental subsidies (the school costs almost 120 million CAD and by judging its exterior layout), you might not be able to distinguish it from the schools located in the less vulnerable but also a bit more impoverished minute towns). It also has a Roman Catholic Church, which is also known as the Igloo Church because of its physical appearance and architectural style. This indicates that Inuvik might be a place that allows a multitude of religious beliefs. More importantly, even the First Nations have their marriage arranged by using Roman Catholic rituals. Hence, it is not wise to doubt how open Inuvik is. (There is a passerby whose name is Bobby. He met us right outside the church when we were planning to visit it. During the browsing led by Helena, who involves various businesses including the church and the greenhouse, Bobby  at times interfered naturally (not bothering though) to explain about the church and his beloved religion – Catholicism. So unimaginable to me when I heard the aboriginals because so frenetic with Western religion.
Another thing that is unbelievably amazing is how most infrastructures are designed and built so sophisticatedly by an architect who received no more than grade-five education. Could you imagine an architect, receiving grade-5 primary school education, can figure out a way to deal with the problem of permafrost? Permafrost is basically the layer on which almost all the infrastructures are built. The problem is that the layer will melt when touching heat (e.g. summer and/or the heat generated by the water and sewage system named utilidors). The architect figured out a marvelous way to solve the problem – he weaved in another layer of plate on top of the permafrost. That’s why Bobby the passerby (exaggeratedly) explained to us that the Igloo Church could go upward and downward according to seasons and climate. Yet, this idea which includes the utilidors and permafrost cost like 8 million CAD. How could it be possible to have a government so willing and merciful to subsidize astronomical amount of money to prolong a remote city’s sustainability? The city’s gas and fuel price is increasing; the commodities are 50% more expensive than the city (except the $5/5 100g chocolate bars); the infrastructures cost so much; the first nations do not need to pay taxes… I don’t know either if the Hong Kong government is just too mean to reinforce expansionary policies upon the economy or the Canadian government is too humane and warm-blooded to lend the Canadian citizens (especially the First Nations) a generous helping hand. Even though the city has experienced series of updowns (up is during the frequent exploitation of oil and gas; down is the current situation when the gas and fuel supply dries out subsequently), tge territorial and provincial government perseveres to help sustain the domestic economy. After the DEW Line (Distant Emergency Warning System) and exploitation, the plan for big projects keeps on being emptied. Rumors from one of the locals that I eavesdropped in Joe’s Park – the government is planning to build oil pipeline through the Mackenzie River. That might make the refunding and the governmental provisions seem more reasonable, but still is the Canadian government really that utilitarian?
At least Billy, who cooked us another delicious and hefty BBQ dinner tonight, is not. He brought us Alberta steaks and Pacific wild salmon, grilled them and served them with mash potatoes and vegetable stews. The most amazingly creative part is that Billy added the leftover boiled eggs (nicely chopped) into the marsh potato and used seafood sauce to make the stew so harmonious with the bland (originally) and filling marsh potato. Every seasoning and condiment makes itself an ornamental ingredient that as a whole the dish is almost the best of all home-made food ever cooked in Monticle for camping. To be honest, I ate a piece of salmon and almost 2 pieces of steaks. Without a glass of red wine and champagne, I do feel a bit unsatisfied (these are what I usually make them accompanying with steaks and fish fillets in Hong Kong), but a Yukon Whitehorse Amber Ale, the midnight sun, the breeze from the opposite forest and river, all features of mother nature and the Monticle Arctic Expedition team was more than enough to make my day! Not to mention that I also borrowed Billy wallet to pay for a $350 muskox carving which is made of Canadian stone and muskox bone. Oh my god, what a day!
Tell you more when I get back to Hong Kong. So much things to be expressed, but not now because Peggy is keep on waiting for me every night. What a hardworking senior official she is! Honestly, she is probably the best administrator ever seen in Monticle. Hehe!

Lemuel
Second day there at Inuvik. Since today is our rest day, we were able to sleep in a little. We moved out and explored the town just to get some idea on their lifestyle. Our first stop was at a farmer’s market and bought some souvenirs and moved on the visitor’s centre. What I found most interesting was the Mod Trapper and how he trapped people. We then had some steak we bought locally and then went the a church for a tour and moved on the greenhouse. Gotta admit, I did not expect a greenhouse this far north. Then again, I expected it to be colder here.

Edwin Chueng
Today is woke up at 8:30 in inulk, Yukon. We wick up with good breakfast, noodle saugage, spagatti. I was deliouss. Later, We head to visted centraler to learn the culture, the inuluk transporformation. of the hard, I include alot of volentering, helping from people all over the world. And then we went to a few gift shop and shop. then we went to a church fo visited. All they have alot of people that a suppermarket to shop for dinner. We they were to back to the church and anderstand how the church and everything. It was nice. This people here are very nice and they were very interested and they were good people. I understand now work as a team to work together make thing better.


















































































































5 comments:

  1. My dearest Tiffany:

    Mon and Dad are so proud of what you are now and what you have been go through!!! Me , Mon and your sister Gaile missing you so much! Gaile always say " I miss "Ka Tse" say " You stupid Gai Gai!, cos this is so authentic!!" can you imagine that?

    When I check out the exact location of where you are now (like the usual trip planning I did all the time..), I am speechless... WOW!!! You have go so far away already!!!That is so amazing!!!

    Tiffany, please be RELAX and ENJOY this trip as much as you can.... I like you written down what you have learnt, but I would like you to REALLY RELAX and ENJOY the time you have there. You can highly focus and stay awake for your team for few hours (maybe a day), but you cannot do this forever...Caring your team member wholeheartly, and seek for their best interest WITHIN YOUR BEST EFFORT AND AVAILABLE RESOURCE, you have fulfill your duty already, and let them to help you, and everyone enjoy both fun and burden together, and that is truly the best part of all!!

    Besides, our biggest advantage is, we have our LORD as our ultimate LEADER. Remember Me and Mon have our best resource : PRAYER. HE will guide our heart to do the best of it.

    "DO THE BEST AND GOD WILL DO THE REST." HE never fail...

    "If you want to be GREAT in GOD's Kingdom, let you to be the servant of ALL"

    Me and Mon pray for you in Hong Kong everyday!!!

    so just BE your "Funny Tiff!!", when you being funny, everyone will be so enjoyable there, and the power out from there will be way beyond your imagination!!

    p.s. feel free to buy something you find it meaningful, go to your big BOSS Mr. B in case you need some help.

    Always LOVE you!!!

    Albert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edwin (Cheung)
    What an amazing experience in following your blog these days. I like Tiffany's writing on what she had learnt day by day. it is a good reminder for you and for Mom too. I forgot to tell you to ask Billy for some pocket $ such that you can buy something you like in Artic. May be it is a bit too late now.
    Try to contribute as much as possible and to enjoy the trip too. Smile and be happy !
    With love from Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Alan,

    Thank you so much for buying me a souvenir from Inuvik. I think I will like it very much because everything at home which was chosen by you is great and special. We always appreciated that we have you. Please thank Billy for me to borrow money to you and cook the steak for your guys. Take care of yourself and help the team. Have fun and enjoy the trip! We miss you. So Please write more as possible as you can on the blog to let us know what happened to you.

    Love you,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Justin,

    By reading this blog, I am very impressed by some of your teammates who have the ability and willingness to express their full self and true feelings. As a successful writer and a charismatic leader, the prime aim is to impress, move and induce others. I think having the courage to express yourself is the first step, then other will at least get a chance to understand you.

    Now you only get half of the trip left. Please make good use of the rest of the time to interact more with others. Even though I have no double at your determination to finish all the tasks that you are assigned to, pls don’t be too independent as I am sure that you can do everything better and you will be happier if you can interact and get along well with others.

    Lastly, I feel a bit sad as you've never written a line to your mom and dad on you blog. If you are a bit homesick or you miss us very much, just express it.

    Love,
    P Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Justin, I mean Even though I have no doubt that ........

    P Mom

    ReplyDelete