Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Bravo group Day 12

Today there was a 60% chance of thunderstorms. As of such, we planned for indoor activities, such as chess matches, bowling, and going watching a movie. We decided on watching a movie (“The Dark Knight Rises”) at the cinema. We arrived a bit early, so before the movie we were given the chance to explore the plaza, Dix 30, which is the largest shopping complex in Quebec. Some of us visited a bookstore, while others chose to go to the dollar store, as well as Atmosphere to look at equipment and buy things in preparation of the Niagara Falls walk.

After the movie, which was the last of the trilogy, we were given some more free time, during which some of us played arcade games in the theatre lobby. We played air hockey, racing, and hunting games. Soon after, we returned to Charlie’s house, where we received lecture from Billy on items that he recommended we bring on the Niagara Falls walk—including backpacks with ventilation, extra socks and shoes, and walking sticks. Later, we will be eating dinner with Henry and Edwin Lo’s relatives at a restaurant. Did I mention that today, there were clear skies and gorgeous sunshine? No rain at all. Tomorrow, we will be heading back to HQ.

Jason Wang

Today was a very relaxed day as the following days will be very busy. Today we woke up at normal time (7:30 for Leadership and 8:00 am for students) then we at breakfast which consisted of bread, butter, eggs and hotdogs. After that we packed up and headed to the movies where we watched the movie “The Dark Knight Rises” which is the last movie in this trilogy. After the movie we played at the arcade for a while and came back to Chalies house where now I’m writing the blog.

Jennifer

Today was pretty much a day of rest. We had anticipated thunderstorms all day today, but it never did rain. We went to watch “The Dark Knight Rises” in the theatre. I learned some new things about the culture and customs of Quebec. The seats in a theatre are reserved when you buy the tickets, so you are to sit at your assigned seats. I’m glad that we all followed along with our assigned seating, unlike what we usually do in Ontario (grab any choice seat after buying tickets), and avoided any conflicts.

And just as a random thought, I am also better at air hockey than I believed I was. xD

Jason Wong

Today was the first day of August. This morning we had sausage, scrambled eggs and bread with butter. We went to the dix area to watch the Dark Knight rises. We walked around a little bit before the movie. I went to EB games and tried the Olympic game on the xbox. I did a terrible job at it. We went back to the Cineplex and watched batman, it was close to 3 hours. After we went around the area for one hour and I spent most of the time in the apple store then we headed back to the house.

Alan

Today we went to a place called Dix. We watch a movie there called the “dark knight rises” after watching the movie I went to the apple (the computer store) store with Jason. We used the computer after that I wanted to go to the dollarama but I didn’t have time.

Jacky

Today was a fun relaxing day we started out waking up at 8:00 am. We then had a very nice breakfast of eggs and sausages. We then decided to watch the movie Dark Knight because all of us needed a break time to time. We then went around the mall complex and bought stuff. I bought a walking stick to help me take long journeys. Now we are awaiting to leave to a very nice dinner.

Edwin Cheung

Today is Augest, 1, 2012. I woke up at 7:30 am to really for a day. We ate egg, bun, sauages. Late at 11:00 we went to wat “Batman Rises” it is a 2:44 mines. Later we went a to shopping around “DIX 30”. Later we will go out for dinner. Today I learn from Batman that “I should never give up!!!”

Calvin

Today was the most relaxing day that I have ever had in Monticle. It was a refreshing difference from what we usually do at Monticle. I’m not complaining about it since everyone needed a break anyways. Today we wake up at the same time as yesterday, but the difference was that we had more free time. We watched the Dark Knight Rises. It was good but I’d rather watch spider man. The movie was almost 3 hours long so it took most of the day up. We went browsing after the movie and then that’s how we ended up back here waiting to go to dinner.

Jonathan

Today, on the first day of August, we went to a shopping plaza in Brossard. It was big. We watched “The Dark Knight Returns” at the Cineplex Odean Brossard Movie Theatre. In UltraAVX. It was very loud and amazing. After the movie, we played the games in the theatre. It was fun. also in the plaza was the sports Express and Atmosphere stores. After we ate dinner at Edwin and Henry Lo’s house. Tomorrow, we leave Montreal.

Peggy

Today’s a day of relaxation. We all did what we usually do in the mornings: wake up at 8… et cetera, et cetera… After breakfast we went to the Dark Knight Rises! In Ultra AVX! I quite liked the movie. Mm there; not much to say other than that we boght walking sticks for the Niagara walk and a water bottle for Edwin. We’re leaving Montral tomorrow. I’m somewhat dreading the walk, and yet…

Edwin Chan

Today is the fourth day in Montreal and our plan was simple. We went to the largest shopping centre called Dix30. We went there to watch a movie called the Dark Knigt Rises in Ultra AVX. The movie was around 2 hour and 44 minutes long. Once we finished the movie we were given free time and all I did for the free time was playing in the arcade.

Alastair

Today was a sort of break day for the students. We watched a movie, and walked around the Dix30 plaza/mall complex/ etc. We got back to the house and we relaxed, showered, and wrote blogs, and typed them up, all while waiting to go to dinner at a restaurant. It wasn’t a busy day, so good night, and we’ll upload tomorrow!

Grace

今天,我们的主要任务是看电影。我们看了一个关于蝙蝠侠的电影我睡了一会,所以情节有一些连不上,但是英雄还是在劣势中,永不放弃,拯救了人类,!!!并且活了下来,!!!!!开始了新的生活!!!!
有人说,这部电影告诉我们,don’t trust  women.但是,在那个乱世之中,有人会因为你是女的就会手下留情吗。。若光拼力气,实力,女子比不过男,所以,本来就是一场不公平的对抗,又为何要用公平的方法呢。。
其实,我觉得,电影中真正感人的,是两个反派人物,。他们发动暴动,是因为,在此之前,他们永远被比他们上层的人物碾压。他们残忍,是因为生活没有教会他们善良。。若他们善良,那死的就会是自己。。一个人的性格,人生,取决于他生存的地方。
当然了,坏人总是死掉的,因为他们不是主角。。

Ryan Sun

Never trust women------learnt from Batman
Today we got up a little bit late because we went to watch a wonderful firework last night. After breakfast we went to Dix30 to watch a movie called Batman. It’s a little boring at the beginning so I fell asleep. The cinemas in Canada have some difference from the ones in China. The cinemas in China always within a big shopping mall and they are full of people all the time!
I love here!

Cedric

Today is a relaxing day. Before we went to dix30, we cleaned Charlie’s house because all the people stay in his house for 4 days. I am very appreciate what he did to us. At 12:30 am, we started watching movie, which called ‘batman’, sending us a very important message , which is ‘never give up’. Whatever how difficult things you meet, even though it might be hard to get though, but do not give. That is the right way to be success. Then we during 15mins in the book store, I would like to spent more time in reading books and buy some home.

Henry


Today, I bought a lot of things. I used a lot of money to buy gifts and the toys. it was very expensive. I bought the sweet for my family. I hope it will like this things they were very yummy. I will get back to Toronto tomorrow. I am very miss Montreal. I will come back here.


Edwin Lo


Today I am not with Billy. However, I know what are Billy and my friend do. First, they go t buy some thing. After, they go to watch movie. So I went to mall to buy gifts. First, my brother went to buy the XL pants. Then, we went to one dollar shop to buy gift. Then, I went back to the house to eat lunch. Yummy! After finish the lunch, I went to play computer games. After, I went to eat the dinner and went back to Billy hose for tomorrow went to Toronto. I am very miss Montreal.

1 comment: