Monday, January 27, 2014

Winter Exploration 2014 Day 8



Waking up rather early today, I spent my time trying my best to go to sleep (because from my previous experiences, jet lag is a huge pain in my backside). But as anticipated, I was fully awake with my eyes gleaming as if their mission was to keep me awake just right after our day begins. Things took a turn then, as we headed to the HQ and Billy gave my mother a tour around. I took a decent amount of time playing table hockey ( in which I made several frustrating mistakes). After picking up the three gentlemen from the HQ we all headed for breakfast, ( As predicted, my mother and sister gave a moving speech about their hunger and need for food) then set off onto our journey to the University of Trononto. Arriving, my instructor Billy, gave us a tour and explained the potential future of Monticle and the collaboration with the University of Toronto. As a Cantonese born and raised, it was quite natrual that I shivered and jumped in the cold, even Finland wasn't this terrorizing! ( I guess it was the wind ) We then visited other Landmarks of our own, such as the University Billy graduated in, the first resturant and job Billy ever took, and the place where Billy took his first english lessons. We also visited the nearby hospitals and spent most of our day downtown. It was refeshing and great! ( Although I fell asleep during several rides )


2014127
     今天我们参观了多伦多市中心,这里的景象跟夏天的很不同。为了深入探索这个城市,我们参观了多伦多大学的书店等设施,也参观了医院和、汽车商场和唐人街。总的来说在硬件上国内的基础设施已经跟加拿大不相上下了,可是加拿大的会体现出更多的人文的精神,和和睦的氛围。我在宝马销售中心时,我可以随便坐上一百多万的跑车参观,也没有人怀疑我会弄坏车。这样一种信任他人的美好氛围是非常珍贵的。





















No comments:

Post a Comment