Thursday, July 11, 2013

Me3 Foundations – Alpha Group Day 12



Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Day 12
This morning everyone got up early and was ready by 7AM. We all left, leaving behind a few staffs, for Wonderland. But before that, students and two staffs were dropped off at First Markham Place for breakfast while instructors, senior leaderships, and junior leaderships brought the kayaks and Zodiac back to Monticle to unload and unpack. When the instructors and leaderships finished unloading, they came back, collected us and drove us to Vaughan Mills. The leaderships and instructors ate lunch there while the rest of the students shopped around. Afterwards, we got dropped off at Wonderland, and we had a wonderful time. We got back to camp pretty late, had dinner, wrote our blogs, and went to sleep. 


Meagan
Day 12
Today was fun, but tiring!
We first went to first welcome place to eat breackfast, After we went to Vange mills shoping centre, to shop for 2 hours to buy souviners!!
After we shoped for 2 hours, we met up around starbucks at 2:30 and went to canada’s wonder land!!!!!!
Canada’s wonder land is so AWESOME!!!!!
We had to go in groups I first went with Nina and Imman and switch to Rita, Kaysha, Naomi and Ingrid.
And did a lot of rides like The fly, Thunder run…….
Today was awesome!!!!!!
I had a lot of fun at Monticle!!!!!
Samson
Today, I headed to First Markham Place at 3255 Highway 7 East in Markham. It took more than two hours from Muskey’s Landing Cottage Resort to First Markham Place in Markham by the Mercedes Benz Serintler van. At the food court, I ate rice with corn, chicken and broccoli for breakfast. This food court  tasted so good and delicious. This afternoon, I approached to Vaughan Mills Shopping Centre at Highway 400 exit 32 on Bass Pro Mills Drive. In the Mall, I have visited Roadside Picnic Food Court. Kia SD car (2014), Hockey Life, Lucky Strike Lanes boiling alley and much more. My most favourite Mall exhibit was the Hockey Life because many North Americans still loves ice hockey very much. Next, I approached to Parmount Canada’s Wonderland. Those exciting and easy rides that I have been were Leviathan, Wild Beast, The Fly, Thunder Run, Vortex, Time Ware, Timber wolf Falls and Behemoth two times. My most exciting 1st ride was the Behemoth. At 8:35PM, I left at Paramount Canada’s Wonderland and headed back to Muskey’s Landing Cottage Resort on Highway 400 exit 153 at 10:05 PM by the Mercedes Benz Sprintler van. I had a huge exciting outing day!!!
Bridget
Vaughan Mills! WOOT!! Free day today! Not only did we go to Vaughan Mills Mall, we also went to Canada’s WONDERLAND!! I went on many different rides and bought some stuff. I also went shopping for some clothing and food on the way to wonderland. We spent around 5 hours in wonderland and played all day long and I would say it was one of the best day I’ve had here in Monticle. I would like to thank the people who sacrificed their time not in wonderland with us but helped fix the sprinters and helped buy dinner for us, so thank you Calvin, Edwin Chan, Michael, and most importantly, Billy! :D
Ingrid
It’s 10:27 pm. We just arrivel our hotel. I have a happy day. We go to a very big mall. And I brought myself a pair of shoe for tomorrow and a dress. We will sleep at 11:00 tonight and get up at 8:00 tomorrow. I can’t tell you more because I have to take a shower now. And my leadership want me to finish writing my blog.
Kelvin Pan
Today was a special day we whent to the first Markham Place to get presents ands to get Breadfast I was a bit sad cause I was looking forward to buying the Gundam figure
So then we when to the Vaughan Mills tHAT WAS CRAZY my Group consists of Samson, Nester, Ethen and Julian so Nester and Ethan Use TONs of Money I then used $300 and up Nester used $150
Then we when to the Canada’s Wonderland my first Rollar Coster ride was on the Wild Beast
So Basically that was my Day
Kevin
Today is one of the funnest day of the camp, but also one of the worst day of this camp. I rode on the “Leviathan” 1 time and rode on the “Behemoth” 3 times, both the top 10 scariest ride in the world. Awesome. The 3rd time on the “Behemoth” was the best, Julian and I raised up our hands in air for the whole entire ride. I almost used up all my cash in Vauhn mills. I won a Zorua pokemon stuff toy in the milk bottle game Epic.
Nicola
Today we woke up at 530, My group did early preparation today, because we expected the last inspection. We went to HQ to help unload stuff (leadership). We then visited Vaughan~ Mills mall. Next we went to Canada’s Wonderland. Most of us went on Canada’s tallest roller coaster; Leviathan. I’m so happy and proud of those who conquered their fears of height and roller coasters in general. YAY! Tomorrow is Etiquette. Ahh… it’s gonna be formal! ;)
Maggie
Today was a awesome and tiring day. We got ready then went downstairs and got into the trucks. For breakfast, we drove all the way to First Markham Place. Then, we went to Vaughan Mills and shopped. After shopping, we spent 5 or 6 hours at Canada’s Wonderland, which was awesome! After that, we finally drove back here and ate dinner.
Elvin
Today we had a lot of fun in Wonderland. We woke up early in the morning at about 6:15 am and left at 7. Or convoy included 3 vans and a private car. We left to Markham place to drop off the students first, then the leadership team went to Moticle HQ to unload all the campting utilities such as kayaks and tents. After that, we set off to shopping mall to spend some quality shopping time. I didn’t buy much, because I thought I had enough items to carry already. After we had lunch in the mall we went to have fun in Wonderland for 5 hours, my favourite was the rollercoasters!
Chin Ho
What a fun day at wonderland. the roller coaster, the rides and the water park. what a day. The ride I enjoyed the most was the Leviathin, 1 of the tallest roller coaster in the world and the scariest in canada. It looked like a suicide machine at 1st but when I was on, it was sooo fun! I went on it twice. (I had fun with pompey!)
Nestor
Today we went to Canada wonderland and one of the rides are as scary as Hair razer in the Hk ocean park. but one of the rides that I really liked is Behemeth. I went there 2 times and I herd that it is the 8 scaries ride in the world.
Tiffany
Choice day, the only day as fun and money spending after Niagara falls. Today we began at First Malcolm Plaace and traveled to Vaugn Mills. I hung out with couple other leaderships and passed out in the Mass pro shop couches, then slowly sneaked out with Edwin & Nicola, left a note saying HI, BYE! We then spent the rest of the hour wandering around and analyzing brands. With all this in mind we headed to Wonder, land with great excitement on hands. At wonderland, everyone went on big, big rides while I quietly step aside and take pictures of the horrified faces. Several other activities followed, such as water rides, bag making and MINI GOLF! I won by a few points over Lemuel, as we were all immatures we had absolutely no idea what was going on
Kaysha
Today was choice day. The leaderships headed back to HQ to put back all equipment in the morning, then we went to Vaughan Mills, the largest shopping mall in Ontario. We split in groups and bought items, one person using more than $5000 HK, talk about setting the record! In 2 hours! Then we went to Canada’s wonderland. I didn’t go on a lot of rides. I bought some items that I wanted. Overall the day was okay, but now it’s already 11 p,. I dread tomorrow; my formal dress looks weird.
Rita
Today was an “urban” day. First, we went to the largest mall in Ontario. We had 2 hours to shop there. I bought stuff for me and my family. I was “shopping partners” with Iman, Nina and Megan. The shopping was quite fun. Then, we went to Canada’s Wonderland. I rode four rides, and spent most of my money there. When we came back to Musky’s, it was already 10:00.
Sabrina Tan
Today was the much awaited day of SHOPPING! Needless to say, many things well purchased. (Mostly clothing). To Dad, at Monticle we learned good first impressions are important, if not crucial. Since the word impress comes from impression, my new clothes are an investment to my future. Self-justifications aside, today was a very fun day. After Vaughan Mills mall we went to Canada’s Wonderland for the rest of the day. I can officially say I have conquered the tallest roller-coaster in Canada! Meagan, Maggie, and I spent the day trying a variety of rides. They are so sweet. Late night tonight, etiquette training tomorrow!
Fred
Today is very fun. We went to wonderland. I went on roller coasters the first time in my life. I have overcome my fear of heights.
Imaan
Today we woke up extra early to go to Vaughn mills mall. It was really fun to be able to walk around the mall with my friends and do whatever we wanted. I got all of my eid shopping done so it was really great. Then we went across the street to Canada’s Wonderland. I went with one of my friends and we went on most of the smaller rides. I would have liked to go on some bigger rides but it was still fun. Tomorrow is our last full day at Monticle. Its sad but I’m still happy to be going home.
Nina
Today, I woke up at 6:05 AM. We left the cabins early to go to breakfast, the students got to eat breakfast while leader ships and above had to unload some equipments to the headquarters. After, everyone went to Vaugn Mills and then we went to Canada’s Wonderland. It was scary and fun! My blog is smaller today because I’m super tired!
Sabrina Mak
I had the greatest time of my life just for being in Canada’s Wonderland. First time ever being there, I have already enjoyed this amusement park since the first rollercoaster ride. Some rides are quite fast and extreme, where as some rides are slow and usually for small children. My favourite ride would probably be the Behemoth, because it goes straight up and down in a ninety degree angle. First, I thought it would be terrifying, but at the end it was the best ride out of all of them. It was fast, long and extremely fun, so I went on it for two times with my friend Bridget.
At around 8:30 pm, it was time to go back to Muskey’s. I had a very great day and I hope one day to return to Canada’s Wonderland for those extreme rides again.
Siena
Today I had the most fun ever we went to CW (Canada’s Wonderland (btw) this is going to be short because I am really tried) today I faced my fears and rode Behemoth. and Leviathen the 8th largest roller coaster in the world it was much fun good night.
Pompey
Today us an amazing day for me! In the morning, we drop down the students, then we all the leadership go back to HQ to load down all the kayaks and the things we don’t use the day after, then we go back to FMP to pick up all the students way to Vaughan Mills for shopping. I buy a pocket knife, and I like it so much.
After shopping we go to the Canada Wonderland at the beginning I am so scared, due to I never play roller coaster nbefore. After I play the wild beast then I have more gust to play another roller coaster
Eric Lo
I played and shoped all the day. In the morning, I had a 2 hr car ride to eat breakfast (satay beef noodle) In the afternoon, I went to a mall and wonderland (It was very fun. After the fun, I was totally exshausted and I slept in the car.
Edwin Cheung
Today, We group when on wonder land for the trip. Jennifer, J.J and Allen and Me was said to stand back to help out. We ate cup noodle, and much potato, core rice cookie and more. We help pick up garbage and organize kitchen, we also play volleyball with Jennifer and J.J. It was fun. Me and Allen have a long discussion about what is the next step to continue for my up coming high school. Some of the school was close. My decision to now is to stay in Canada for my further education
Jason Wang
Today wasn’t very eventful, well, only for the members which stayed behind to watch HQ. The students got to go to wonderland and also went shopping though. Mean while Edwin Cheung, My sister, Allan and I stayed back, ate, slept, and watched/fixed equipment. The wind also picked up today, hopefully it dies down tomorrow.
Tess
12th Day of the Program
Today, as Billy promised us, we went to First Markham Place for a delicious breakfast then we went to Vaughan Mills for 2 hours of SHOPPING! Sabrina Senior was over the moon and was in HEAVEN! (Especially since Vaughan Mills is the largest shopping mall in Ontario.) By the time we gathered in front of Ben and Jerry’s, she had 6 different shopping bags hanging off her arms, and spent a grand total of around $700 in 2 hours! After that we hurried off to Canada Wonderland and went wild! I went on every si9ngle rollercoaster in the amusement park including the tallest rollercoaster in Ontario!!! After those we went on Timber Wolf Falls where we got completely soaked, then we were dumb enough to stand on the wave deck and get even more wet after being hit by 2 waves! Everyone slept on the caride back because we were so pooped out. We just had take-out fried rice for dinner and JJ is chasing me to end this so I’ll end it here! xD
Naomi
                Today was a free day of going shopping at Vaghan Mills and to the amusement park Wonderland.
                THe day started off with us eating breakfast at a mall near the HQ while the leaderships drop of all the equiptment at headquarters. After that we headed off to Vaghan Mills, which is the biggest mall in Ontario. What they sell ranges from clothes to food to toys to so much more. I experienced my first dollar store there today.
                Next was Wonderland—a popular amusement park in Canada. It has the tallest roller coaster in Ontario. I won a Laker’s basketball and went on a couple of rides including a roller coaster. All in all, it was a great day.
Julian
Today is the best day of Monticle, In the morning, excursion in Vaugh Mills largest mall in Ontario, In the afternoon we went to Wonderland which is the best part of this camp. In Vaugn Mills, I bought Movies such as “Hulk” and “Scary Movie”, also spent most of my money into pokemon cards! In wonderland, we did arcade and got onto rides, the largest coaster I got onto was either “Behemoth” or “Leviathan,” It is said it was top ten longest coaster in youtube, In night, we arrived at Muskey’s at ten, then had fried rice as dinner, very late now, so I’m gonna stop writing
Mireille
Today was a awesome day. Indeed we didn’t PT!! No, it was awesome because we went to First Markham Place to eat breakfast then we directly went to Vaughn Nills to shopping. At around 3pm we arrived to Canada’s wonderland and I played about 6 games. It was cool because there are not a lot of people so we didn’t need to queue. We arrived to Muskey’s landing at 10 pm. Now I’m writing the blog and eating dinner.
Nathan
Day 12, today was the day where we went to Wonderland. Wonderland, is a park where there are roller coaster rides. At first, we went on the largest roller coaster so I was afraid. then we went on the top 8 scariest roller coaster ride. It was really fun. The rest of the rides are huge but it was pretty boring. We been there for 5 hours.
Lemuel
Woke up early today and moved the students out to First Markham Place and proceeded to move back to HQ to unload all the equipment that was packed yesterday. After an hour or so of unloading, we moved everyone out to Vaughan Mills mall and let them have free time to shop. At around 2:30, we moved out to wonderland for the rest of the day. First ride I went on was the Leviathan where I figuratively crapped my pants. We also went on a bunch of other rides that I really can’t remember. All you need to know now is that my underpants is wet, I’m tired, and I’m most likely never going to ride something like the Leviathan again.
Ethan
Vaughan Mills and Wonderland! First I went and bought stuff for my lil bro and my friends back in Hk. It was actually the first time I’ve EVER went on a shopping spree… unlike Sabrina Tan……
And then what I believed was MOST fun was the Time warp rollercoaster in Canada’s Wonderland. It was so COOL! The first part was cool, we are moved up a rotating elevator to the starting ramp; from there it was just like I was flying. It was A … wait for it… MAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

















































































5 comments:

  1. Dear Edwin (Cheung)
    Happy to know what you have been doing. When you are back to Monticle, please try to call us. Nothing too serious, just want to speak with you.
    Cheers
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siena,
    I love reading your blog! I am happy you are having FUN!
    So proud of you for facing your fears at Wonderland yesterday – YAY Siena!
    Looking forward to camping (Get ready - Amazing Race is back!)

    From Your Biggest Fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Ingrid,
    Today, grandma went to register for you. Liu Zeyi is in your class. Grandma said, your class teacher is the most handsome man in No.16 Middle School. And your mom said, please trust your grandma:)

    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nicola Huang,
    We miss you sooo much!
    We are extremely glad that you're have a great time
    at Monticle with your new friends!
    After looking at those pictures, I'm getting really
    jelly... I really want to go now :)
    It's really good to see you having FUN!
    I can't wait for you come back!!!
    Fighting!^^

    Your beloved family,

    Doris,Yaura, Mom and Dad <3

    ReplyDelete