Thursday, July 11, 2013

Me3 Foundations – Alpha Group Day 13



Thursday, July 11, 2013
Day 13
Today is the second last day! The day started out beautiful with blue sky and white clouds. Morning PT went really well. Room inspections went mostly well. The students have done well over the past 12 days. Because of the amazing improvements and outstanding performances of the students (by order of Monticle’s executive director, Lieutenant Colonel Hirji), the instructors on site executed the order by giving the students, who were involved in the bus incident on Day 1, a second chance to get their certificates. Their student reports had also been reviewed. To qualify for their certificates, they had to complete a challenge. Through determination and much struggle, the students all passed the challenge. After the challenge, all the students went to change into their formal wear for Etiquette training. Everyone became really pretty and dashing in their dresses and suits. We went to the Royal Canadian Legion in Midland, Ontario. We had etiquette training by the executive director. Then each group did a skit of a scene that happened in camp. There were a lot of laughs and when that is done, we had dinner and party to celebrate Fred’s birthday! We will have our final blog for the Alpha group. Stay tune!

Ingrid
This blog will be my last blog. Although I want to finish quickly. Today is a good day. I learn a lot of things about how to eat food politely. And tomorrow will be the last day.
                From Monticle I learn lots of things and I get lots of unforgettable experiences. I won’t forget it. And I know that communication is very important. Because we have to get on well with many kinds of people.
                Tonight will be a good night. We will set the campfire later. I can talk with my friends around it.

Julian
Second last day of the camp, Some daily routine, PT, breakfast, room insoection and then main activity, today we learnt etiquette which is manners taught by Kernel Hergi, Iman’s father, then we chilled and got back to Muskey’s, last day here I’m extremely happy, no more mosquito bites. I am trying to learn from mistakes, correct them and then I earn my honour, I think myself is a lot more confident and thinker, thinks of consequence, what I need to improve is to communicate more, learn more maner

Nathan
Day 13, well today is the day b4 we/I grad. I had a lot of fun. I really want to come back. I would miss Monticle and my friends.

Naomi
Today is the last full day of Monticle. We spent half of the day just hanging out and half of the day doing etiquette training.
                From etiquette training, I learned how to eat at fancy meals with multiple courses.
                Out of this entire Monticle program, I learned that teamwork is important as well as paying attention to detail. I also learned that communication between teamates will improve the teams skills. Overall, this experience has been great.

Maggie
Today was an okay day. We woke up and ate breakfast. Then we got into the trucks and drove to some police place  to learn about etiquette. We also had dinner there so we arrived at the hotel at about 9:00.
Overall, this camp has taught a lot of how to work with others and having confidence in myself. I have earned a lot of respect here and the students and leaderships are all so nice. I would like to thank all the people here at Monticle for making this trip an experience I will never forget!

Rita
Today, we did etiquit training. We learned about gratitude, respect and compassion. Then, we learned how to make “small talk”. I found it very useful. We also learned table manners. We had a 3-course dinner. We had to use the things we learned in the table-manner lesson during the meal. While we were eating, someone took their shoes and socks off and began to scratch their feet. It was weird, It was also Fred’s birthday, so we had cake for dessert.

Kaysha
Today we learned etiquette wearing formal wear. We learned table manners and others like that, and we ate outside. Overall, this camp was educational.

Chin Ho
Don’t worry mom. I will still get my graduation certification because of my determination for surviving the 3 min banana boat. I can’t believe it’s the end of the camp already. I had so much fun with my friends and my new friends. I’m gonna miss them all when I get back to HKG. Someone I will remember the most is my new friend Nestor, it was so fun having him in my room, I loved it when I got to wake him up, he is so cute! Good bye Monticle, I’ll see you again next year.

Nina
Today may be the last day that I write a blog, I mean that it’s probably the last blog of the Me3 Life Foundations camp. So, today we did physical training, we did stretching and then we jogged for around 10-20 minutes. After, we ate breakfast and then it was a sort of freetime… Then, everyone dressed up for etiquette, later we all left on the buses to go to the Canadian legion for our etiquette lesson. When we finished learning about the proper ways to eat and conversations etc. After, we had a formal dinner and then we came back to the cabins and had a vote for student and leadership of the year.

Edwin Cheung
Today was a amazing day. It is 2 last day of our camp. This 14 day I was try hard for my leadership. Through out the 14. I made little mistake that should had happen. I work Leadership of Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta and Billy. I should stop making through mistake. I should pay attention to Detail more. Today, We learn the eating eddicate, and to have introduce yourself to other people and have a proper conversation with other people. We eat roast Beef, core, carrot, much potato. It was all right. Also It is Fred 11th Birthday. We sing birthday song have cake together. He is also part of the host in the Dinner. I miss most ok kid they are really fun loving and Cool. They are good kid. Mom, I miss you, Dad sleep early, out more and have fun. This camp is fun.

Kelvin Pan
The Camp was SUPER FUN and I Think I will be comin for the Brove camp. I hope I won’t go to Muskey’s Landing again it’s a Nightmare. I would enjoy Monticle if I didn’t come Here
I am kinda homesick and I really miss my family. Thanks to Colonel Kirji and Billy for getting my certificate back. but I don’t feel I deserved it

Meagan
                Today is the second last day to the end of camp!!!
                All thease day, I learned something, I really enjoyed this monticle program.
I would like to come back to monticle!!!!!

Kevin
                I finally accomplished the 3 minutes challenge to receive my certificate. Proud. Anyways, today was the day we dress formal for the atticit event. This is gonna be my 2nd last blog for this camp. Looking forward to go back to HK. Today was Fred’s 11th birthday, can’t believe his mother actually ordered 5 birthday cakes for the entire camp. Unbelievable. This camp is so far so good, not much problems. The food is fine, the instructors are fun, the activities are interesting……

Mireille
We can say today is the last day, because is the last night, last dinner together. I feel strange. I really like these 14 days. It pass very fast. Today we went to learn etiquette with Imman’s dady which is also Monticle’s boss. It was very interesting. Then we have a formal dinner. So funny because everyone wear a formal attire. I’ll keep a good memory of these 14 days

Nestor
I am going to miss most of the people such as Alvin. I cant belive it is the last day. It only felt like 5-ish days. But the best acitive is man over board. I had lots of fun this camp!

Samson
(Last Day of Camp and blogs)
Today I went to the Royal Canadian Air Military Centre in Midland, Ontario for our graduation end party. I wore my suit during the graduation ceremony. It took more than 25 minutes from the Muskey’s Landing Cottage Resort to the Royal Canadian Air Military Centre in Midland, Ontario by Highway 400 and 12. In the afternoon, I had a drama presentation about dancing. After the presentation I did well at the stage. Next, I have learned about the good table dining manners such as holding the utensils, plates at the center position, napkins on the left side of the plate, cues and much more. Then, I ate salad, beef, cake, drank water and orange juice for dinner at the 2nd floor. This food taste so delightful and luscious Last, I read a book about The War of 1812, D-Day and Canadian Wars. My most favorite book was the War of 1812. At 8:00 PM, I left at the Canadian Air War Military in Midland, Ontario and approached back to Muskey’s Landing Cottage Resort at 8:25 PM by Highway 12 and 400. I had a huge enthusiastic day!!!!!
THE-END
Favourite Summer activity: Travelling and Sports Challenge

Ethan
Throughout this camp I have learnt all my lessons from hardwork and mistakes, I have been working and working with my team and we’ve had many many great laughs!
                I want to thank Lemuel, Nathan, Julian, Tess, Naomi and Mireille (Alpha) for being such an AWESOME team!
So today we had etiquette training with Imaan’s dad Colonel Hirji, AKA Billy’s boss! So we had an EXTREMELY POSH dinner… leave a little on your plate to be polite.
                OMG I want to stayyyyyyyyyy! I want to thank JJ, Jennifer, Calvin, Edwin Chan, Cheung and…… BILLY!!! Form be great. Be back next year ……. I won’t break an arm on the first day.

Lemuel
This is our final night in Musky’s landing. Woke up later than usual and had our PT and breakfast and moved out to brunch 80 legion somewhere around Queen St and Lange. Where we had our etiquette class. We had our dinner where our knowledge of etiquette was tested. Overall this camp and the one last year had similar moral concepts, however we did not have a huge challenge of our willpower or anything of the sort. We did have a more interesting experience with treetop and wonderland. Looking forward to a challenge in Bravo group.

Tess
13th Day of the Program
                Today was etiquette training day and everyone got into their formal wear after breakfast, then we set off for French 80th Region for training. We chilled in the snack bar area for 40 minutes then we went to the classroom for etiquette training. After the class we had a formal dinner to test what we learned! Dinner was delicious, so was dessert! Today is the 2nd last day, time flies by sooooo quickly! I’ve made many friends and I’ve experienced so much, and it’s so sad to leave it all, by keep in touch everyone and stay close!<3 span="">

Elvin
Today was an amazing day, which basically summed up my entire Monticle camp experience. The first day I arrived I thought this camp was just an ordinary camp, but my hypothesis was wrong and this experience also proved me wrong. My favourite parts of the camp were tree top, wonder world roller coasters, anything else that was challenging and exciting. But in the meantime, those activities also boasted my personal abilities in leadership, self-discipline, critical thinking improvision and most important, teamwork. Today we went to Canadian Leigion Branch 80, to learn formal table manners. In a whole, the introductions were really clear and I learned a lot of new knowledge in a formal dinner. I had a great dinner and went back to camp at 8:00 pm. My impression on the entire camp is that it is extremely well organized, and I have learnt a lot of leadership aspects and attributions while I’m attending it.

Tiffany
Last full day of Me3 program, Ediquette training and PT was the main activities of the day. After a brief morning jog, we had bruch and began our fun with the lemeuel swalk (combo of swag and walk) with all oldest leaderships attempting to do a handstand. Somehow the 7 boys involed in the bus fight were gathered and told to do several positions. As the 7 boys were all close to a state of government and social service “takeaway”, their monticle certificate and honor was taken away. So without heisitation Billy asked each boy to step in the middle of the circle and lift both head, feet up for 3 minutes. Fred was first, failed several times but still managed to archieve the honor. Most of the guys succeed with a few hiccups, but to me Chinhi’s awas the most nerve wacking. Despite his past irrespondsible, impolite and troublesome behavior, he showed true determination while everyone bidded and was certain he is going to fail. But with extreme discipline, he managed to earn what he lost. Fun and civilized behavior followed, then it comes to tonight the curvueless wild night!

Bridget
                These 13 days have been an amazing journey and experience I’ve had many good lectures about life, such as social intelligence, finance management, bullying etc. The first day I arrived at this camp site, I was a bit emotional, because my brother hurt his arm and I was a bit worried, but the days after, I was good, until today, where I was emotional once again, but I was good afterwards and we had a lecture about elegant dining, because it was a formal dinner with Imman’s dad, curnel Hurji. It was a great experience and I shall apply it in the future.

Nicola
Monticle…Ahh…I’m gonna miss everyone sooo much. I hope every oversea will have a safe flight back to their countries. I learned soo much. From collaboration to responsibility to courage to leadership. I wish everyone the very bets from the bottom of my heart. You will all be future leaders full of success. May we stay together in our hearts forever! I love you all.

Sabrina Tan
I can’t believe it’s the second last day! I am so proud of everyone for getting a certificate. Today we went to Etiquette training. We learned dinner table manners and conversational methods. Reunited with my cellphone tomorrow! I am going to miss the great friends I made here so much. Overall, I am glad I got the Monticle experience. I have gotten an exclusive view of what leadership really is and strengthened my morals and worldview. Hope to keep in touch!

Fred
This camp overall, I think personally that it is perfect. Out of all the camp I’ve been in, this is the best of the best camp. I love the very good food. And today we visited imaan’s dad (the colonel)
He is also billys boss. And to day is my birthday they made me five whole cakes. They are large but delicious.

Eric
After these 13 days, I have learnt that how to be a leader. Although some of the leaders don’t know how to be a leader (telling people to do stuff but not do it themselves), but I told them that they need to respect others. Also, I have learnt that communication and encouragement is very important.

Pompey
I’m going to miss Canada now!! Today is the second last day and we all have a lesson with Colonel Hirji He is one student’s father, he is so nice and friendly, he teach us table manner and we all have fun with him in the Military club. After that we have dinner with him.
Tomorrow is the last day of this whole camp, so happy that every each of one get their certifican, I’m so proud of them especially my smarty Charlie group. Hope that they will miss me also.

Sabrina Mak
                This will be the very last blog I will ever write for this Me3 Life Foundation Camp. But today, I have learnt the proper way of having a formal dinner with anyone, Like the table manners and eating way, I realized I did all in the wrong way. So I guess that I do not know that much table manners.
                My favorite part of this day was when some of us were acting like our friends and also acting a scene in front of everyone. My group’s scene was about the man overboard challenge, and we made a lot of people laugh.
                This blog may be short, but to end this camp, I have learnt a lot about safety and also teamwork. So far this will be the most interesting and fun camp I’ve ever been, and I am looking to coming back next year! xD

Siena
I cant belive is the last day I am kind of happy but going to miss every at this camp, It was such a great camp. I was taught so many skills I will use in my future years. I am really going to miss this camp.

Imaan
Today was the last full day at camp. I am sad to be leaving so soon. l Today we went to one of the Canadian Legion buildings. My dad came to teach the ettiquette class we had there. We all thought that it would be really boring but he added games and I think everyone reall enjoyed it. Later that day each group performed a skit of their most memorable moment at camp. My groups was really fun to perform and funny at the same time. For dinner we had a formal dinner that was pretty good. Over all Monticle has been the most fun camp I have even been to. I have learned so much about how leadership can apply to even some of smallest and unexpected situations. I have gained a tremendous amount of confidence and friends that I will never forget.

Jason
                Today was a very fun and interesting day. This was the second last day for Alpha formation. Surprisingly, I will actually miss most of the students here. Hopefully I will see them again next year or in years after that. But anyways… Today we had etiquette training at the Royal Canadian Legion. That was very interesting. From this 14 day program, I have learned so much about leadership and about myself and my abilities as a leader and a person.

Jennifer
                Hey guys I have like 3 minutes to type okay so let’s go. Ahh man so much to say. I am so proud of the guys who regained their honour by way of “banana boat.” Also, thanks Fred for telling me that I look weird in my blue dress and contacts. Great confidence booster. But thanks girls for cheering and welcoming me to your Sprinter, that was quite mood-lifting. Etiquette training was amazing because it was so stiff and formal and lent insight into a very different sort of lifestyle (leaving food on your plate to be polite? PREPOSTEROUS!) I’ve only been here for 3 days, but these students have wormed their way into my heart with their distinct personalities. I wish you the best of luck, future leaders! Also, “CHIN HO, WHY ARE YOU PEEING THERE? IF YOU’RE GOING TO PEE IN THE LAKE, MOVE AWAY FROM EVERYONE ELSE!”






































































































































1 comment:

  1. Dear Edwin (Cheung)
    Happy to see you in the blog again. I will be on duty visit and will not be in HK for 3 days. Should you have the chance to call, please talk to Dad. I will retun to HK on Monday evening.
    You take care.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete