Saturday, July 6, 2013

Me3 Foundations – Alpha Group Day 8



Saturday, July 06, 2013
Day 8
After yesterday’s lesson on tardiness, everybody was on time and early today. Morning PT went smoothly; nobody wasted any food during breakfast. It was during breakfast that a new instructor arrived and will be staying with us for the weekend. Welcome Philip! He will be helping out with the water activities we will be doing. Today is an amazingly sunny day, and we will be doing mostly water safety training. We were introduced to the Zodiac (boat), its ins and outs, and what we should and should not be doing while on the boat. Since we are such a big group, not everyone get to go on the boat. Bravo, Charlie, and Alpha and Delta each took a turn going with Billy on the Zodiac to practice Man-Overboard Drills (by falling into the bay from the Zodiac, while the rest stayed behind and learn about kayaking from Allan and Michael and Man-Overboard with a kayak. Lunch was amazing as almost everyone got seconds. At night, a campfire was made and we had a drama group presenting to us the most memorable events of the first 3 days. It was fun and informative day. 4 days has passed since our last student voting of who gets to become junior leadership. Tonight there will be another voting to see which of the students get a promotion to yellow shirt. Good luck!

Edwin Cheung
Today, was a find day. I and Elvin help fix K1 and K2. We also fold tarps and work on K2. We have nice burgers. Me and Calvin stay on base for help start up going get things ready. I will get to the water tmrrow and have fun.

Sabrina Tan
IT IS SO HOT OUTSIDE. Today I rode on the speedboat and it was quite delightful because it was colder on the water. I still didn’t go in though cause I still don’t like water. I spent the rest of the day lounging.

Maggie
Today we woke up extra early. We got ready as usual and headed downstairs for PT. After PT, we had breakfast, then Billy explained to us about the boat and told us to get into our wetsuits. After we got into the wetsuits, Alan taught us how to kayak and how to use the paddle. After we got out of the water, Billy told us to chill and wait for lunch. (It was so hot!) Then, after we had lunch, we had more water activities. But Delta & Alpha (I think) went on the boat and did Man over Board (And we were really lucky so I went twice!)

Rita Chung
Today, we had a full day of watersports. We learned to purposely capsize a kyak. It was fun, After that, we went out to the lake to do 4 different man-over-board drills with Billy and Philip, the new instructor. It was a very fun day today.

Kaysha Lam
The whole day we were wearing our wet suits. I got to go two times in the big, fast boat. It was really fun. We also got to get into kayaks. For the next three days we are going to be in the water. We will be taught more skills on kayaks.

Elvin
Today we had some amphibious activities such as kayaking and man-overboard drills. They were not so challenging, and did not require much energy and skill. They were generally fun, especially the man-over board drill, where we jumped off the safety boat and swam back on the boat multiple times.

Nestor
Today we went on a Zodiac 60km per hour and we fell off the zodiac cause of a man over board drill. But the fun part is that we did free style jumps.

Chin Ho
I have to say, today was a really fun day. We went on the speed boat, and played different drills. I don’t have anything else to say. It was a beautiful day.

Ethan Zhao
Today Sabrina Tan, I shall be nice to you, half a page will be enough. I feel sorta lazy today.
Just one question, hace you ever had to friend where you want to reassure but all he/she does is give you s***?
Anyways… we rode on the….. ZODIAC! And no, I did not get in the water. L
Also there’s another military class instructor named Philip. If… I spelt it right. On the Zodiac, I was like Billys right hand man! IT was wait for it…. awe… wait for it…. some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am looking forward for the days to come. J

Siena Defelice
Today was absoultly the most fun because I live in the water I am a synchronized swimmer. First in the morning we had breakfast then we had a lesson on how to get in to the safety bout by Billy. We learned about Port, Starboard, Bow and Stern. Then first up was bravo to go out in Georgin Bay and next it was us. We practiced man over board first we did back fall next we did front fall then we did back tuck summersault and last we did a toe touch jump at the end of all we did freestyle and I did back flip off the bout it was superfun! In the afternoon it was all kayak-ing I learned so much good things from Allen he is a great teacher. At night time we had a campfire and the people who vonlenteed to do a skit did the skit and it was so funny. That was my amazing night.

Pompey Leung
What a good day today! Everyone wake up early, and no one late today. As usual we have our PT, then have a breakfast. After that usual stuff, we have water activities whole day, our new instructor came called “Philip”. He also is a in the Military too, he comes here for teaching us some boat drills. It is awesome!! I jump over the board that’s hurt so much.
After the man over-board drills, I go kayak with my team. They are so talented! However, today is so tired, I need to sleep now!!

Nathan
Day 8, we went on Billy’s speed boat on the afternoon. It was fun. It was very fast and bumpy. We stopped at a random location and jumped off, I did it like 15 times.

Naomi Golin
Today we had a full day of water activities. The day started off with us practicing capsizing from a kayak. The trick is to hold on to the kayak while you’re falling off and also don’t straighten your legs. When you have officially capsized that’s when you fall off.
In the afternoon we did man-overboard drills. Man-overboard is when you’re on a boat and then you fall off into the water.
These two drills did not really work out with me failing at both of them. But even so, it was a great day.

Julian Ma
Today, was an OP day, we did a 24 hour water activity event, nothing so special,  but very very tiring and fun day, today I’m very, very tired I can’t keep up the good work, but I promised the next few days, I will put in all my energy into the blog, I’m also caring for the typer, yeah gg today, see yah tomorrow!

Tiffany Ng
Given that I was wearing yellow, I tried much harder and had the day going on smoothly. I woke up at 6:00, visited few other leaderships and carried out our plan of waking everyone up. That yellow shirt was really a wakeup call to me. A sign that I wasn’t trying my best. We did several drills and demonstrations then had a quick lunch a proceeded through a man-over-board pre-training. While Billy’s voice completely went out, mine started to sore out. Determination, spirit, and work. I simply hope that hardwork will get me my original glory.

Bridget Zhao
Today was a day of fully all water activities. We had to learn how to kayak with and without a padal, learn how to capsize and do somemore ‘manover board’ drill. We were basically in the water all day and I got my arms sun burnt, but the day was worth it.

Meagan
Today was SO FUN!!!! We had a whole day of water safety. We went on a boat and a kayak and everything having SO MUCH FUN

Samson Lee
Today, I did the sailing introduction, water safety theory and practice, motorboat safety rules and regulation, water and landbased navigation, map and chat reading, emergency Marine Radio Communication, Land and Water Navigation. During the water boat, I dived in the water for more than 5 times by using with their bodies straight and in correct positions. My most favorite swimming skill is diving because I did this a quantity of times from the Vaughan and recreation indoor swimming pool. Then I approached back to the beach on the main deck by water boat. This afternoon, I went on a kayak boat skills I have learned were left, right, straight, forward and reverse positions. In the future, I want to participate in the Lake Ontario Kayak crossing Challenge in 52km from Niagara on-the Lake to Cherry Beach in Downtown Toronto I had a big exciting day.

Kevin
Spent our whole day doing “Alan Overboard” and learnt how to kayak. I learnt how to do a back stroke and front stroke. I think the key to kayaking is to know how to turn and  how to stop the boat. But if you don’t know how to control the direction of paddle, I gurantee you either hesitate in the kayak or get left behind everyone. Hand time. I enjoyed it though, food tasted fantastic for lunch, we had a beef burger!

Nicola Huang
Today at Monticle, We did water activities such as kayaking and man over board drills. We learned capsizing in our kayaks and gained self-confidence in our dives. There was quite an amount of tears from several people’s lives today. Watching my dear buddies cry is just painful. I hope my jug made their day brighter than before. Billy lost his voice today. I bought his a drink because he needs to keep hydrated to get well soon. Today, Billy’s buddy Phillip came over. He is a very experienced guy! Looking forward to HIS version of military style PT!

Ingrid Zhou
Today I did kayaking and manover board. I feel very exciting. because I don’t have some experience like today before. At first, closing kayaking is difficult for me. Because my boat is just moving in a circle. But now I know how to kayaking. And I have 5th to tell you. I’m fine. You don’t have to worry about me. You don’t have to give Billy message everyday! I know you love me. To be honest, I don’t like this way. Sorry for my words. And I know you miss me, I miss you too. Today is Day 8. This camp will over at 4:00 pm of Day 14. And you should know I love you so.

Kelvin Pan
Today was the day I got the most mosquito bits, (5) normaly 1 a day but J,
Anyway today bravo group was first on the boat and we did drill jumps I was scared a little bit
I also met a handsome fellow named Phillip!
J

Nina Tan
This morning, I woke up at 6:45AM. We did physical training and then we ate breakfast. After, we had a lesson on how to sit on a safety boat safely and some parts of the safety boat like the port or the bow and more. After, we put on our wetsuits and walked to the beach. At the beach, we learned how to kayak and we learned about capsizing for around 2-4 hours, later, Billy picked my team to go on the safety boat to do some drills, when we finished the drills, we came back to the beach and then we ate lunch, after, another team went with Billy and then the rest of the teams continues to kayak. When it was finished, we cleaned up that equipments and then we had a small freetime. Later we ate supper and then we sat around the campfire.

Mireille
Today, each group went to water and learn how to capsize. I was teach them how to use the paddle and I kept an eye on them. Children kayak in the afternoon and me too. After dinner, some children present a drama. I tanned a lot.

Eric Lo
Today was actually my best day of all in these 8 days because I ate burger and kayak (I am good at it)
Also, all the groups went out to a lake to do trainings in different kinds of style which was very fun.

Sabrina Mak
Today, everything is all about water and kayaking. This day would probably be my second most favorite day through the camps, because we got to go kayaking out in the lake and also do some water drills. It was a little hard for me to do the drills because we had to do a back flip in the water and I kinda failed. But anyways, its my first try, and I think its okay not doing it properly. This blog may be quite short, but just wait for the next few  days, there will be more fun activities to day. This will be continued……

Fred
Today is very fun we get to do kayaking and doing drills and I did lots of flips.

Imaan
This morning we woke up at 6:45 for PT. Then we had breakfast and a small lesson about water safety. Then we got ready to go kayaking and doing some man overboard drills. First we got on a really cool speed boat that took us to the middle of the lake. There we did some man overboard drills. We practice falling and jumping off the boat as well as some other really fun things. Then we had lunch. After lunch we went kayaking for a few hours. It was really fun. Tomorrow is going to be almost the same as today so I’m really excited.

Tess Chau
Today was WET, WET,WET (The total opposite of yesterday!) Today after breakfast, we were introduced to a new person, who is currently an explosives expert who is also a colleage of Billy. Alan (A Typhoon Kayaker), taught us the basic skills of kayaking, while group by group were transported the inner Georgian Bar to do 4 different man-overboard drills. Because my team, Alpha, only had 4 people, we were grouped together with Delta to do the man-overboard drills. After we came back from that,5 girls, Kaysha, Tiffany, Maggie, Rita, and I we allowed to do it again (WHOPEE!), with leaderships! It was totally awesome because we got to go to the outer Georgian bay were there were waves and we did the no anchor diving challenge! But lastly after dinner there were 7 students who did a (HILARIOUS) drama/skit on the 1st 3 days of the camp! Looking forward to 3 more days on water!














































































































































2 comments: