Thursday, February 6, 2014

Winter Exploration 2014 Final

I could use Nothing better to start this blog but a loud and long laugh. A laugh of happiness, a laugh of sarcasm, a laugh of confusion, and a laugh of pure and utter bafflement. As things took a quick turn, old memories revived, new experiences to ok place and connections were made. Myself being a local Cantonese girl, have not experienced much of snow, and matter of fact, this is my second time only, seeing snow. I saw how busy everyone were, how much extra work was put just to get out of the house every morning. Over the last few days, I went paint balling, the metro zoo, visiting schools, visiting friends, having a vigorous night tour, and meeting new people. When I went paint balling with everyone from Trans Can, the memories of our teamwork and laughter came before me once again. Those moments where we shielded each other from the gross and sticky paint, those challenges, and those moments of joy seeing our teammate fail laughing, and those times where we would make nonsense out of everything we see on the sprinter once again reminded me of my times in monticle. Afterwards, I spent several hours learning how to play FIFA on the xbox and once again spending those quiet moments where you sense your own stupidity while making the best out of it. Then, I visited the Metro Zoo, though starting in the morning with hectic messaging trying my best to gather as many of my friends possible, seeing them for the last time. Billy then took me and my family visiting schools, where Calvin made extremely interesting comments and gave extraordinarily weird advice. With the original objective of this entire trip to be visiting schools, I found it very rewarding. To sum up the trip, I have met several new monticle members (well members whom I have never met but heard loads about). For example, today I met lemmy's mom Shelly, a pleasure. When she told us about her shovelling snow out of her driveway. I didn't think it was a big deal until I tried shovelling the snow, and was extremely impressed by her power and ability. Ultimately I had a blast with everyone! I will miss the meaningless snow fights, the endless nonsense blabber we call conversations, and the happy times we've ever had. Thank you lots! Will see you guys again very soon!

2014年2月2日
今天我要坐飞机回家了。但是早晨我们接到一个特別的任务:昨天雪暴冻住了一台大车,我们需要将车合力推出来,然后把停车场上的雪铲开。我们几个人齐心协力,试了好多次终于将车推了出去。来帮忙的同学越来越多,我们用了所有工具铲雪。不得不说冰雪太硬了,我用尽全力铲了差不10分钟才铲下一块冰。不过最后我们一起合力清完了冰雪。我累得手脚酸痛,但是觉得很值得,这是又高兴又难忘的经历



























1 comment: